Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The addiction!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Default The addiction!!!!

So, I have been trying to "quit" playing PL but it just not happening (one can argue it's good or bad), but this game is so darn addictive. I began to analyze why this is so. I am sure many of my fellow forumers feel the same.

1. PvP- I mean come on, getting kills and then boasting your KDR is certainly rewarding. Plus, games are often very interesting, especially if played in CTF. (You guys remember the good 'ol Castle Keep Away times. Gawsh that was SO much fun with 10 people. So chaotic with mini skirmishes all over the map. Forest Fight is also extremely fun with RUSHING!!!! Hiding behind trees, and learn "how to tree." So many people rage when they see you "shoot through the tree." But once again, there is an enhanced version of Forest Fight- MUD MASH (I think this is the name of the map--It's the one that is Ancient Swamp themed.) This map is the epitome of FFA. Everyone joins knowing that it's an FFA atmosphere without this whole "go" nonsense.

2. Yo Fwends/Guidies- I feel like when I chill with my friends ig, it is like they are right next to me socializing. And honestly, if you meet the right people, you can trust them with anything. Ice, a great friend of mine, has borrowed my savage set MULTIPLE of times when it was worth 5 mil +. I was not an ounce scared. That is true friendship. Guilds-- Hmm. these things often cause a lot of distress with this guild war and everything. We trash Family and blah blah. But people are still nice. For example, Quantionus commented my thread about bears/foxes without being rude. Guild wars are nothing besides claiming which is superior.
    At the end of the day, it's a place to chill and talk with your friends (Reason why I left RM--No fwends to talk to )

3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing. If you constantly get beat, teamed, spawned, or killed, you really have a lower interest in the game. (Me right now in League of Legends lol) Relief- another psychological thing. RL is tough, school, family problems, work, and etc. PL is so relaxing even though you are spamming buttons like there is no tomorrow lol.

4. PvE- No comment. I hate it, but for others, it is SO MUCH FUN. Such masochists

JK I understand, SOMEWHAT, of why people would like PvE.

Do you guys feel me? Empathy?
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 01-11-2015 at 07:28 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing.
    Well talk about psychopathic killer :O
    I'm kidding but I can definitely relate. It took me forever to finally pull away from pl and realize my priorities currently need my full commitment. Of course by pull away I mean take a small break, as I certainly agree pl is too addictive for the same reasons you stated, friends and pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I'm trying to quit since 2012,lol
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

me liek PeeVeePee cus i can tresh talk, troll, and rush ppl

tip: be shore to maek nub name so ppl dunt know ur real char

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

<3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

What is sadder? Realizing you are addicted to PL and unable to quit, or realizing you are becoming addicted to PL and you can't stop playing.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    What is sadder? Realizing you are addicted to PL and unable to quit, or realizing you are becoming addicted to PL and you can't stop playing.
    i can see some troll saying

im looking at a sadder option
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I bet your probably adducted because you use money on the game, anyone who doesn't is less likely to be addictive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armourslash View Post
    I bet your probably adducted because you use money on the game, anyone who doesn't is less likely to be addictive.
    Not true at all lol.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

People who don't spend plat have just as much fun even maybe more because they can do something without spending plat like others which makes them feel good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

False, I don't spend my money on the game and have still failed to quit several times now.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Just give away all your gear. Since you've spent so much time and have been so commited to save up for so much expensive gear, you feel the urgency to play since you're just so rich.

Once you get rid of all your gear, you won't feel the longing of coming back to PL where you used to be so skilled and stacked.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    Just give away all your gear. Since you've spent so much time and have been so commited to save up for so much expensive gear, you feel the urgency to play since you're just so rich.

Once you get rid of all your gear, you won't feel the longing of coming back to PL where you used to be so skilled and stacked.
    Even then, it is hard for some people. I was banned at one point and lost everything. I "quit" for a year, but you cannot really quit PL forever right? There seems to always be times where you must come back.

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    So, I have been trying to "quit" playing PL but it just not happening (one can argue it's good or bad), but this game is so darn addictive. I began to analyze why this is so. I am sure many of my fellow forumers feel the same.

1. PvP- I mean come on, getting kills and then boasting your KDR is certainly rewarding. Plus, games are often very interesting, especially if played in CTF. (You guys remember the good 'ol Castle Keep Away times. Gawsh that was SO much fun with 10 people. So chaotic with mini skirmishes all over the map. Forest Fight is also extremely fun with RUSHING!!!! Hiding behind trees, and learn "how to tree." So many people rage when they see you "shoot through the tree." But once again, there is an enhanced version of Forest Fight- MUD MASH (I think this is the name of the map--It's the one that is Ancient Swamp themed.) This map is the epitome of FFA. Everyone joins knowing that it's an FFA atmosphere without this whole "go" nonsense.

2. Yo Fwends/Guidies- I feel like when I chill with my friends ig, it is like they are right next to me socializing. And honestly, if you meet the right people, you can trust them with anything. Ice, a great friend of mine, has borrowed my savage set MULTIPLE of times when it was worth 5 mil +. I was not an ounce scared. That is true friendship. Guilds-- Hmm. these things often cause a lot of distress with this guild war and everything. We trash Family and blah blah. But people are still nice. For example, Quantionus commented my thread about bears/foxes without being rude. Guild wars are nothing besides claiming which is superior.
    At the end of the day, it's a place to chill and talk with your friends (Reason why I left RM--No fwends to talk to )

3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing. If you constantly get beat, teamed, spawned, or killed, you really have a lower interest in the game. (Me right now in League of Legends lol) Relief- another psychological thing. RL is tough, school, family problems, work, and etc. PL is so relaxing even though you are spamming buttons like there is no tomorrow lol.

4. PvE- No comment. I hate it, but for others, it is SO MUCH FUN. Such masochists

JK I understand, SOMEWHAT, of why people would like PvE.

Do you guys feel me? Empathy?
    i feel the same way 100% whenever im not playing pl, i simply feel bored to death...
    IGNS: TUBBYBEHR!! LVL 40 REAPER NUKEY. LVL 40 MAGE PALLY SHUMIAN,+ xsmxkitesxfdx ~ 17~ and xsmskitexfdx ~ 27~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xionskull View Post
    Even then, it is hard for some people. I was banned at one point and lost everything. I "quit" for a year, but you cannot really quit PL forever right? There seems to always be times where you must come back.
    Most likely it's because you don't play PC games. If you're a fan of MMOs and you don't play PC games, you really can only dab around your phone. Nothing against STG, but you can really tell the distinction of quality between STG games and those PC games like World of Warcraft or League of Legends.

The majority of players who play STG games are players who don't have access to a PC, so a mobile MMO is the next best thing. If you can't play on a PC, it makes sense as to why it becomes hard to quit any mobile game.
    ya YEET

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yeah I get what your saying... I know that for a lot people, who live in countries where it would generally be harder to get a hold of a good PC, mobile MMOs are a favored alternative. For me personally, I enjoy games where hardcore players and non-hardcore players can both exercise their desired playing style at the same time. For example, I could log in and get a free daily elixir and level for 5 mins with players who have been playing nonstop all night on 3x combos. I can easily pick and chose how I want to play, when I want to play, how long I want to play, and where I want to play. It would not be ideal for me to lug a alienware PC to work, but to bring my phone, thats a no brainer. But yes, I do have access to a PC, I most recently tested out EQ next in beta, but mostly I just really enjoy the dynamics of PL. I totally see what your saying, and that's definitely a valid point.

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

remove the application , start watching tv or eating. You will suddenly forget PL. It's how i quit. If you ask me why i am back , i just missed a few friends and now playing again.

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winp View Post
    I'm trying to quit since 2012,lol
    2012 PL was awesome...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quantionus View Post
    remove the application , start watching tv or eating. You will suddenly forget PL. It's how i quit. If you ask me why i am back , i just missed a few friends and now playing again.
    So we should quit this addiction and gain two new ones?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anahadaz View Post
    So we should quit this addiction and gain two new ones?
    Lol that was what I was thinking....