Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Default Contest Planning: Kalizzaa's Tour of Arlor

KALIZZAA's TOUR OF ARLOR CHALLENGE

Name:  Banner.jpg
Views: 3836
Size:  81.9 KB
    It's time once again to inject some excitement and friendly competition back into the world of elites!

EVENT STARTS
    This event will kick off on Monday, February 2nd, 12:00 AM EST

Countdown timer

TRACKING WEBSITE NEW!
    As a courtesy for players and guildmasters, I have created and will host a website that tracks the leaderboard for weekly guild and player prizes.

On this website, you can look up your guild to get status and run history.

Players, you can view this website as well to view your progress, and figure out which maps you still need to run.

Guilds, feel free to use this website for your own private competition here! Let us handle the administrative burden, and you guys can just focus on the fun :-)

Tour of Arlor Tracking Website

**And guys, no funny business please. I put this together in my (limited) free time, and I am hosting this out of my home network. If I see any funny business, or any behavior that I don't like, I will shut this down, because the security of my home network is more important to me than what happens in game here. So, please, be respectful with what I am trying to do for you folks and don't ruin it for everyone else.**

NOTE
    The prize pool keeps growing, so keep your eye on new prizes being added.

The purpose of contests such as this is to keep things exciting during the down times between events and new campaigns.

If you have any questions on how this will operate, I encourage you to post here now, rather than being unsure of what to do once the contest begins!

PURPOSE
    Unlike previous contests, the design of this one is to be as inclusive as possible. The point here is to help our guild members gather any missing APs, run with friends, make new friends, have fun, and perhaps earn some loot and prize money along the way.

This is a marathon run, where we will focus on two seasons of elite maps per week. The purpose here is to encourage as many guild mates and friends to complete every elite map, with points earned for your guild for the completion of each map, and extra bonus points for completing every map for the week.

There are no gear requirements here, nor are you obligated to run exclusively with your own guild, points will be awarded to all players that complete each map.

CONTEST DESIGN
    WEEK 1: Brackenridge and Ydra Forest
    WEEK 2: Dead City and Kraken Isles
    WEEK 3: Nordr and Shuyal
    WEEK 4: Tindirin and Planar Tombs

Each week, we will focus on completing two seasons worth of elite maps. Each Rogue/Sorc will score one point for the successful completion of a map, and Warriors will receive two points. There are no gear, party or guild restrictions, simply run maps with friends, PUGs, guildies, solo....doesn't matter - points will be awarded to the appropriate guilds as long as your guild tag is showing and visible on the screenshot.

BONUS POINTS
    Since the design of this contest is to get as many people through all the maps, a one-time bonus of 100 points will be awarded to each and every character that completes every map for the week. Players that run all the Brackenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild.

The reason for this huge bonus point design is to prevent a handful of hardcore players from having a huge impact on the final results. The design here is to include as many players as possible, not restrict this to pro parties and top geared players.

PRIZE POOL
    TOTAL PRIZE POOL: 35,000,000 gold + 12 Grimm Eggs + 50 Ankh Kits NEW!
    Candylicks has donated 5 million and 12 Grimm eggs to the prize pool
    Thanks to a generous donation by Twoc, the prize pool has doubled to 30 million!
    Thanks to Vorticity, for a generous donation of 5 million!
    Thanks to Volted, for a generous donation of 50 Ankh kits

Top Guild of the Week by points scored: 1,000,000 gold
    Weekly payouts at the end of the contest will total 4,000,000 gold

FINAL RESULT (after 4 weeks)
    1st Guild: 3,000,000 gold
    2nd Guild: 2,000,000 gold
    3rd Guild: 1,000,000 gold

TOP SCORING PLAYER PRIZES (Weekly): NEW!
    1st: 500k gold + Grimm Egg
    2nd: 250k gold + Grimm Egg
    3rd: 100k gold + Grimm Egg
    4th - 25th: 50k gold NEW!

TOP SCORING PLAYER PRIZES (Final): NEW!
    1st: 1m gold
    2nd: 500k gold
    3rd - 25th: 100k gold NEW!

RANDOMLY CHOSEN PLAYER PRIZES! NEW!
    At the conclusion of this event, we will choose 5 players of each class (15 players total) at random based on screenshot entries.

Each of these 15 players (5 of each class) will receive 500,000 gold

CONSOLATION PRIZES (Final): NEW!
    For players that did not won a prize in any of the other categories (including the vantiy), I will select 50 players at random to win a 25 Ankh kit.

50 Ankh kit consolation prize courtesy of Volted.

Guild Prizes will be paid to the Guild Master of the winning guilds. How the Guild Master chooses to distribute the winnings is strictly up to him/her; though it would be nice to use the proceeds to fund a private contest.

THIS IS NOT FINALIZED! If anyone is willing to contribute to this prize pool, I will update this post and come up with additional prizes, but as of now, this is all I can afford to put in.

SPECIAL STS PRIZE NEW!
    STS (Remiem) has told me that they will have a small surprise gift for ALL players that complete all four weekly challenges. This means, for those that successfully complete every elite map all four weeks, they will receive a little bonus for their effort at the end of this contest.

Name:  UG2NLP6.jpg
Views: 1897
Size:  91.8 KB Name:  ChCOQik.jpg
Views: 1863
Size:  119.4 KB Name:  ZGEd6DQ.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  79.9 KB

These special vanities are unique in-game and will only be awarded to those that complete all four weekly challenges!
    Don't miss your opportunity to wear a piece of AL history!

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hi there!

To update you all on my last post, the vanities associated with this contest are NOT trade-able and will not be in the future. Have fun!
    This means that the only way to get these vanities is to EARN them. Wear them proudly!

GENERAL RULES
    1. To receive points, you must post a screenshot with all players on screen
    2. The boss must be dead on screen and/or loot visible on screen or chatbox. If I can't find the dead boss, nor the loot in chat or on the ground, no points will be awarded.
    3. Your guild tag must be visible. If I cannot see your guild tag, I will not award points to you since this is a guild based challenge!
    4. Each week, I will have a catch-phrase that must be spoken and visible in the chat box. No catch-phrase, no points for anyone! Only one person needs to say the catch-phrase.
    5. No duplicate posts - duplicated entries will be discarded.

Additional rules will be posted with each weekly contest, so please review the weekly thread (which I will link in the next post).

Concerns with Tindirin
    I'm sure that you are aware there are no timers in Tindirin, so you're probably thinking how will I know if someone ran elite or normal. Well, to a point, I must trust in fair-play, but I am very well aware of the junk epic loot that drops from the elite bosses of Tindirin. If cheating is suspected, the players involved will be banned, and any points earned will be forfeited. This means you lose all points that have ever been earned for your guild. Further, I will post a section with the names of the cheaters for all to see.

Cheating will not be tolerated! This contest is designed in good will and, while I don't think it will happen, I just want the warning put out there in case there are any concerns.
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 03-03-2015 at 11:29 AM.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

SPECIAL THANKS
    Special Thanks to the following contributors:

Candylicks and <Enigmatic>: 5,000,000 gold + 12 Grimm Eggs
    Twoc: 15,000,000 gold!!!
    Vorticity: 5,000,000 gold
    Volted: 50 Ankh kits

Special Thanks to the players that are assisting with the planning and management of this event:
    • Candylicks
    • Fadedtwo
    • Kingmartin
    • Starkinea
    • Blipz
    • Twoc
    • Raregem
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 03-03-2015 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Shout-out to those helping make this event a memorable one!

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

PVE Lord of AL is inviting all of Us for hunt! Don't waste such invitation guys :P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Love it! I know Enigmatic is going to be all over this! APs here we come!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Totally XD we wil rock this
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?234330-The-Leamzie-Art-Gallery
    Look on the bright side of life not only the dark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    I still can't figure out why the 'Dead City' regular AP won't complete on my rogue. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I still can't figure out why the 'Dead City' regular AP won't complete on my rogue. :/
    Because you're too pro to run normal maps....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Probably cause you have a missing quest you haven't picked up or finished yet. Make sure to speak to everyone and their mother in Kraag and the Dead City maps to make sure they're all complete.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is cool reserveddd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

KALIZZAA's TOUR OF ARLOR CHALLENGE

Name:  Banner.jpg
Views: 3836
Size:  81.9 KB
    It's time once again to inject some excitement and friendly competition back into the world of elites!

NOTE
    This is still in the planning phase, and will go live soon once I have designed a tracking application and received confirmation from the Devs/Mods that there are not any imminent updates which would distract players from completing the challenge. The purpose of contests such as this is to keep things exciting during the down times between events and new campaigns.

If you have any questions on how this will operate, I encourage you to post here now, rather than being unsure of what to do once the contest begins!

PURPOSE
    Unlike previous contests, the design of this one is to be as inclusive as possible. The point here is to help our guild members gather any missing APs, run with friends, make new friends, have fun, and perhaps earn some loot and prize money along the way.

This is a marathon run, where we will focus on two seasons of elite maps per week. The purpose here is to encourage as many guild mates and friends to complete every elite map, with points earned for your guild for the completion of each map, and extra bonus points for completing every map for the week.

There are no gear requirements here, nor are you obligated to run exclusively with your own guild, points will be awarded to all players that complete each map.

CONTEST DESIGN
    WEEK 1: Brackenridge and Ydra Forest
    WEEK 2: Dead City and Kraken Isles
    WEEK 3: Nordr and Shuyal
    WEEK 4: Tindirin and Planar Tombs

Each week, we will focus on completing two seasons worth of elite maps. Each Rogue/Sorc will score one point for the successful completion of a map, and Warriors will receive two points. There are no gear, party or guild restrictions, simply run maps with friends, PUGs, guildies, solo....doesn't matter - points will be awarded to the appropriate guilds as long as your guild tag is showing and visible on the screenshot.

BONUS POINTS
    Since the design of this contest is to get as many people through all the maps, a one-time bonus of 100 points will be awarded to each and every character that completes every map for the week. Players that run all the Brackenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild.

The reason for this huge bonus point design is to prevent a handful of hardcore players from having a huge impact on the final results. The design here is to include as many players as possible, not restrict this to pro parties and top geared players.

POINT SCORING EXAMPLE

MAP: Brackenridge Forest
    Player 1 (W) [Deviant Misfits]
    Player 2 (S) [Deviant Misfits]
    Player 3 (R) [Elite Runners]
    Player 4 (R) [Enigmatic]

[Deviant Misfits]: 3 Points (2 for the Warrior, 1 for the Sorcerer)
    [Elite Runners]: 1 Point (Rogue)
    [Enigmatic]: 1 Point (Rogue)

FROM SAME EXAMPLE ABOVE:
    Player 1 (W) [Deviant Misfits]: 12 Runs, did not complete all maps = 24 Points (Warriors receive 2 points per map)
    Player 2 (S) [Deviant Misfits]: 20 Runs, did not complete all maps = 20 Points
    Player 3 (R) [Elite Runners]: 8 Runs, completed all maps once = 108 points (8 Points for completing the maps + 100 bonus points for completing all maps in the week)
    Player 4 (R) [Enigmatic]: 16 Runs, completed all maps twice = 116 points (16 Points for completing the maps + 100 bonus points for completing all maps in the week)

[Enigmatic]: 116 Points
    [Elite Runners]: 108 Points
    [Deviant Misfits]: 44 Points

In this case, even though Players 1 and 2 had more runs, Players 3 and 4 scored way more points, simply because they completed the weekly challenge.

PRIZE POOL
    TOTAL PRIZE POOL: 10,000,000 gold

Top Guild of the Week by points scored: 1,000,000 gold
    Weekly payouts at the end of the contest will total 4,000,000 gold

FINAL RESULT (after 4 weeks)
    1st Guild: 3,000,000 gold
    2nd Guild: 2,000,000 gold
    3rd Guild: 1,000,000 gold

Prizes will be paid to the Guild Master of the winning guilds. How the Guild Master chooses to distribute the winnings is strictly up to him/her; though it would be nice to use the proceeds to fund a private contest.

THIS IS NOT FINALIZED! If anyone is willing to contribute to this prize pool, I will update this post and come up with additional prizes, but as of now, this is all I can afford to put in.

GENERAL RULES
    1. To receive points, you must post a screenshot with all players on screen
    2. The boss must be dead on screen and/or loot visible on screen or chatbox. If I can't find the dead boss, nor the loot in chat or on the ground, no points will be awarded.
    3. Your guild tag must be visible. If I cannot see your guild tag, I will not award points to you since this is a guild based challenge!
    4. Each week, I will have a catch-phrase that must be spoken and visible in the chat box. No catch-phrase, no points for anyone! Only one person needs to say the catch-phrase.
    5. No duplicate posts - duplicated entries will be discarded.

Additional rules will be posted with each weekly contest, so please review the weekly thread (which I will link in the next post).

Concerns with Tindirin
    I'm sure that you are aware there are no timers in Tindirin, so you're probably thinking how will I know if someone ran elite or normal. Well, to a point, I must trust in fair-play, but I am very well aware of the junk epic loot that drops from the elite bosses of Tindirin. If cheating is suspected, the players involved will be banned, and any points earned will be forfeited. This means you lose all points that have ever been earned for your guild. Further, I will post a section with the names of the cheaters for all to see.

Cheating will not be tolerated! This contest is designed in good will and, while I don't think it will happen, I just want the warning put out there in case there are any concerns.
    Yay!!! Kali is at it again! Can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Enigmatic will put up some gold Kali. Lemme see what we can come up with.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Be cool, Stay Chilled nd Make Yourself @ Home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Reserved

Guys - I see some of you are even ready to throw in some prize pool, that's really fantastic!

I just discussed with Kali shortly - we think we should have a coordination group of the contest that would consist of GMs of the competing guilds and say, 2-3 officers (up to GM). We would like to prevent any dramas and make the contest as smooth and attractive as possible!!!

So, GMs of the competing guilds first please - you can add me in Line App chat. My Line ID is KingMartin.

Need to to catch some sleep now, so please be patient. You can of course contact Kali, too.

<Yawn>
    Last edited by KingMartin; 01-20-2015 at 06:43 PM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Too many writings can cause many confusion
    Summary:
    - completion of one map = (2pts) warrior, (1pts) sorcerer/ rogue
    - competition of all maps in one week = 100pts per class
    -Doesn't have to run with guildies (but it's a guild contest sort of .. Weird ok)
    - points not based on time but rather the class make up

Now I have a question, is there limited runs per class?
    What I mean is what if they completed ALL maps like 100 times...
    Does that mean they get 100x100 points ?
    Or if they ran the same map over and over again,

A party of rogue or dps can finish the map under 10mins for bracken ridge alone, easy 400 points (100each class bonus)

I know you said the idea is gettin a bunch of guildies to run it to get 100 points so my guess is 100pts per toon, no more than that despite how many times they completed , but just clarify that on ur description cuz some
    People may misunderstand that

Ps. I prefer time runs better, lol it's more intense and challenging.
    Last edited by inkredible; 01-20-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredible View Post
    Too many writings can cause many confusion
    Summary:
    - completion of one map = (2pts) warrior, (1pts) sorcerer/ rogue
    - competition of all maps in one week = 100pts per class
    -Doesn't have to run with guildies (but it's a guild contest sort of .. Weird ok)
    - points not based on time but rather the class make up

Now I have a question, is there limited runs per class?
    What I mean is what if they completed ALL maps like 100 times...
    Does that mean they get 100x100 points ?
    Or if they ran the same map over and over again,

A party of rogue or dps can finish the map under 10mins for bracken ridge alone, easy 400 points (100each class bonus)

I know you said the idea is gettin a bunch of guildies to run it to get 100 points so my guess is 100pts per toon, no more than that despite how many times they completed , but just clarify that on ur description cuz some
    People may misunderstand that

Ps. I prefer time runs better, lol it's more intense and challenging.
    The 100 points are a one time player bonus for the successful completion of all maps. Additional runs only receive the 1 point (2 for Warriors).

So, the point here is to get as many players to complete all maps to receive the maximum bonus. Otherwise, as you said, a high end party of rogues will dominate, and that's exactly what I DON'T want.

Sorcs and Wars are being ignored enough as it is in pro parties, hopefully, this will encourage more runs for other classes, and round out any missing APs for guildmates. Because other than for APs, who routinely farms maps like Ashral Tower, Skull Cove, or Hall of Valheim?

PS: I agree, I like the timed run format better, which is what I have historically done, but it winds up being the same group of players (ahem, Danley, Aze, True, JP, etc.) so most players simply can't compete with rings, planar pendants and Sam/Nekro/SnS/Singe. No worries, I'll host a timed run event again in a month or two. But for now, this is a challenge for guildmasters to rally the troops and just have some fun doing casual elites.
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 01-20-2015 at 07:58 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

But sheer guild size does theoretically play a major, perhaps unfair, role here. Enigmatic is half the size of ER, and I know the roster of participants for large ER guild contests are much, much bigger than the number of players who took part in the Enigmatic OCD contest.

Isn't that an inevitable disadvantage between guilds?
    Also are we allowed to solo the maps?
    Last edited by Azemen; 01-20-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love this can't wait for it to start <3
    Gnozzie :

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azemen View Post
    But sheer guild size does theoretically play a major, perhaps unfair, role here. Enigmatic is half the size of ER, and I know the roster of participants for large ER guild contests are much, much bigger than the number of players who took part in the Enigmatic OCD contest.

Isn't that an inevitable disadvantage between guilds?
    Also are we allowed to solo the maps?
    Technically, yes, guild size can create an advantage/disadvantage. But, my experience with really large guilds is that even with a larger population, it usually does not mean that more players actually run elite, since a percentage are twinks/not capped, and a population is barely active or not capable of running elites.

Plus, take a population like ER. Sure, we aren't that big, but I'm willing to bet that a large percentage our our members will complete the challenge. Same will go for you guys - a large population will complete the weekly challenge.

I designed the bonus system to provide a huge advantage to the guilds that ACTUALLY push their players to complete. Putting in a couple of runs here and there really won't help your guild at all. One player to complete the challenge is actually more beneficial than 20 players that run a couple of maps.

Oh, and, yes, you can solo, run duo, PUG, doesn't matter. Just get those runs in...
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 01-21-2015 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Missed your last contest so I'll be sure to join this time. Apart from winning or losing to guilds with more pro runners, it's all about elite runs so...funfunfun! Can't wait and thanks so much Kali & co. for organizing this.