Thread: Need LvL 55 Talon/Wing Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Need LvL 55 Talon/Wing Build

Hey,

I'm looking for a good setup for Lvl 55 Gear with a Talon/Wing set. So far I'm having a hard time finding a setup that's better then the Death (w/ bonus). Anybody find a setup where you have sufficient mana without having to spam pots, armor better then Death, and better then Death.

Kraz

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

That's because the Sentinel Death set IS much better than any of the lv 55 combination. It wasn't before, but with the addition of the set bonuses the Death set does give the best armor, crit, and balanced H/s and M/s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If history tells us anything, there will be set bonuses for the level 55 pinks coming shortly...
    Star Legends: Addicted, AddictedTank, AddictedEngi | Pocket Legends: AddictedElf, AddictedBird, AddictedBear | Arcane Legends: AddictedMage, AddictedRogue, AddictedTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    That's because the Sentinel Death set IS much better than any of the lv 55 combination. It wasn't before, but with the addition of the set bonuses the Death set does give the best armor, crit, and balanced H/s and M/s.
    Thanks for confirming this. I've been playing around with different setups for awhile can't find anything. Seems like best option is to run through level with Hate gear (for surviviability and mana), then switch to recurve setup for boss. What's your recommended setup for boss. My guess is maximize the critical? In that case, use raid which I don't have, so Bagmans or Underlings next? What about Henchman's and all that added damage?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    If history tells us anything, there will be set bonuses for the level 55 pinks coming shortly...
    If history tells us anything, there will be new set bonuses when the level cap is increased again and I would have already sold my sets, not realizing that they would ever get bonuses. Sigh!
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Henchman's has lousy crit, so don't be fooled by that DPS score...I mean, it'll still do solid damage overall, but a higher crit set that has a little less damage will be more effective at boss-killin', I think. I don't have the stats in front of me and too lazy to look through Physiologic's excellent gear guide, but look for crit when dealing with bosses....that is one way to look at it. Others do it differently than that and make it work too.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Thanks for confirming this. I've been playing around with different setups for awhile can't find anything. Seems like best option is to run through level with Hate gear (for surviviability and mana), then switch to recurve setup for boss. What's your recommended setup for boss. My guess is maximize the critical? In that case, use raid which I don't have, so Bagmans or Underlings next? What about Henchman's and all that added damage?
    Hate gear? Are you a warbird? I USED to do Sentinel Shotgun set or a Bagman's recurve with Sentinel armor/helm because it was very balanced for mobs (more dodge, h/s, m/s), and loaded out to full Bagman's set (almost equivalent to Raid Roach) for bosses. Now that I'm used to surviving well, I just use DEX Crown of Persistence and Bagman's recurve/armor for all mobs and bosses.

I personally love doing massive damage over anything else so it's up to you - if you feel you need the h/s and m/s just use a combination of Sentinel and lv 55 non-pink/pink gear. As Moog said, Henchman does do a ton of damage but there's no crit whatsoever, though it does have 18 more armor than Bagman/Underling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been playing around with different combinations. To survive the fire traps I use Underling helm, Drainers leather, Drainers talon or dagger whatever it is called and sentinel shield/ wing. Bosses I just equip underlings recurve. For the talon combo I get 22 critical 22 Dodge h/s is 18 and m/s 6 dps 260 and armor 134. Buffed (evasion and focus) critical and Dodge 52 each armor is 140. Its great for solo and normal mobs. If I put the bow on than critical is 32 Dodge 13 m/s is 9 and armor 98. Buffed critical Is 55 Dodge is 43 armor jumps to 100. So far this combo is the best for my style of play. I take too many chances as an archer some teams so timid I end up as point man instead of behind sniping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When I run the sewers, I just make sure I'm full HP when I'm anywhere near the grates. Sometimes other players or lag make things complicated. Even when you're already a few steps away from them, you'll suddenly notice you're blown off to the wall.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jlacosta View Post
    When I run the sewers, I just make sure I'm full HP when I'm anywhere near the grates. Sometimes other players or lag make things complicated. Even when you're already a few steps away from them, you'll suddenly notice you're blown off to the wall.
    Funny thing. Yesterday, I was in the swill pitz I think, and I was in between 2 grates. Wanted to wait it off, since they started firing, and at range, shouldn't have done any damage, or little damage. I had a full bar, but to my surprise, I was 1-hit KO'd.
    I don't recall being hit with any mob for -armor. Puzzling.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adwin View Post
    Funny thing. Yesterday, I was in the swill pitz I think, and I was in between 2 grates. Wanted to wait it off, since they started firing, and at range, shouldn't have done any damage, or little damage. I had a full bar, but to my surprise, I was 1-hit KO'd.
    I don't recall being hit with any mob for -armor. Puzzling.
    I've done a rough calculation of maximum grate explosion damage.

The most damage I've seen from a sewer grate was 609 damage critical (and yes I died from it ). Since crit = 2x normal damage, the grate did a 304 normal damage. Wearing 99 armor at the time, that gives the grate dished out maximum 403 zero-armor normal damage. So even if you had 140 armor, you could still possibly die from a grate explosion, given it does near its maximum zero-armor damage and crits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    yep i tryed out too, mixed some lvl 55, but thers no way, sentiel talon set is better and i always use it for clearing in BS
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I remember myself flying really far. Felt like I got knock-backed by 3 bears.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends