Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill credit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kill credit

I am not sure if anyone noticed this but when you kill an enemy in a campaign outside of your level range, you do not get credit for the kill. For example, if I go into dark forest as a level 50, I will not receive credit for killing enemies. I guess the devs did this to prevent kill boosting.
    ishox- lvl 51 pure dex bird colorbomb- pally in the making oblackopso-lvl 50 tank

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If you can gain xp from an enemy, you can gain a kill count. Also im pretty sure you need to do about 40-50% damage on an enemy for it to be considered a kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did they just change this? I remember back during a02, lvl 45s would kill farm the lower maps.
    ishox- lvl 51 pure dex bird colorbomb- pally in the making oblackopso-lvl 50 tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    If you can gain xp from an enemy, you can gain a kill count. Also im pretty sure you need to do about 40-50% damage on an enemy for it to be considered a kill.
    Yeah you don't actually have to drop him dead to get the kill as far as i can tell. Then again, you can drop him dead and NOT get a kill (if you just do a very small amount of damage to finish it off but had done none previously). Remind me to test this if you see me ingame.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nbaallamerican View Post
    I am not sure if anyone noticed this but when you kill an enemy in a campaign outside of your level range, you do not get credit for the kill. For example, if I go into dark forest as a level 50, I will not receive credit for killing enemies. I guess the devs did this to prevent kill boosting.
    It's a reasonable way to keep your kill score honest.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

it's whoever made the killing strike that gets the kill... at least that how pvp works so I'd imagine it's the same for pve
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Did they just change this? I remember back during a02, lvl 45s would kill farm the lower maps.
    As far as i can remember, and that's as far back as the original swamps, you have only been able to get kills if you get xp. I could be wrong though. I remember a few farming map 3 of AO2 for kills such as thekingknight and landajc but none going to lower levels (unless you're taking AO1 up until level 48 since you can still get xp until 48 there, so you can still get kills until level 48)
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

This goes back to even before the swamps I believe, during the 30 cap or maybe early swamp days. Also I'm fairly certain you don't have to do any damage to get a kill. Just like XP, anyone in range when a mob dies gets a kill (I think, but maybe should double check...).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    This goes back to even before the swamps I believe, during the 30 cap or maybe early swamp days. Also I'm fairly certain you don't have to do any damage to get a kill. Just like XP, anyone in range when a mob dies gets a kill (I think, but maybe should double check...).
    I do not think everyone gets the kill. I think you need to be the person who finished the enemy off to get xp. I am not sure :P but we should test it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I do not think everyone gets the kill. I think you need to be the person who finished the enemy off to get xp. I am not sure :P but we should test it.
    I know everyone gets XP, that's how leeching or "powerleveling" by simply following behind another player without doing anything works. I think everyone in range also gets credited with a kill, 95% or so sure of that...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think if that was true, there wouldn't be lvl 50s with 500 kills. I believe it is whoever finishes of the mob gets the kill. This would also explain why bears tend to have lower kill counts than others (from what I've observed).

Edit: also I forgot there's been people who were 50 with 0 kills and 0 deaths. Just being in range and not attacking won't give you a kill count
    Last edited by Kujen; 03-02-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You know what I have no idea what I was thinking. Brain fart or something, it's actually the person who gets the final kill shot that gets kill credit. It's just been so long since anyone discussed this that I haven't really though about it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In Bandit Boy Stronghold, I followed 4 players around and they killed approximately 30-40 mobs.

This is the outcome.

Start Finish
    XP 643 684
    Kills 9113 9113

I did not fire a single attack

You still goin XP by not doing anything, however you do NOT get Kill count if you just follow around. I will continue to see what counts as a "kill".

edit: I fired 1 AOE Firestorm and hit 5 mobs, did not kill any all the way. I only got 1 kill added on.
    Last edited by noneo; 03-02-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I'm very obsessed with keeping my kill counts high. I have more kills than most other birds (and even mages) except a few not because I play a lot, but because I'm always in the front of the line dealing as much damage as I can before anyone else. I was sure that it was a certain % of damage you needed to do in order for you to get a kill, but I didn't know whether the person who delivers the final blow gets it. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea it's true. I tested in some CTK games with my bird. I first tried damaging a mob to less than 1/4 hp and letting someone else kill. I did not get credit for that. I then let my friend get to low health while I finished it, and I got credit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm very obsessed with keeping my kill counts high. I have more kills than most other birds (and even mages) except a few not because I play a lot, but because I'm always in the front of the line dealing as much damage as I can before anyone else. I was sure that it was a certain % of damage you needed to do in order for you to get a kill, but I didn't know whether the person who delivers the final blow gets it. Can anyone confirm this?
    I don't think the final blow matters. I did a few tests with firestorm and hit 4 - 5 mobs each time. None of the times did I kill any of the mobs, however a few times I recieved 1 "kill". i think It is based off of some sort of a damage%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

It's definitely last shot, unless they changed something recently and didn't announce it. There used to be some discussion of whether it should simply be last kill or most damage done, so I know it's last shot (despite my earlier brainlock), but nobody has brought up the topic in months so I doubt they changed it.

Edit: and PvP is the same way which I'm sure most people know. You can do as much damage to an opponent as you want, but if someone comes in at the last second and gets a single final shot in, they get the kill. People used to talk about "kill stealing" in PvP and even PvE a good deal.
    Last edited by Royce; 03-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    It's a reasonable way to keep your kill score honest.
    no its not realy it says kills but really it woudnt be showing the correct amount of kills u have actually done for example i kill 3000 ao3 aliens but i may have been helping a few freinds level up in forest haven i might have killed another 6000 zombies (doubt it lol) so realy ive just killed 9000 eneimes but it only shows 3000 of my kills.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't see how it could be last shot. I hit a group of mobs and dealt damage but killed none. I recieved 1 kill from doing this. Maybe it is a combination of both last kill and if you dealt more than 50% damage?

Another small test.

Start End Total Kills
    kills 9113 9153 40 Catacombs
    kills 9153 9161 8 Steam Chamber

both of these are dealing with a team of 5 players, lvl 50 -56

in front lines of the Steam Chamber with starting hit, I recived 8 kills (out of a total of 16)
    In front lines of Catacombs, I received 40 kills. (out of 84)
    (interestingly enough, both seem to be around half of the total mobs..)

I was constantly firing both standard attack, and spells. I felt I was dealing a comperable amount of damage as everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Because of lag, even the lag other players are experiencing, it can be impossible in a live game situation to actually know who's getting the kill shots. It used to be final shot, and I would suspect it still is. However, I am certainly in factor of some testing, but for accurate results it would have to be done in a more controlled manner, as Cmandial did, which seemed to point toward last shot...