Thread: Enchanted MMG staff set vs. MMG staff set and Shadow set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Enchanted MMG staff set vs. MMG staff set and Shadow set

i got full MMG staff set in my bag , from lvl54 to push me lvl up faster ......

last week i become a lvl55 mage ,its my 1st lvl55 character

1st thing i do is replace my shadow set with MMG staff , become most powerful mage once again

shadow glow stick set , one of the best for lvl50s ,also most balance set for mage in game so far .

MMG staff set cost me more then 1.2M gold , but that is fine , it is much more power
    then shadow glow stick set , 2h staff always do more DMG ,but MMG set got good armor , less hit% and crit% , high weapon DMG cove up the low crit% ,and my Dex make up the lost hit% as will

Right after i put on my MMG set , i got a enchanted MMG staff Recipe , i did save up mats from daily quest (thanks for Physiologic ' craft guide ) , i craft it ASAP and i
    find myself lost the MMG set bonuses ...... my bad .....

i go back to read Physiologic ' craft guide one more time , find out i need complete Enchanted set to get set bonuses ,also i note that when you craft lv 55 pinks, you are SACRIFICING one attribute on your old pink and REPLACING it with a new attribute on your new pink. You not only gain when you craft a lv 55 pink, but you lose something as well. What's lost and gained is different between the dex, str, and int gears: (thanks for Physiologic again )

as you can see , Enchanted MMG staff set is sacrificing M/s to gain H/s , as a healing class also big aoe dmg class H/s not rly help much , but still nice , low M/s make me need to use mana potion some time in the boss fight (not that bad ,not like my hunter need too use mana potion like it's free , if with noob mage or tank i need use lots health potion too )

Enchanted MMG set get few more DMG too , few more int and 2% crit , but cost tons of mats , and for ppl like me don't want wait for drop it's a big cost on Recipe too , is
    that rly worth it ??? 

btw i sold my glow stick set make about 1.5M (buy in @ about 700k) ,use to buy all the recipe ,also push my hunter to done all the per quest for all the daily to help on the mats , complete enchanted MMG staff set today (about a week after i wear MMG set).

Thanks for Physiologic's all the guides !!! , and all the nice player in PL ,without you i can done nothing and i am no one ...... and please keep the nice work
    also help my hunter and my bear when you see them please . thx all

here is my bird

and my bear
    Mofajingling (lvl56 Cat) <lvl10 Engineer>; Deadorlive (lvl55 Bird) <lvl5 Operative>; Herozheng (lvl55 Bear)<lvl 1 Commando>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

There are fans on both sides of the fence (mm vs ench), but I am an enchanted fan. A full int enchanted staff mage (me) has 30 h/s and 18 m/s. That's enough h/s to light tank, and enough m/s for any reasonable spellcasting. You only need pots with kana shield, but you use less overall and it's better than being dead.

The enchanted wand/bracer combo, which I have had for a few days, is even better. It's practically like being
    a paladin with Mage gear. I still prefer my staff overall, but nothing beats enchanted in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I personally believe shadow set to be inferior to all BS sets including the greens/oranges/purples combo. As for BS sets, it's a matter of preference and play style that determines which set is bet for you.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

MM Wand still dominates since theres more armor. I wish they would add Ench Wand Bonus...but alas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It took me ages to load this page, can you make the images poorer quality maybe or alot smaller?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mothwing View Post
    MM Wand still dominates since theres more armor. I wish they would add Ench Wand Bonus...but alas
    Not sure what you mean here. The enchanted wand / bracer set has +2 Dodge, +4 H/s, +4 M/s, +6 armor bonus. My pure int mage has 136 armor with it, and to top it off, 38 h/s and 13 m/s. It's amazing. I would take it over MM anyday. The only weakness I see is you might run out of mana in pvp. Personally, I'd rather run out of mana 9 times out of 10 than hit points... actually, make that 10 times out of 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mothwing View Post
    Nah. Staff is so much better... with the wand I feel as if I'm doing the damage of a pally, with the staff, like a pure.

I die way more with wands... with the staff I can destroy them before they get to attack me, with the wand I'll get them to 1/3 hp then get destroyed.