Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nekro Changes Discussion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I don't know how u guys even call this a buff with those proposed happiness bonus. Basically it's another nerf to the worst stat. So let's see it this way current (bad) - -> proposed to be weak (worse)
    Clearly For each class,
    Warrior= will gain 5 str but will lose 5 dex and 5 int (mana)
    Rogue= gain 5 dex but will lose 5str(hp) and 5 int(mana)
    Sorc = gains 5 int but will lose 5 str (hp) and 5 dex

So basically what we looking is a pet which is fully dependent upon arcane ability? And when ability gone we r a piece of toast?? If possible re egg my nekro n take my egg back for half of the price I spent on it. The pet is already bad why u want to make it more useless? The pet got nothing comparison to current singe.
    Happiness bonus< singe bonus.
    Arcane ability < singe ability (15 stat) n stun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Since Nekro is going to be focused on the defense in PVP, should it get the ultimate AA skill panic recovery along with other buffing. This will surely get people interest.

And for Maridos, please make his passive attack cover large area. Seem like, in current form, he will not be very good for PVE mobs. And 15% armor reduction is not useful enough.

I maybe incorrect but if the damage and healing pool of SnS is stacking, should the stacking be change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Possibly, but I believe the calls for a buff on Nekro are directly related to him being a bit more expensive ad harder to obtain due to crafting. They are both arcane pets, however Nekro is the harder to obtain of the two.

Good feedback so far, I'm reading it all thanks!
    Scorch isn't arcane -,-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Huh?....this is an over buff...cutt8n down the CD by nearly half? OMGGG....so i guess nekro users vs sns will be equal pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew to break that shield.

Hey! We have scorch too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

As long as nekro wont provide +stats with AA then the buff looks good. +30 prim stat is crazy and im suggesting his mana regen stays the same! A dmg crit and mana regen on a arcane pet will be too OP so the current mana regen should be "suffecient".
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to intrude but I want to Make a thread stating that im [S]>> lvl 3 and lvl 6 para/perfect dev maul! Pm!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montee Cosby View Post
    Sorry to intrude but I want to Make a thread stating that im [S]>> lvl 3 and lvl 6 para/perfect dev maul! Pm!
    Then you make a thread in the traders market section.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Singe will still wreck nekro squishy users
    Singe should have had Nekro stats
    And NEKRO should have had singee's buff instead any day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    As long as nekro wont provide +stats with AA then the buff looks good. +30 prim stat is crazy and im suggesting his mana regen stays the same! A dmg crit and mana regen on a arcane pet will be too OP so the current mana regen should be "suffecient".
    Well you'd appreciate those "too OP" stats when you come across a team of sns users. In fact just me using sns on a full team gives them a hella advantage when those pools drop. Also its not uncommon to see 2-3 sns users on the same team. I've been with twox and rage on he same team before actually more then once. 3 sns users against even a full team of singe and sam users?.. Yeah right. And I assume you are referring to PvP because a too OP pet in pve is just ridiculous. Everyone can angle differently with opinion what with endgame and twinking BUT the majority here will be endgame. Only a handful of sns users in the twink bracket.
    Last edited by Pyrogenie; 01-21-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As many others have said before me. Please, do not look at pets from a personal level. Just because a pet might have outdated or supersede existing pets doesn't mean it should be nerfed. The current arcane pets, including Shady and Surge, have spent quite a large amount of time as king pets. The ideas generated with personal game do not generally contribute to the health of the game. Before starting, I would just like to say one thing: I am a Shady & Surge user.

Now, that being said. I do not think Shady & Surge deserves to be weakened. Previously, the pet was not worth the price the LB runners forced people to pay. Now, with current happiness bonus, it is! However, I do think there should be a pet that is comparable to SnS. As of right now, there's no pet like that which is an issue!

I am not saying that this pet has to be Nekro. Nekro, in my mind, has already received a good buff as it is. The 30% speed buff should not be underestimated. Keep in mind that Nekro's AA prior buff slows enemies and that will still exist after buff. So, on top of slowing down enemies, you and your allies are gaining 30% speed. What does that mean? You'll be moving 50-60% faster than your enemies which is a godsend for rogues who can swoop in and snipe their enemies. Keep in mind, I am a Nekro user as well. I would've appreciated a 15% damage boost as opposed to the existing 12% damage boost but I am okay with the fact that they did not. The AA is now something worth tapping and I am happy with that!

However, if the SnS equal is not going to be Nekro, then it should at least be Maridom. Give a happiness bonus as good as Shady & Surge, please! Shady & Surge has a good AA and good happiness bonus. However, since they're limited, I can only use the one that I have on rogue. I'd like to have an equal pet to use on alternative characters. It's a win-win for everyone, including the existing Shady & Surge users.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-21-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ok let's say,

Singe gets nekro current stat or proposed whatever it is and nekro gets the one singe has.

Now the question to all the nekro and singe owners out there, will u gonna swap up the stats n everything completely?

Answer will be as follows:
    Nekro owners: hell yes
    Singe owners: there's no way in the world possible ( cuz they know nekro sucks )

And look at the price range singe (14m) and nekro (35-45m)
    Do u still think there is going to be fair play?
    U can't just rely on arcane ability of a pet. Lowering down secondary stat will lower down other points too. For singe the buff of 15 stat overcomes any secondary stat lowered down. But for nekro which doesn't have any such stat buff will make toon weak. I'm a Mage if I get proposed nekro I will be losing 5 hp and 5 dex. Just simply put urslf into all class. Do u even think it comes close to sns? No freeking way and will never does.
    It doesn't even comes close to singe. Shady and surge and now maridos r too far ahead from nekro league.

Honestly I see this so called buff is another nerf on stats. U have to take into consideration that the pet users r not only endgame players like us but twinks as well. For twinks lowering every stat will make them weaker.

If sts is thinking they doing right then let me remind u it's NOT ENOUGH. And I'm asking STS I DONT NEED BUFF. Simply refund my gold. I will go buy something else.
    Thank u.
    Last edited by davidvilla; 01-21-2015 at 11:00 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidvilla For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Like seriously, devs team doesn't have problem on these followings:
    - goblin ring level 2 proc of 25 primary stat, 6.15%, 4.57 % crit and 71 armor
    Do u guys have any idea what u guys did with low level twink? Made immortal toons. N u guys dnt have any problem for 25stat proc for such low levels.
    - wild talisman amulet proc 25 stat ( no problem for this as well)
    - weapons proc massive stats (sceptre, storm sword, ....)

Basically those massive stat proc won't values much but when it comes down to buff pet like 5/10 stat or few damage there will be a massive debate/ drama. Common guys try to be fair to some context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

This buff will be worth it, it's a huge change to Nekro's current AA and happiness bonus. In my opinion it should be close to Maridom, which will be after the buff, I guess. Thanks STS.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konviict View Post
    This buff will be worth it, it's a huge change to Nekro's current AA and happiness bonus. In my opinion it should be close to Maridom, which will be after the buff, I guess. Thanks STS.
    Close to maridom? U must be joking right?
    Proposed nekro gains 5 primary stat with a loss of 10 secondary stat and u call it as a huge change? Yea huge change lowering down more than it is at the time.
    And talking about the arcane ability, how long it's gonna last for? Few seconds may be, then what's after that? U will be taking massive damage again cuz ur stat r lowered down.
    Scroll up the maridos and nekro comparison, the happiness bonus, ability buff is pretty clear there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Close to maridom? U must be joking right?
    Proposed nekro gains 5 primary stat with a loss of 10 secondary stat and u call it as a huge change? Yea huge change lowering down more than it is at the time.
    And talking about the arcane ability, how long it's gonna last for? Few seconds may be, then what's after that? U will be taking massive damage again cuz ur stat r lowered down.
    Scroll up the maridos and nekro comparison, the happiness bonus, ability buff is pretty clear there.
    Don't only look to it's happiness bonus, there are many factors playing a role of a pet.
    First of all lowering the CD of the AA from 40 seconds to 26 seconds? He gets 15% Damage, little faster attack rate, a speed buff in it's AA. Keep in mind that Nekro still can terrify, which is OP in guild wars + it has a stat buff + shield + speed. What else do you want more?

You can't just compare every pet to ONE specific, every pet is used in different situations. Pets need to stay unique, you know?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Konviict For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Don't only look to it's happiness bonus, there are many factors playing a role of a pet.
    First of all lowering the CD of the AA from 40 seconds to 26 seconds? He gets 15% Damage, little faster attack rate, a speed buff in it's AA. Keep in mind that Nekro still can terrify, which is OP in guild wars + it has a stat buff + shield + speed. What else do you want more?

You can't just compare every pet to ONE specific, every pet is used in different situations. Pets need to stay unique, you know?
    First of all, it's pet who gets 15 per more damage not the player.
    Second, Nekro barely terrifies at pvp. I'm the owner of the pet and I know it's rare as heraldic.
    Third, there is NO STAT BUFF anywhere.
    Fourth, speed doesn't make much sense to some class where gale force has speed on it and pierce itself is a form of speed.
    Fifth, shield lasts just few seconds and after that u r clearly a toast cuz ur secondary stat been lowered down and nekro doesn't have hp boost like singe, maridos does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    As many others have said before me. Please, do not look at pets from a personal level. Just because a pet might have outdated or supersede existing pets doesn't mean it should be nerfed. The current arcane pets, including Shady and Surge, have spent quite a large amount of time as king pets. The ideas generated with personal game do not generally contribute to the health of the game. Before starting, I would just like to say one thing: I am a Shady & Surge user.

Now, that being said. I do not think Shady & Surge deserves to be weakened. Previously, the pet was not worth the price the LB runners forced people to pay. Now, with current happiness bonus, it is! However, I do think there should be a pet that is comparable to SnS. As of right now, there's no pet like that which is an issue!

I am not saying that this pet has to be Nekro. Nekro, in my mind, has already received a good buff as it is. The 30% speed buff should not be underestimated. Keep in mind that Nekro's AA prior buff slows enemies and that will still exist after buff. So, on top of slowing down enemies, you and your allies are gaining 30% speed. What does that mean? You'll be moving 50-60% faster than your enemies which is a godsend for rogues who can swoop in and snipe their enemies. Keep in mind, I am a Nekro user as well. I would've appreciated a 15% damage boost as opposed to the existing 12% damage boost but I am okay with the fact that they did not. The AA is now something worth tapping and I am happy with that!

However, if the SnS equal is not going to be Nekro, then it should at least be Maridom. Give a happiness bonus as good as Shady & Surge, please! Shady & Surge has a good AA and good happiness bonus. However, since they're limited, I can only use the one that I have on rogue. I'd like to have an equal pet to use on alternative characters. It's a win-win for everyone, including the existing Shady & Surge users.
    I agree if I don't get either nekro or this new pet with 15 percent damage and 12 percent or more crit, ill be throughly disappointed. However it should be nekro receiving a crit and damage gain as the new pet has crit as a buff , so I don't think a crit boost would work a damage increase on the new pet would work well though of it could also receive 15 percentage damage like sns
    Last edited by lethaljade; 01-21-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    First of all, it's pet who gets 15 per more damage not the player.
    Second, Nekro barely terrifies at pvp. I'm the owner of the pet and I know it's rare as heraldic.
    Third, there is NO STAT BUFF anywhere.
    Fourth, speed doesn't make much sense to some class where gale force has speed on it and pierce itself is a form of speed.
    Fifth, shield lasts just few seconds and after that u r clearly a toast cuz ur secondary stat been lowered down and nekro doesn't have hp boost like singe, maridos does.
    I thought that the Dragon Scale (the shield of Nekro you get when you active the AA) gives you stat bonus also? Maybe it might be the older version of it's AA before the actually nerf. My bad.
    Anyway, it does panic, says it has a HIGH chance to panic.

AA: Releases undead energy that slows and has a 40% chance to cause panic. Small chance to banish. Also applies Dragon Scales.

Besides that, you can't just say speed doesn't make much sense just because some users are using gale/pierce. That's the same way of saying Sam's passive is no use because we have horn/ health in pierce/ packs etc. The speed boost might be a good way to prevent/get out of SNS' pools or perhaps if you are a good tactical PvP player and you know how to play (talking when in a guildwar); Sam's AA -> Terrify enemy -> Nekro's AA (Speed) -> Snipe enemy -> Dead.

About the shield, I have to admit that it isn't that good, but buffing the shield will cause it to be an arcane shield (like sorcerer's) which would be overpowered in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So basicly.......nekro new stats still weak against 15-17m of singe....i mean +10 all stat +30primary stats... against +30primary stats +12all stats from singe.......lol now even with the +10crit% of nekros talking about new enchanted eyes gem who gives .57% crit in low lvl rogue singe still singe wons against nekros users even with new stats common sts i think u can get better ideas.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I thought that the Dragon Scale (the shield of Nekro you get when you active the AA) gives you stat bonus also? Maybe it might be the older version of it's AA before the actually nerf. My bad.
    Anyway, it does panic, says it has a HIGH chance to panic.

AA: Releases undead energy that slows and has a 40% chance to cause panic. Small chance to banish. Also applies Dragon Scales.

Besides that, you can't just say speed doesn't make much sense just because some users are using gale/pierce. That's the same way of saying Sam's passive is no use because we have horn/ health in pierce/ packs etc. The speed boost might be a good way to prevent/get out of SNS' pools or perhaps if you are a good tactical PvP player and you know how to play (talking when in a guildwar); Sam's AA -> Terrify enemy -> Nekro's AA (Speed) -> Snipe enemy -> Dead.

About the shield, I have to admit that it isn't that good, but buffing the shield will cause it to be an arcane shield (like sorcerer's) which would be overpowered in my opinion.
    I agree with this also but not all of us pvp, this is no use to anyone in pve, apart from dodging boss hits, which is really not what I bought this pet for lol. If I wanted to dodge boss hits id buy a speed elixer.