Thread: Keeping Mana levels up without constant potting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Keeping Mana levels up without constant potting

At some stage, it was suggested to me I buy a 'Haunted Ring of Force' as it would help with Mana. Best advice ever! I don't need to pot mana very often anymore. However the rest of the ring specs aren't super, and I'd quite like to upgrade to something else. But is there anything else I can do that will match the m/s of the haunted ring of force? Doesn't have to be a ring, but I'd like something that does the same job.

On a side note, what does m/s stand for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zestee View Post
    At some stage, it was suggested to me I buy a 'Haunted Ring of Force' as it would help with Mana. Best advice ever! I don't need to pot mana very often anymore. However the rest of the ring specs aren't super, and I'd quite like to upgrade to something else. But is there anything else I can do that will match the m/s of the haunted ring of force? Doesn't have to be a ring, but I'd like something that does the same job.

On a side note, what does m/s stand for?
    There's no other gear that offers mana regeneration of this level since devs are afraid of a repetition of what happened in a previous game, pocket legends, where HP/mana regen were reaching crazy high levels (you could just back off from a mob for a few seconds and your HP would fill up from 40-50% to 100%).

BUT, in AL they put these regens in useless armor and pets which no sane person would ever combine unless all you want to do is run brackenridge and story quests without using pots. Plus, when you take damage in AL now there's this new awesome system that halves your HP/MP regeneration as long as you're in combat stance after taking damage.

TL; DR: Mana and HP regen system is currently a fail. M/s = mana per second. There's no other gear combination to reach 20 m/s or even close to that without being pointed and laughed at in public every time you go to a town because of the rest of the stats that come with those few items/pets that offer HP/mana regen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Plus, when you take damage in AL now there's this new awesome system that halves your HP/MP regeneration as long as you're in combat stance after taking damage.

TL; DR: Mana and HP regen system is currently a fail. M/s = mana per second. There's no other gear combination to reach 20 m/s or even close to that without being pointed and laughed at in public every time you go to a town because of the rest of the stats that come with those few items/pets that offer HP/mana regen.
    I just ran off to test, took some damage in a tomb, then tried to hold a combat stance... Lol... Fail... But are you saying it's supposed to work but doesn't, or am I completely misunderstanding?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zestee View Post
    I just ran off to test, took some damage in a tomb, then tried to hold a combat stance... Lol... Fail... But are you saying it's supposed to work but doesn't, or am I completely misunderstanding?
    You missed the sarcasm haha. When you take damage your HP/MP regen actually drop until you're out of the fight. Try shooting a few skills until your mana is around 50% without an enemy around and see how long it takes for it to replenish. Repeat the process but this time go stand next to level mob that can barely deal damage to you. You'll notice the regeneration rate is much much slower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    You missed the sarcasm haha. When you take damage your HP/MP regen actually drop until you're out of the fight. Try shooting a few skills until your mana is around 50% without an enemy around and see how long it takes for it to replenish. Repeat the process but this time go stand next to level mob that can barely deal damage to you. You'll notice the regeneration rate is much much slower.
    lol, sarcasm doesn't register within my first half hour of waking, sorry :-P OK, I'll stick with my haunted ring. I've had it upgrading all weekend (trying to get the grand gems on double grand weekend), and boy oh boy I miss it! Mind you I'm also without all my other gear too so that could have something to do with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Maybe instead of mana regen gear, which as Mad said, "sucks in all kinds of ways", you should try a pet with mana regen passive or mana regen AA like Dovabear, or you could get some gear like a Lunar pendant that will increase your mana stat solidly, also Tarlok wind gems will help you get mana levels up too!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Haunted ring combined with flapjack works but the best mana healer in game is jack. Using him gives warriors and rogues unlimited mana with his aa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much bout mana regen. As long as you have decent mana pool around 1200 or so as rogue + sufficient income for pots your good. However I suggest picking up pets if you want to conserve a few. These pets are flapjack, jack, valkin, breezaga. Sure theres more but those are best. Gl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

One word: Potions.
    Available at one for 9 gold and gives way more instantaneous results so you won't have to back off from mobs and wait for them to despawn before getting the minuscule mana regen
    Get a better ring than Haunted Ring and the stat bonuses it give would overshadow that ring by miles and beyond!
    Good luck :3

Check out our Youtube Channel in my sigpic and our guild thread here!
    Til It's Gone... [RETIRED]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Really wish I could afford one of those rings lmao I have so many mana problems on my rogue

mesalin

u cant buyeq with mana regen but u can buy pet with mana regen thingabout it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Well I'm trying to play rogue, emphasis on the word trying lol. Mana just drains away like water in a leaky bucket.