Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding future development on legacy games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey thanks for the update Mr G,
    Ive been on PL since the android release in 2010 and SL since the beginning.. Its been a fun run... I have enjoyed the creativity and challenges of your games.. a kudos to all on staff at STG for your hospitality on the support site and in the forums over the years. Im looking forward to the mid-february announcement and im sure the new release will folow in the great tradition PL/SL have begun.. Meanwhile ill be forever wondering now... which devs kid (npc) is which in PL ...
    Cheeers, Randy aka Immrandy/Imrandy/Irandy/bbooradley/hopsalot/hopsalots

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AAPG For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Justg, I do appreciate you trying to reply to our posts. And I understand it was a business decision...that people levels above you made. You are the unfortunate bearer of bad news and I don't envy your situation.

But from a purely business perspective I wonder if they considered the fact that this will cause people to invest less real world dollars in your games (old and new). People may still play your games, but fewer of us will spend real world money investing in your games. There is no reason to buy plat in any old games since there will not be anything to buy. And if we do play new games...why would we invest much into it knowing that it too will be abandoned some day. I personally have spent more than I would like to admit on plat...my thought was always that I enjoy the game and am happy to invest in it to make spacetime successful. I no longer feel the same affinity and I imagine many others feel the same way.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm glad they finally came out and said it, I'm actually sad lol. I've been playing Dark Legends for about 2 years, while I've certainly complained alot about the lack of new content etc, now that they've come out and confirmed they're no longer working on it, I can kinda just stop and look back on all the good times I've had. It might sound weird but I think the time I spent on DL was a really worthy experience, and I made some really good friends.

So, thank you STS, and good luck on your future projects.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Staberella For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What will be the new games theme and can it dome to ios or andriod first instead of pc. Ans have a beta theme?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I'm completely cool, I don't think my post was out of line or needed deleted.
    Extremely sad, but far from angry.

Gary, is there any chance we can atleast get some game exclusive vanities for our PL/SL/DL achievements. For instance, I'd love a CoP in AL or a Demonic Flame vanity banner.
    This a possibility, G?

I am sure you want to keep customers from your other games, since there are many other great options out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

I really like DL. It's different from any other game I've played and the only game I've stuck with for more than a month or two. I met so many new friends from all over the world. It's sad there will be no more updates for this game and I really wish you would reconsider this decision. However I will not stop playing because I love DL and the people I've met there and I hope in the future sts will be able to start updating this game again.

Signed,

Virai, a loyal DL player for 1 and 1/2 years

Disclaimer: We don't do any actual cheerleading

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    There is no reason to buy plat in any old games since there will not be anything to buy.
    You are right. Why would anyone buy anything in PL ever again? You play it hopefully because you get enjoyment out of it. You can enjoy it for free as much as you want. When you buy an elixir to level up faster, you consume it. You get extra enjoyment out of the experience. When you spend plat, you are paying for that extra enjoyment. But you don't have to, you can still enjoy it without spending anything.

And if we do play new games...why would we invest much into it knowing that it too will be abandoned some day.
    PL has been around for 5 years. Things change in 5 years. Who knows what the world will be like in 5 years, or what any of us will be doing? We are pretty sure we'll still be around, but we all may be jacked into the matrix by then *knocks on wood*

In the new game, we hope you will want to spend some money, but you definitely won't have to either. We're putting a lot of our love into it and a lot of our weight behind it. But you will be able to get enjoyment out of it for free.

I personally have spent more than I would like to admit on plat...my thought was always that I enjoy the game and am happy to invest in it to make spacetime successful.
    Exactly and thank you. You spend plat to have extra enjoyment in the game. You have experienced that enjoyment, it has become part of your life. And in some way we have become part of your life too, and we appreciate that you want to invest in us to make us successful.

Our hearts and souls are in games, and I know some of yours are as well. This is a very sad day around the office, but we are looking forward to enjoying some kick *** times with you in the future.

- g
    Last edited by Justg; 01-22-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You are right. Why would anyone buy anything in PL ever again? You play it hopefully because you get enjoyment out of it. You can enjoy it for free as much as you want. When you buy an elixir to level up faster, you consume it. You get extra enjoyment out of the experience. When you spend plat, you are paying for that extra enjoyment. But you don't have to, you can still enjoy it without spending anything.

PL has been around for 5 years. Things change in 5 years. Who knows what the world will be like in 5 years, or what any of us will be doing? We are pretty sure we'll still be around, but we all may be jacked into the matrix by then *knocks on wood*

In the new game, we hope you will want to spend some money, but you definitely won't have to either. We're putting a lot of our love into it and a lot of our weight behind it. But you will be able to get enjoyment out of it for free.

Exactly and thank you. You spend plat to have extra enjoyment in the game. You have experienced that enjoyment, it has become part of your life. And in some way we have become part of your life too, and we appreciate that you want to invest in us to make us successful.

Our hearts and souls are in games, and I know some of yours are as well. This is a very sad day around the office, but we are looking forward to enjoying some kick *** times with you in the future.

- g
    you should log on and say bye to us

thanks for this thread, part of what i loved about sts how close u and the community were
    good luck with your company's future

100% srs
    -Ely

ps: gotta throw an lel on here somewhere

thanks for the 4 years(for me atleast)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Justg. Me and many others would atleast like a goodbye update. Like maybe putting pvp like it was before fbow nerf. You guys have that saved in backups somewhere so it would take like no time just to add it and update one last time before moving on.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Although I truly am sad, it is the best decision business-wise. I will always 100% support you guys for your hard work.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Can't wait to play the new game, BTW.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

Happy New Year!

I’d like to talk with you about the future of our legacy games. It’s no secret that we have been putting the majority of our Live development resources into Arcane Legends. In the past, when asked if we are going to update the level cap or release new content for the other games, we really didn't think we would be doing anything, but we were not certain. Our response has been “there is nothing on the horizon”. We now have a good handle on our future, and I’d like to be more clear about our legacy games.

We will no longer be updating Pocket, Star, or Dark Legends. We also will no longer be updating Battle Dragons or Arcane Battlegrounds. This includes weekly 2x bonuses and seasonal events. We are not sunsetting (shutting down) these games. We will keep all of them running for the foreseeable future, but we are not going to be adding anything new. The drain is simply too great on our limited resources.

I say this with a very heavy heart. Pocket Legends, in particular, has our soul in it. This was a transformational title for the studio. It contains some of our best efforts and biggest ambitions. It is full of our inside jokes. Many of the NPCs are named after our kids. It was a dream for us that became a reality, and we are lucky to have been able to share it with you.

We’ll continue to focus our Live development efforts on AL, which is still going very strong. This includes a community-focused approach and another expansion scheduled for early this year. If you are a PL, SL, or DL player that wants to check it out, please give it a go. You’ll find a very active and vibrant community there. We also have another client update coming for Battle Command with some very cool stuff.

We’ll be announcing a new title in the very near future. It is fully PvP oriented, and I think many of you are going to like it very much. I know this does not ease the sting of no more updates for our older games, but we have to make these decisions in order to continue to grow as a company. I’ll stay involved in this thread to discuss further with you, thanks in advance for keeping it level.

I’d like to express our great love and gratitude to you, the most passionate, active, loyal, and supportive community I have ever worked with. I can’t express how grateful we are that you have been enjoying our games for so long. We’ll do our best to try to surprise and delight you far into the future.

Thanks,

- Gary Gattis
    CEO, Spacetime Studios
    I'd would like to start by thanking you for making PL. It has helped me keep my mind off some tough times in my life. Bad marriage, divorce, and missing my baby girl on the nights I didn't have her, but this message is not about that. It's about what I think you need to do to keep PL alive, kicking, and making you guys money....which is how you stay in business =)

I have a way that I believe will help PL stay profitable....

Open the 56, 61, 65, 70, caps vanities back up + the dragonet quest, and Humania elite boss. This would add back all elite 70, 71 weapons, and black dragon sets that everyone in pl would love and deserve a chance to get.

See, When I first started this game I thought it was cool that I could get items that would be discontinued, but as this game has continued I've realized it is not a good business move or game move. With everything open every new player and old player will have the chance to complete everything in this game....which is how every game should be developed. Plz open everything back up and just see how this game blooms...new players and old can complete, own, do everything this game has had to offer.

This is a 40 year old man asking you to save his favorite game yo =)

Peace,

Never fear....FN's here =)

P.s. I'm not asking for anything new, just save what we have and make it the way it should of always been. Every quest, weapon, cap vanity available. All open yo =)

Save PL!
    Last edited by Fncrazy; 01-23-2015 at 01:37 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post:

Fao, nun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Hi Justg,

I wanted to say thanks for creating PL
    It taught me many life lessons and morals which i still refer back to today

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Hey uhm, this is my 1337 post, and it is just a quick question for Gary. I know you all have a new moba planned, but after that, what? A lot of us chose PL for a couple simple reasons.

-Simple quick interface.
    -Great control layout (including the way you can rotate your screen)
    -Massive amount possiblities
    -Multiplayer capabilities
    -Crossplatform
    -Historical life

This last one may not strike you as important, but it is. Endgame Cap rings and vanities have kept many of us going for years. The enjoyment of pieceing together a 3pc ring that looks cool, and not many else have... Is a great thing. Despite the hate recieved from this, I would love to see this implemented in a future game. It doesn't even need to be a heavily over powerful item.

So my question is, will STS ever developed a new MMORPG, with some of the things I listed above? AL has some of these things but not all.

I appreciate this thread. It helps to lay things out there.

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Gary,

These games that you have made are simply amazing. Even though i am an arcane legends player i played other games too. These games were simply amazing. The graphics and interface are delighting and are a good investment of time too. However i understand the limited resources problem. I thank you for these games and am looking forward for the next MOBA game.

Rx8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thank you Mr. Gattis for the information. I'm pretty excited for this new game that you guys have in mind. To be honest, this almost reminds me of Pokémon lol. Everyone leaves the old game for the new one but no one ever complains about the old ones not getting updated. I really have high hopes for your new game. I have a tiny question however. Is this new game a new addition to the legacy games? Or is it a new genre?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So the game will eventually get shutdown from my understanding?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Thought thick and thin, I respect you guys and the decision to close this game was ultimately yours. Been a good run playing this game and I'll keep playing it until the true end to it. Thank you StS for these games and hope your future games are just as successful.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Well my previous post was deleted, but I still think that PvP is not what made STS's games successful.
    Good luck with the new title.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Been here since 2011 and its sad to hear Pl has basically came to an end . I do have to appreciate all the staff who made this amazing game which was the best game ive played in my life. I would like to thank all the people who made the game like JustG,Cinco,Sam, and whoever spent time working on PL and making the experience for everyone the best! I know Sam is gone and I don't know about Cinco but they truly made this game the best. I wish I had the same passion of playing AL than PL but I never got into AL, but it is okay and ill stick to Spacetime and I will hope to see your next game . I will come and visit once in a while.

-Lake

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to lakersrockftw For This Useful Post: