Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A slightly unusual nerf/buff request thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anahadaz View Post
    Lol you are so oblivious and ignorant, idk why people continue to argue with you.
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Isn't the point of the ring to give an advantage?
    yes
    but even then ive seen people with absolutely no rings (not even the one costing 10 plat)
    beat other endgamers with rings!
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This sux! I can see the posts of the people i placed on the ignore list if i am not logged in. Ugh...i didn't know it worked like this.

Anyway i saw your last post IRandom. And i've read Dolloway's posts on nerfing strength sets before. But not all of it. Now i went back to it and read it all. That post had a lot of info in it and also the dude probably made some very hard thinking coming up with those conclusions. Still, at first glance, i do not think giving bears and extra 300-400 life as opposed to birds would work. 30% dodge to bears, what he suggested is nothing, from my experience. You wont dodge anything so, at first glance, what he proposed was way too severe for bears and that would make int and dex too much to handle. Still, i cannot be sure until someone actually implements these suggestions in and we test them. Maybe the high health regen on bears would work. I've no idea.

However, if you look at the 2nd part of his post, what he talked about was elite rings. He saw this way before me. His opinion was, either make 3pc available for everybody or make the 3pc available only for pve. He recognized it as a possible deal breaker. So i guess i am not the only one that's insane here.

Anyway for anyone who is interested: my results against a 3pc lust bear with him wearing 3pc and my int mage l75 dragon ring were 10-0 for him when he played with the ring, 7-3 and 6-4 for him when he was wearing no ring (none whatsoever) and another 10-0 after he put 3pc back on. So if i had 3pc as well as int lust l77, i would prolly have beaten him if he wouldnt have worn the ring. Anyways it would've been much closer. IF you got friends in pvp, ask them to take off the rings, (fight them with it on first), and compare the results. I feel that nerfing 3pc for some classes would be enough to balance pvp. And i guess i am not completely alone....Even if its half agreed with me.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-19-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marika1 View Post
    This sux! I can see the posts of the people i placed on the ignore list if i am not logged in. Ugh...i didn't know it worked like this.

Anyway i saw your last post IRandom. And i've read Dolloway's posts on nerfing strength sets before. But not all of it. Now i went back to it and read it all. That post had a lot of info in it and also the dude probably made some very hard thinking coming up with those conclusions. Still, at first glance, i do not think giving bears and extra 300-400 life as opposed to birds would work. 30% dodge to bears, what he suggested is nothing, from my experience. You wont dodge anything so, at first glance, what he proposed was way too severe for bears and that would make int and dex too much to handle. Still, i cannot be sure until someone actually implements these suggestions in and we test them. Maybe the high health regen on bears would work. I've no idea.

However, if you look at the 2nd part of his post, what he talked about was elite rings. He saw this way before me. His opinion was, either make 3pc available for everybody or make the 3pc available only for pve. He recognized it as a possible deal breaker. So i guess i am not the only one that's insane here.

Anyway for anyone who is interested: my results against a 3pc lust bear with him wearing 3pc and my int mage l75 dragon ring were 10-0 for him when he played with the ring, 7-3 and 6-4 for him when he was wearing no ring (none whatsoever) and another 10-0 after he put 3pc back on. So if i had 3pc as well as int lust l77, i would prolly have beaten him if he wouldnt have worn the ring. Anyways it would've been much closer. IF you got friends in pvp, ask them to take off the rings, (fight them with it on first), and compare the results. I feel that nerfing 3pc for some classes would be enough to balance pvp. And i guess i am not alone.
    how about u try same class vs same class with same set lol
    pls no hypotheticals
    they ruin ur argument

and dont overlook what he said
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I already did a lot of same class vs same class. Not now but during my pvp experience. But not on int mage, because i am simply just too beginner. I did savage bear against 3pc savage bear. No chance...2 hits from him i was already at half. And i also did savage dragon ring pally against 3pc savage pally...again no chance. His damage was way too much. I also did 2pc lust against 3pc lust pally. Here i was able to win some fights...on occasion ...but i was never FT10. 3pc pally has a godly nuke. I did 2pc lust vs 3pc savage. This is the most even matchup, except for of course, having exactly the same gear. I also did bird dragon ring against 3pc bird. Here it's actually more equal than in other classes. I was able to win a FT10. But maybe it was my opponent (i've never heard of him before that fight and i've never seen him since), i have no idea. I obviously cannot remember the exact scores, because these happened during my pvp experience. Would you think i'd make a thread about 3pc rings if i hadn't faced them before?

I am fairly sure that every player that has a lot of experience in pvp already knows the truth about these rings. They just choose to look the other way.

I have to edit this post and tell everyone that this is based on my experience. For instance, i heard some bears say that they can beat other 3pc bears. I do not know if its true. But i cant do it. However i've never seen a 2pc pally own another good 3pc pally since i started playing. It just isn't happening.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-19-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

And anyway, why would you like to know 3pc same class against non 3pc same class? I think the results of fighting completely different classes with or without ring is more relevant, no?

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Why hasn't thks thread been locked yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why are you here slash? What added value do you bring? Please take your 3pc bear/pally and post in other threads. K bai! Ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Oh dam, you need to sit down apple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Why are you here slash? What added value do you bring? Please take your 3pc bear/pally and post in other threads. K bai! Ignored.
    Oh dear, someone is getting a tude.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Wut i neva talk smack :'(

Crai er tym
    hai doods

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Liek if yu crai er tyme m8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

What added value do you bring besides complaining about 3pc rings

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Burstnuke For This Useful Post:

Epw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

no hate men (or womon). we is one big hapy PL family!

no cry too i know u is big boy (or gerl).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nun View Post
    no hate men (or womon). we is one big hapy PL family!

no cry too i know u is big boy (or gerl).
    Nope. We got people expressing opinions and we got trolls saying 'its awful' without presenting arguments. But i guess crying 'nerf str set' is easier. Even though, not a single one of these trolls goes into specifics. They just cry nerf str without even presenting an idea, a thought. So yea armor is ignored. For good reason. Btw, if you would look more into it, you would find that the difference in stats between savage and lust set is almost like the difference of wearing 2pc lust vs 3pc lust. Small differences...+16 armor lust vs savage +10 armor lust 2pc vs 3pc. Dodge stays the same. But u get 13 more dps, 2 crit and 5 hit extra.

So yea there u go...oh unless savage is op now too. Crai more 'nerf str sets' please. Maybe do your homework and see what else needs nerf first.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-19-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I learned something else today. If u do this >>> see pic attached <<< forum quality improves. As usual, these guys bring no pertinent opinion as to why my suggestions wouldn't work. And IRandom is there, the l73 bird that wants savage nerfed. Haha! Enjoy your stay all!Attachment 116783
    Lol, so you basically refuse to read anything that does not agree with you? Way to be an immature ignorant person then...

Also, Dolloway and those older players with 2/3pc birds are much more valuable to the community than you are...at least they gave solid reasoning whereas you're just here crying about elite rings having an advantage when you can easily beat any non str 3pc by using a str mage or bear...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Nope. We got people expressing opinions and we got trolls saying 'its awful' without presenting arguments. But i guess crying 'nerf str set' is easier. Even though, not a single one of these trolls goes into specifics. They just cry nerf str without even presenting an idea, a thought. So yea armor is ignored. For good reason. Btw, if you would look more into it, you would find that the difference in stats between savage and lust set is almost like the difference of wearing 2pc lust vs 3pc lust. Small differences...+16 armor lust vs savage +10 armor lust 2pc vs 3pc. Dodge stays the same. But u get 13 more dps, 2 crit and 5 hit extra.

So yea there u go...oh unless savage is op now too. Crai more 'nerf str sets' please. Maybe do your homework and see what else needs nerf first.
    If you need specifics here is dolloway's thread,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...vP-Restoration

and also Whoisthis's thread

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-class-balance

As you can see, they are very extensive and detailed

Also, dolloway was talking about non 3pc ring users compared to 3pc ring users; not 3pc ring users to 2pc ring users. The 2pc and 3pc ring gap does not need any fixing. You on the other hand wanted 2pc rings to equal 3pc rings (in essence) However since dolloway posted otherwise, stating he had the same idea as you before hand is not true and thereby your attempt at throwing him in the same boat fails.

So i am a big believer in the fact that the rings, (especially the 3pc ring), can make or break pvp. I've read a lot of threads about bears being op because of their dodge and armor. Now that i've amassed almost 30k pvp fights, i just wanted to share my thoughts on this. I've read an older thread that just wanted to remove dodge out of the equation. Personally, i do not think dodge or high armor is a problem. Or should i say...that isn't the real problem. Dodge and armor have nothing to do with it, imo. But i have another idea...what if we removed the 3pc ring effects from some classes?

It would go something like this:

1. BIRDS: any bird that has Dragon Ring or 2pc ring should act as a bird that HAS THE 3PC RING ON. Basically if u either spent 200 plat or have reached l77 (which means grabbing 300k xp, which is no easy task), your ring would act like a 3pc ring. I've fought enough birds to come to the conclusion that birds that have 3pc, no matter how bad they are, have a real chance of defeating any class. And they usually do.

2. INT MAGES: similar to birds, int mages that have Drag or 2pc ring should act like they would wear 3pc ring.

3. PALLIES: I think 3pc lust pallies are OP. Pallies that wear lust str set should be limited to the effects of wearing 2 pc ring and savage wearing pallies that have either drag ring or 2pc ring should get the benefit of wearing 3pc ring. This way, the choice is theirs, either have increased armor or increased damage. Both good.

4. BEARS: I think this is the most OP class and they should be hit the hardest. The best ring they could wear is the 10 plat, 2 dodge 10 dmg ring. Possibly, minus the 10 damage part, since their attack debuff is already so powerful.

5. FOX: fox shouldnt be able to equip anything else other than 2 pc ring.

6. RHINO: 3pc ring stats for every 2pc ring or dragon ring that rhyno wears.

Notice that founders helm and egg are completely taken out of the equation. These are just my thoughts bases on my experiences with pvp. But seriously, if this does not fix pvp balance, i don't know what will.
    Last edited by AppleNoob; 01-19-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Firstly, thanks for having an opinion Apple.

But like i said, the difference between lust and savage is basically the difference between 2pc and 3pc. And the difference between 2pc and 3pc...is simply amazing, at least in some classes. Especially in bears and pallies. If the gap between drag ring and 3pc is big (this is what dolloway suggested right?) the gap between 2pc and 3pc is almost the same, if not the exact same. Since 2pc+dragon ring is mostly a 3pc. (3pc still has some extra stats ). I think in many cases, a dragon ring is more useful than a 2pc ring. For instance, on my pally, if i would fight another pally or bear that doesn't have 3pc, i would go for the dragon ring for sure to benefit from the extra crit and damage. Against bird, i would prefer 2pc. But against birds that are not 100% dex, dragon ring is again better imo. Etc...

And i am going to sound like a total douche but...if i would have 3pc on pally, there wouldn't be a 2pc pally in the whole game that would beat me FT10. It isn't possible. That for me is a deal breaker. And so, i do not agree that the difference between 2pc and 3pc is small.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-19-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Firstly, thanks for having an opinion Apple.

But like i said, the difference between lust and savage is basically the difference between 2pc and 3pc. And the difference between 2pc and 3pc...is simply amazing, at least in some classes. Especially in bears and pallies. If the gap between drag ring and 3pc is big (this is what dolloway suggested right?) the gap between 2pc and 3pc is almost the same, if not the exact same. Since 2pc+dragon ring is mostly a 3pc. (3pc still has some extra stats ). I think in many cases, a dragon ring is more useful than a 2pc ring. For instance, on my pally, if i would fight another pally or bear that doesn't have 3pc, i would go for the dragon ring for sure to benefit from the extra crit and damage. Against bird, i would prefer 2pc. But against birds that are not 100% dex, dragon ring is again better imo. Etc...

And i am going to sound like a total douche but...if i would have 3pc on pally, there wouldn't be a 2pc pally in the whole game that would beat me FT10. It isn't possible. That for me is a deal breaker. And so, i do not agree that the difference between 2pc and 3pc is small.
    Hwoever, you can't use dolloway's thread/reform wit out using the other otherwise you just agree with things that you want to work for your argument. Dolloway never argued about the 2pc 3pc gap, he argued about the 3pc non 3pc gap, thereby acknowledging the gap is small for 2pc and 3pc. Apparently, by your standards 2pc 3pc gap is close to or equal to dragon + 3pc gap thereby since 2pc and 3pc gap is small (which is confirmed by dolloway not asking for reform on it) then the gap between 3pc and dragon ring is equally small (by your standards)

This is not my opinion however, I am just stating information that disagrees. with your idea.

THIS is my opinion however; if you are tired of the "opness" of the 3pc, then go to another level that does not involve elite rings.
    Last edited by AppleNoob; 01-19-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post

THIS is my opinion however; if you are tired of the "opness" of the 3pc, then go to another level that does not involve elite rings.
    This is actually a great idea and i haven't even considered this. What would be the immediate next level, excluding end game, that doesnt need 3pc? Thanks!

And thanks for the infraction as well. I will cherish it in my heart forever. Apparently, people can say whatever they want to me, i can't even respond to them in a way that is allowed by all the chats in this world. I feel like Jesus right now...Hope i haven't offended anyone by saying this.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-19-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

This is actually a great idea and i haven't even considered this. What would be the immediate next level, excluding end game, that doesnt need 3pc? Thanks!

And thanks for the infraction as well. I will cherish it in my heart forever.
    Quickest level to get to is level 1. Quickest level to get to and most active level would be level 15 through 20.

If you mean close to endgame go 51, 56, 61, 66, and
    possibly 71. There will be some people who will have glitched 3pc but they are few and mostly inactive.
    Last edited by AppleNoob; 01-19-2015 at 08:53 PM.