Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Default Contest Planning: Kalizzaa's Tour of Arlor

KALIZZAA's TOUR OF ARLOR CHALLENGE

Name:  Banner.jpg
Views: 3839
Size:  81.9 KB
    It's time once again to inject some excitement and friendly competition back into the world of elites!

EVENT STARTS
    This event will kick off on Monday, February 2nd, 12:00 AM EST

Countdown timer

TRACKING WEBSITE NEW!
    As a courtesy for players and guildmasters, I have created and will host a website that tracks the leaderboard for weekly guild and player prizes.

On this website, you can look up your guild to get status and run history.

Players, you can view this website as well to view your progress, and figure out which maps you still need to run.

Guilds, feel free to use this website for your own private competition here! Let us handle the administrative burden, and you guys can just focus on the fun :-)

Tour of Arlor Tracking Website

**And guys, no funny business please. I put this together in my (limited) free time, and I am hosting this out of my home network. If I see any funny business, or any behavior that I don't like, I will shut this down, because the security of my home network is more important to me than what happens in game here. So, please, be respectful with what I am trying to do for you folks and don't ruin it for everyone else.**

NOTE
    The prize pool keeps growing, so keep your eye on new prizes being added.

The purpose of contests such as this is to keep things exciting during the down times between events and new campaigns.

If you have any questions on how this will operate, I encourage you to post here now, rather than being unsure of what to do once the contest begins!

PURPOSE
    Unlike previous contests, the design of this one is to be as inclusive as possible. The point here is to help our guild members gather any missing APs, run with friends, make new friends, have fun, and perhaps earn some loot and prize money along the way.

This is a marathon run, where we will focus on two seasons of elite maps per week. The purpose here is to encourage as many guild mates and friends to complete every elite map, with points earned for your guild for the completion of each map, and extra bonus points for completing every map for the week.

There are no gear requirements here, nor are you obligated to run exclusively with your own guild, points will be awarded to all players that complete each map.

CONTEST DESIGN
    WEEK 1: Brackenridge and Ydra Forest
    WEEK 2: Dead City and Kraken Isles
    WEEK 3: Nordr and Shuyal
    WEEK 4: Tindirin and Planar Tombs

Each week, we will focus on completing two seasons worth of elite maps. Each Rogue/Sorc will score one point for the successful completion of a map, and Warriors will receive two points. There are no gear, party or guild restrictions, simply run maps with friends, PUGs, guildies, solo....doesn't matter - points will be awarded to the appropriate guilds as long as your guild tag is showing and visible on the screenshot.

BONUS POINTS
    Since the design of this contest is to get as many people through all the maps, a one-time bonus of 100 points will be awarded to each and every character that completes every map for the week. Players that run all the Brackenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild.

The reason for this huge bonus point design is to prevent a handful of hardcore players from having a huge impact on the final results. The design here is to include as many players as possible, not restrict this to pro parties and top geared players.

PRIZE POOL
    TOTAL PRIZE POOL: 35,000,000 gold + 12 Grimm Eggs + 50 Ankh Kits NEW!
    Candylicks has donated 5 million and 12 Grimm eggs to the prize pool
    Thanks to a generous donation by Twoc, the prize pool has doubled to 30 million!
    Thanks to Vorticity, for a generous donation of 5 million!
    Thanks to Volted, for a generous donation of 50 Ankh kits

Top Guild of the Week by points scored: 1,000,000 gold
    Weekly payouts at the end of the contest will total 4,000,000 gold

FINAL RESULT (after 4 weeks)
    1st Guild: 3,000,000 gold
    2nd Guild: 2,000,000 gold
    3rd Guild: 1,000,000 gold

TOP SCORING PLAYER PRIZES (Weekly): NEW!
    1st: 500k gold + Grimm Egg
    2nd: 250k gold + Grimm Egg
    3rd: 100k gold + Grimm Egg
    4th - 25th: 50k gold NEW!

TOP SCORING PLAYER PRIZES (Final): NEW!
    1st: 1m gold
    2nd: 500k gold
    3rd - 25th: 100k gold NEW!

RANDOMLY CHOSEN PLAYER PRIZES! NEW!
    At the conclusion of this event, we will choose 5 players of each class (15 players total) at random based on screenshot entries.

Each of these 15 players (5 of each class) will receive 500,000 gold

CONSOLATION PRIZES (Final): NEW!
    For players that did not won a prize in any of the other categories (including the vantiy), I will select 50 players at random to win a 25 Ankh kit.

50 Ankh kit consolation prize courtesy of Volted.

Guild Prizes will be paid to the Guild Master of the winning guilds. How the Guild Master chooses to distribute the winnings is strictly up to him/her; though it would be nice to use the proceeds to fund a private contest.

THIS IS NOT FINALIZED! If anyone is willing to contribute to this prize pool, I will update this post and come up with additional prizes, but as of now, this is all I can afford to put in.

SPECIAL STS PRIZE NEW!
    STS (Remiem) has told me that they will have a small surprise gift for ALL players that complete all four weekly challenges. This means, for those that successfully complete every elite map all four weeks, they will receive a little bonus for their effort at the end of this contest.

Name:  UG2NLP6.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  91.8 KB Name:  ChCOQik.jpg
Views: 1867
Size:  119.4 KB Name:  ZGEd6DQ.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  79.9 KB

These special vanities are unique in-game and will only be awarded to those that complete all four weekly challenges!
    Don't miss your opportunity to wear a piece of AL history!

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hi there!

To update you all on my last post, the vanities associated with this contest are NOT trade-able and will not be in the future. Have fun!
    This means that the only way to get these vanities is to EARN them. Wear them proudly!

GENERAL RULES
    1. To receive points, you must post a screenshot with all players on screen
    2. The boss must be dead on screen and/or loot visible on screen or chatbox. If I can't find the dead boss, nor the loot in chat or on the ground, no points will be awarded.
    3. Your guild tag must be visible. If I cannot see your guild tag, I will not award points to you since this is a guild based challenge!
    4. Each week, I will have a catch-phrase that must be spoken and visible in the chat box. No catch-phrase, no points for anyone! Only one person needs to say the catch-phrase.
    5. No duplicate posts - duplicated entries will be discarded.

Additional rules will be posted with each weekly contest, so please review the weekly thread (which I will link in the next post).

Concerns with Tindirin
    I'm sure that you are aware there are no timers in Tindirin, so you're probably thinking how will I know if someone ran elite or normal. Well, to a point, I must trust in fair-play, but I am very well aware of the junk epic loot that drops from the elite bosses of Tindirin. If cheating is suspected, the players involved will be banned, and any points earned will be forfeited. This means you lose all points that have ever been earned for your guild. Further, I will post a section with the names of the cheaters for all to see.

Cheating will not be tolerated! This contest is designed in good will and, while I don't think it will happen, I just want the warning put out there in case there are any concerns.
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 03-03-2015 at 11:29 AM.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: