Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How do we know that it's a "x2" weekend etc!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwsome View Post
    I didn't call them liars. Not once did I say "sts are lying to us". I did say that they have lied to us but I have never directed the words liar at them.
    Look you guys are getting off topic. All I want is sts to help us understand how the x2 odds change. Maybe they can't and we will never know. But surely there will be a way they can explain it to us without revealing what the odd actually are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They didn't lie. It was a mistake.
    you didn't call them lier but you are keep saying they lied they lied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

There is no way to prove a luck.
    50 out of 100 people can get lucky when the luck is increased it is not necessary now 70 people Have to be lucky!!
    Luck don't work that way!
    And why are people comparing event lockeds with normal lockeds?
    Yes both event locked and a normal locked in 2x weekend has 2x chance to loot myth but we also have to consider normal locked's loot table has more other stuffs than the event lockeds have.

Either way, lockeds are great way to destroy plats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

What id like is an explanation of how to odds work, not the rate but how it actually works, for example do we all actually have our own individual luck, by this I mean when we reroll for items whilst farming thats our own individual luck, nothing that anyone else loots can effect what we get,( excluding items such as the planar pendant). Or is this whole game/ system, for example every certain amount of crates opened on a whole a arcane drops or mythic drops or every time the system decides to drop a arcane the next person to open a crate gets it, in my opinion I think it must work in a way simular to this, which sort of gives everyone an equal chance to get "lucky", but I don't think we have our own individual luck, where no matter how many crates are opened or how many arcanes are looted that it wont effect the way out luck turns out, because it will.

In a sense there is actually no such thing as luck when it comes to crates loot or anything, its about timing... happening to open that chest at a specific moment, or happening to be at the end of arena run at a specific moment, but I suppose by most its what would be interpreted as getting " lucky", however getting lucky is based on many other factors its not really random.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 01-19-2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: drinking wine doesn't help typing skills ^^.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Nerfing the pendant recipe was a mistake? That's what I meant when I said they lied to us. Never did I mention anything about the time they forgot to put the locks to x2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Nerfing the pendant recipe was a mistake? That's what I meant when I said they lied to us. Never did I mention anything about the time they forgot to put the locks to x2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwsome View Post
    Nerfing the pendant recipe was a mistake? That's what I meant when I said they lied to us. Never did I mention anything about the time they forgot to put the locks to x2.

Now you are saying they lied then again you say you never ever ever called them lier. Then again you accuse them of lieing.
    Anyway,
    " Never did I mention anything about the time they forgot to put the locks to x2. "
    Then why do you need evidence on the double myth chance weekend if it's not a trust issue.
    Forget it, Take care man. Iam off to bed. Iam done with arguing. It will take us nowhere.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Spacetime Studios Dev null_void's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    What id like is an explanation of how to odds work, not the rate but how it actually works, for example do we all actually have our own individual luck, by this I mean when we reroll for items whilst farming thats our own individual luck, nothing that anyone else loots can effect what we get,( excluding items such as the planar pendant). Or is this whole game/ system, for example every certain amount of crates opened on a whole a arcane drops or mythic drops or every time the system decides to drop a arcane the next person to open a crate gets it, in my opinion I think it must work in a way simular to this, which sort of gives everyone an equal chance to get "lucky", but I don't think we have our own individual luck, where no matter how many crates are opened or how many arcanes are looted that it wont effect the way out luck turns out, because it will.

In a sense there is actually no such thing as luck when it comes to crates loot or anything, its about timing... happening to open that chest at a specific moment, or happening to be at the end of arena run at a specific moment, but I suppose by most its what would be interpreted as getting " lucky", however getting lucky is based on many other factors its not really random.
    In the case of a gem turning into a super gem, what happens is that when you start the upgrade process, the server stores off in the database which item and which gem item you've used to initiate the upgrade and at what time it started. After the necessary elapsed time, the player can initiate the retrieval of their newly upgraded item, and it's at this point that the server looks up which gem they were using to upgrade their item. The server then picks a pseudo-random number from a global random number generator (so it's not player-specific), and then compares it to the threshold for supergem generation (defined in server-side data). If the threshold is met, a supergem is created in the indicated slot. Otherwise it results in a normal gem.

Does that answer your question, or did I misunderstand?
    Last edited by null_void; 01-19-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to null_void For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

On avg I got 1/2 out of 25 crafts , this has probably been worst double odds I've seen to date as previously avg was 3/4 out of 25 crafts. Gg

"Winter is Coming" :O

11. The Following User Says Thank You to famousfame For This Useful Post: