Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We need more moderators!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default We need more moderators!!!!!

Am I the only one in thinking that too many people get away with foul and disgusting language as I have notice a lot of children play this game and I don't like to think that there first message on the screen is a swear word. But what is happening about it? absolutely nothing! Oh sure you can report them but where are the moderator these days? Are they not enough? Because tbh I have never seen a moderator which is a shame considering I've been playing for about a year now. Ok my shout out to you'd GET SOME MORE MODERATORS TO STAY IN TOWNES
    Ps I am more than happy to be a moderator the language I see sometimes on here is disguisting please think about this!! :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harlie View Post
    Am I the only one in thinking that too many people get away with foul and disgusting language as I have notice a lot of children play this game and I don't like to think that there first message on the screen is a swear word. But what is happening about it? absolutely nothing! Oh sure you can report them but where are the moderator these days? Are they not enough? Because tbh I have never seen a moderator which is a shame considering I've been playing for about a year now. Ok my shout out to you'd GET SOME MORE MODERATORS TO STAY IN TOWNES
    Ps I am more than happy to be a moderator the language I see sometimes on here is disguisting please think about this!! :-)
    Devs (moderators) are always hopping on and off the game. They also tend to bad behavior appropriately through the report system. Any game has crude language, but the ignore button works perfectly along with the report button. Hope this helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

If someone is swearing at u or offending u with innaproriate language report them with screenshots at support@spacetime.com
    They will deal with it. Honestly tho every mmo has a bit of swearing and we are people that come from all over the world and will take offense to diffent words and may not understand others so u got to excpect a few fights and a few curse words nobody is perfect I'm sure nearly every one has thrown the old curse around at player or when lagging .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Harlie,
    I kinda agree with you that we need moderators in the game but NOT hire MORE mods cause I've seen people swearing but not that much... I only see once in like 1 day but still its their fault for swearing. They should really cool off for awhile and mind their own business. People who take their anger on someone is someone who wants attention. To avoid this, IGNORE IT don't try to response in a bad way, that would make situations worse. And in my opinion, to all the people who swear and have problems in the game... Whats the point at swearing at someone.. the result would be never ending fighting..

In my opinion, they dont need to hire more mods, they just need mods who can response quickly on reports and investigate the game more. And I also think that your taking this chance to Ask the Devs to become a Mod and Sorry man your not gonna be. Trust me I know! I did want to be a mod in 1 online game before and It is not gonna happen.. so dont bother asking!

PS: This reply is toooo long so I dont think people will bother reading this but I hope you do BECAUSE this is a life lesson for all the people who SWEAR IN THE GAME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Think about what? Your need for more mods or for you to be a mod. Lol sorry just want to know. =D
    But what I think is, that your not going to be a mod. Trust me I know. Ive applied to become a mod for ANOTHER GAME - Fantage and it didnt work =(
    so im not going to bother asking anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Doesn't this game have a swear filter that you can turn on and off? If you don't like swear words, turn the filter on, no one is forcing you to turn the filter off. Now threatening, abusive, or harrasing language is another story imo, one that calls for a suspension/ban. Just my 2 cents

Someone let me borrow money for lunch, I just spent my last 2 cents.......... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Id make a good moderator considering I play 8-12 hrs a day lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously, i liked te word filter idea, well yea it was bugged but why cant they work on it some more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@IHATEPUPPYS <-- why do you hate puppies!
    As I said before, just don't bother asking, you wont make it. There is a 0.015% chance that theyre gonna accept random people as a mod. I think you need to apply but don't think that your going to be a mod if you apply... it will still be 0.015% <---- accurate!

Good Luck if you apply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

see http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=clean

If everyone does their bit for five mins whilst they're on then we may reduce the issue drastically.

I think its only a minority but they may make that kind of behaviour seem acceptable to newer players if not monitored, reported, etc. A very small effort from everyone will go a long way in the right direction. I won't be engaging with anyone as its not worth it, but reporting very bad and offensive behaviour is a given, imho.

I never had 2 cents..... and now i don't have that 2 pence left either
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    If someone is swearing at u or offending u with innaproriate language report them with screenshots at support@spacetime.com
    They will deal with it. Honestly tho every mmo has a bit of swearing and we are people that come from all over the world and will take offense to diffent words and may not understand others so u got to excpect a few fights and a few curse words nobody is perfect I'm sure nearly every one has thrown the old curse around at player or when lagging .
    Nowadays you don't even have to take a screen shot. Just tap on that person and then tap the REPORT button. The devs will read the logs which they have in text format.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just don't bother listening to other people who swear, like whats the point of listening to them or maybe you butt in to an arguement and argue with that person.. really your just adding in to it. Best advice is to leave these people alone.. just ignore them.
    Add me
    Zonekiller - Level 33 warrior FTW ( Feb 28, 2011 )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm notbothered if im not a mod the fact is that there are children on here listenin to what they say you can ignore th all you want but they still see it it's not fair on them especially Ehem you get idiots swearing all the time on it for the fun of it what I've found out to be really effective is if you pretend your a mod and tell them that you are they stop it has worked every time and it helps I Now I won't be a mod I have to much experience on other games to know this lol but children see this language everyday and like I said it ain't far on them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But you ARE a mod...we all are. Granted, you have to go find the offender, but once you do and you tap on them, there is a "Report" button. I can assure you that the devs here look at every report we send, and will take the appropriate corrective action (temporary ban, permanent ban, etc.). This is considerably better than other games I've played, where the 9 year-olds tried out their brand new word on everyone with impunity, and no one really cared.

In all seriousness, though, I would shy away from telling anyone in-game that you are anything but a mature person who does not appreciate their brand of dialogue...the devs have very strict rules about that sort of thing. I have no idea if this specifically would upset them, but I wouldn't take any chances.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Moderators will not be selected until Spacetime can no longer successfully handle the mass of people. Spacetime has not clarified if they are interested in moderators, just what most likely will happen once the devs can no longer handle the increasing numbers of players.

Also moderators will be few, and being selected is going to be very hard, considering this forum has many great and humble contributers.

P.S. (We already have our unofficial runners up for a mod position IF there ever is mod positions).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Moderators will not be selected until Spacetime can no longer successfully handle the mass of people. Spacetime has not clarified if they are interested in moderators, just what most likely will happen once the devs can no longer handle the increasing numbers of players.

Also moderators will be few, and being selected is going to be very hard, considering this forum has many great and humble contributers.

P.S. (We already have our unofficial runners up for a mod position IF there ever is mod positions).
    Guardians of Alterra anyone? If there were EVER moderators. I'm pretty sure those would be the people selected. They really would be the ones to deserve it too.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

First off, youll never be a mod, its true.

Second, if you cant take a cuss word, gtfo MMOs.

No one gives a damn about cussing, it never hurt anyone, cuss words were made by people who needed somthing to bitch about, because whenever they bitched they got a kind "shut the **** up" Which is the origon of the EFF Bomb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    First off, youll never be a mod, its true.

Second, if you cant take a cuss word, gtfo MMOs.

No one gives a damn about cussing, it never hurt anyone, cuss words were made by people who needed somthing to bitch about, because whenever they bitched they got a kind "shut the **** up" Which is the origon of the EFF Bomb.
    Twink, cool it. This is a forums. While you are a friend and everything. The last thing I want to see is for you to get banned. So try and keep the language down a notch. Although, I saw what you did there by trying to emphasize your point.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Twink, cool it. This is a forums. While you are a friend and everything. The last thing I want to see is for you to get banned. So try and keep the language down a notch. Although, I saw what you did there by trying to emphasize your point.
    Everything i said is true.

Need i remind you all how the last anti cussing system worked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

mods cost money and more people means less money for everyone... there will be no mods I can tell you this. charging for everything is already happening.. can u imagin the cost to everything they will hike up if they expand?
    IGN: Inching