Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nekro Changes Discussion

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Exclamation Nekro Changes Discussion

Hey all!

We’ve been listening to feedback about Nekro, and that feedback has brought me to some ideas on how to improve him. Let's get started

- Nekro's Happiness bonus currently provides +15 all stats, +20 to primary, and +6 mana regen. This is a bit broad and not quite potent enough compared to other arcane's, given his crafting component. As such I'm proposing shifting these to +10 all stats, +30 to primary, and +8 mana regen. This brings the total for the primary stat up 5 points, without overdoing the stat bonuses. There has to be some give and take in this regard.

- Nekro receives a higher base damage then other pets in the game, including other arcane's. The overall net is the raw value of his damage base increases about 15% over other arcane pets at his level. This value then scales into the other abilities and damaging attacks, including his shield buff. This is a COMPONENT of how abilities and effects damage and the like are calculated, so it does not implicitly mean that he will "just be stronger than every other arcane, period" as each ability for every pet has their own calculations of relevance. This serves to help his shield absorption, and overall passive damage.

- Nekro's lvl 40+ passive attack now has a 15% chance to stun. This adheres to the normal stun immunity in PvP

- Nekro's Activated Ability Cooldown decreased from 40 seconds to 26 seconds

- Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now deals more damage, as a result of his base attribute increase

- Nekro's passive attack rate has been increased from 1 attack every 2 seconds, to 1 attack every 1.8 seconds

- Fixed a bug related to his lvl 20-29 passive damage skill not doing its intended damage calculation

thoughts?
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-20-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Did I just seriously read that you are planning on making his shield stronger?

May I remind you that we still have Scorch who can't even shield you from a brackenridge mob.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Awesome! Maybe now all twelve people who have this pet will be pleased, LOL.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

You're cutting his AA CoolDown in half almost? Don't you think that's a bit much?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    You're cutting his AA CoolDown in half almost? Don't you think that's a bit much?
    40 secs was crazy long anyhow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    40 secs was crazy long anyhow
    True, but 29-30 seconds may be more viable for this pet's AA
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Finally something that comes close to SnS. Thank you, STG!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Also, since the speed buff and elixirs stack, would it be safe to assume that the new Djinn pet's armor buff would stack with the armor buff you get when you stand in a rogue's veil skill?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Finally something that comes close to SnS. Thank you, STG!
    Ur old sig was cooler :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

True, but 29-30 seconds may be more viable for this pet's AA
    The AA is entirely defensive in nature, and judging from the way that Scorch AA behaves having a long CD for Nekro's Dragon Scales with a panic/banish seems like it would be a troll move, imo.

Look how many people are happy with their Scorch, js.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    The AA is entirely defensive in nature, and judging from the way that Scorch AA behaves having a long CD for Nekro's Dragon Scales with a panic/banish seems like it would be a troll move, imo.

Look how many people are happy with their Scorch, js.
    Scorch AA time should be reduced too imo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Scorch AA time should be reduced too imo.

Agreed, considering that a sheet of paper is more capable of defending my mage better than Scorch' dragon scales.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Keep in mind those asking for a nerf are basically denying themselves a chance to compete with SnS. 30% speed from AA will help one avoid SnS pools with ease.

It was a good buff imo and will increase value of vials for farmers as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Oh no, I need nekro now. Sounds like significant improvements and I'm happy for all the Nekro users. I need fossil bad now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Lovee this! Legit! Pasive stun and shorter cool down is a nice touch.
    Still not sure I understand the damage part hes main damage stays at 12 percent?
    If so I feel like it should gain 12 percent crit too.

EDIT: please listen to this, this isnt just me saying this but even people who own shady and surge, this post involves nekro/ the new pet thats coming out so please check the feedback here too.

Http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...2-percent-crit

Its obvious to me you guys dont want people whining like you did when you first released nekro and shady and surge, you altered nekro to have lower stats because everyone complained about it, you was careful with the new pet in not overdoing the stats, but now I really feel like your under doing them, we need a pet with the same happiness bonus to compete with shady and surge, otherwise this leaves things unbalanced and unfair, if a pet that everyone can work to obtain has the same happiness bonus as shady and surge yes people will complain, but only because theese people are selfish/lazy and don't want to work towards another pet, in time many people will have this pet, when samael got released it was ridiculously over the top compared to other pets, but now thousands of players have that pet, and before shady and surge was released this lead to balance and equal opportunities, right now there is not equal opportunities as a substantial amount of players have a ridiculous advantage when it comes to pve , this includes farming but especially leader board timed runs . People have an advantage in pvp, and alls it takes for this advantage to be ridiculously over the top is for a timed run team to have 4 shady and surges, or a pvp clash team to have a team of shady and surge, and this happens very frequently in pvp, and at the end of the season it will be frequent in pve.

And its not even about leaderboard runs or pvp, this game should give equal opportunities for everyone to be able to reach simular stats, and right now its not, and its the one thing I very much dislike about this game at the moment.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 01-21-2015 at 03:47 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Scorch buff too??

IMO the fact that the skill "Dragon Scales" is effectively linked between Nekro and Scorch and that Nekro's entire AA "configures" for Scorches AA in the sense that it's ok that it's weak because there are other bonuses, is kind of sad, in the colloquial sense.

What I mean is, because Scorches AA is in Nekro's it will never be developed to the stage where it becomes a formidable AA on it's own. So if Dragon Scales gets a strong buff than it's like Nekro's AA becomes a double AA and that would never happen due to obvious unbalances. I think Dragon Scales should be removed from Nekro and instead effectively retitle it "Dragon's Hide" or something like that to create a more individualized AA for Scorch so it, as well as the rest of him can be buffed with no issue.
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 01-21-2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Grammar

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SacredKnight For This Useful Post:

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Also, since the speed buff and elixirs stack, would it be safe to assume that the new Djinn pet's armor buff would stack with the armor buff you get when you stand in a rogue's veil skill?
    The speed buff doesn't "stack", it replaces it for the duration of the AA. Armor will also do the same thing in applicable circumstances.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

That's great and all, but can something be done to buff scorch? At the moment he's worse than a legendary pet and now his shielding is far worse than another shielding pet (Nekro). They're from the same expansion, would have been nicer to see nekro be a full all out offensive dragon, and scorch the defensive dragon with singe in between.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 01-20-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

.no

26.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    That's great and all, but can something be done to buff scorch? At the moment he's worse than a legendary pet and now his shielding is far worse than another shielding pet (Nekro). They're from the same expansion, would have been nicer to see nekro be a full all out offensive dragon, and scorch the defensive dragon with singe in between.
    Possibly, but I believe the calls for a buff on Nekro are directly related to him being a bit more expensive and harder to obtain due to crafting. They are both arcane pets, however Nekro is the harder to obtain of the two.

Good feedback so far, I'm reading it all thanks!
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-21-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    - Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir
    great overall package! one question regarding the additional speed buff: at the moment nekro slows enemies and will speed up players after the buff. how will that work out in pvp with nekro on each side? wich buff/debuff will win?