Thread: Hi! Fairly New and a few questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi! Fairly New and a few questions.

I picked up PL a few weeks ago and have been playing it off and on ever since. I have been playing MMOs since back in 1997 when Ultima Online first went live. I've been leveling a tank bear and I hit a wall at level 20, I just feel like I don't enjoy leveling as much as I have been previously. I could just be having bad luck with parties, but it just feels like everything is going so slow suddenly. My question is; is the class just not suiting my play style or am I just in a rough spot? I know this is mostly opinion-based, just looking for some feedback. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by vsanthos; 03-02-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Hi and welcome to the game.

i dont know if you started before 1.7 came out as leveling is now longer than it used to be.
    but try to keep at it theres alot to do and see yet so hang in there. the groups that you join will effect the pace of your leveling but if you use the water elixer it boosts xp X3 for 5 minutes that will speed things up a bit. theres also lower priced elixers too that are cheaper like power levelers and hardcore players but they are lower xp gain. just keep going through your quests youll soon level up. if you need to know more look me up my igns are in my sig im glad to help.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well you can always try a new class. Bears can be slow to level up but a lot of fun to play. Enchantress (my fav) is a very fun class since you have all good damage, healing and lots and lots of AOE damage. Archers are the nukers of the game you won't see it at the early levels but at high levels they are the hard hitters of the game. Try to get friends that have the same schedule as you and that you enjoy playing with. After level 30ish you will find more experienced players that you can play with.

If you like MMOs don't give up yet because you will love this game.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

XP is gained same in a group, its not like the kill counter wich is personal. when ur group is faster to clear a map, u gain faster xp to.
    conclusion: it doesnt matter wich class u are when ur group sucks

to find out with wich class u have more fun u must tryout all three ones...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You can have two characters per account w/o making any additional purchase. I would try out a different character or two and see if you like another class better. Since leveling in Forest Haven is pretty fast, you can try a character, delete and try again to see how it plays.

As with any MMO, it will the other online players that make the game worth the investment. So while you're leveling, your main goal should be to find people you can play with. That means, if you like players in a group, you friend them. Playing in a group with people you know, even if it's people you know from just 1 or 2 other sessions, feels quite different than playing with all strangers. Not that strangers are bad, but for some reason, people joke more if they think they know you just a little bit. And knowing you liked playing with people before makes you more relaxed as well. So it's a lot more fun, which of course, then makes the game much more fun.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

welcome...im still pretty much a n00b still in this game atleast, just started prolly lil over a month play when i can, its been a blast i'll say that much though, didn't think id ever see the day i was playin a MMO from a iphone haha. I also came/play from UO...y i haven't shut down the account i don't know, anyways just wanted to say hi!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    XP is gained same in a group, its not like the kill counter wich is personal. when ur group is faster to clear a map, u gain faster xp to.
    conclusion: it doesnt matter wich class u are when ur group sucks

to find out with wich class u have more fun u must tryout all three ones...

You actually get more xp in a group, there is a Xp bonus you get from being in a group, this encourages players to work together and help each other out in maps

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wrap View Post
    You actually get more xp in a group, there is a Xp bonus you get from being in a group, this encourages players to work together and help each other out in maps
    a full house gives a big boost
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wrap View Post
    didnt know that! must the party be full? how much is this boost in numbers?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I've heard full group and you get 1.3x normal xp. I love how fast you level in a big group. Not to mention much more fun.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spent some more time questing yesterday. I definitely enjoyed it a lot more when I was in a large group. The only annoyance right now is how repetitve the last few quests of balefort castle are. But, thanks to the encouragement to keep trucking ,I have. I have really enjoyed it today.
    Last edited by vsanthos; 03-03-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    You can have two characters per account w/o making any additional purchase. I would try out a different character or two and see if you like another class better. Since leveling in Forest Haven is pretty fast, you can try a character, delete and try again to see how it plays.
    I thought it was 3 per account. I know I have one of each and I'm pretty sure I didn't use plat for the 3rd one. Anyway, my bear is my lowest one, I guess because I didn't find it as much fun as the other two. It seems to all balance out though because I don't know how many times I've been in a party of all bears + me. Feel free to add me too, I've been focusing on my enchanter Nasoji lately.

Good to know about the XP bonus in groups. I find that with groups I'm already levelling faster than the assumed questing pace. In other words, I'm doing quests in dungeons at the lowest possible level and so all the gear that drops is way beyond my level to use. That's kind of a bummer. I guess now that I have the quests mostly done I should get a potion to kick it up a notch and speed to lvl 40.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue