Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New PL client, different servers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

As logan said, we just need everybody to update. Sts need to tell the players that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Yw stg, just ran around the pl towns on my un-updated android phone for half an hour telling people what logan said to do.

10m pls.

K.
    Thx.
    Bai.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anahadaz For This Useful Post:

Fao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Wao did u know u can pm urself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by for the lulz View Post
    Wao did u know u can pm urself?
    yep

on another note, why is the other guy saying "NO"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Okay so basically , its a long story and im on my tablet so I dont feel like typing so much , but I will. Just don't expect me to use proper grammar and spelling 2lazy4dat

He and I met a few days ago in humania and we got into a conversation about his girlfriend. He kept telling me about how she left him for this other guy who was richer(y do ppl date on pl). He just went on and on and I cud make out that he really liked this girl cus he was mad at her but he kept saying all sorts of thjngs in her praise like - oh she was so awesome etc. Then he messaged me a screenshot of their breakup texts and then he sent me her pictures and stuff . Honestky I just wanted him to feel better so I said - shes ugly , u cud do alot better. He got pissed said - what the heck r u tryna say bro?
    and then I was like - im just saying that ur a cool looking guy with a good personality and u could find someone better irl

And then he was like - are u hitting on me

And I was like - what the....noooo!!!!

*40 minutes silence , no texts*

And he was like- awkward.....

We did talk for a few days and I was really really upset about it cus I was just being normal and he had to go ahead and make everything weird. AAAANNNNYYWAYS we met today again in shadow and he was a wreck so I was like - whats wrong
    He was still sad but he had a plan to get her back and he needed my help. Basically I was supposed to publicly praise him and say stuff like - wow ur so cool!!
    it was an okay plan but I was still mad at him so I wasnt gonna help him. Then I said - this is ridiculous , we're done.
    And then he was like - NO NO PLS
    And then he offered me 1k.... what the heck.....who the hell does that ? He seriously thinks my loyalty can be bought ??? and that its only worth 1k??? My loyalty is easily worth 100k atleast , so we're in the middle of a negotiation.
    Last edited by for the lulz; 01-26-2015 at 07:54 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to for the lulz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Omg same device and os! Same problem annoying af i thought everybody quit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Okay so basically , its a long story and im on my tablet so I dont feel like typing so much , but I will. Just don't expect me to use proper grammar and spelling 2lazy4dat

He and I met a few days ago in humania and we got into a conversation about his girlfriend. He kept telling me about how she left him for this other guy who was richer(y do ppl date on pl). He just went on and on and I cud make out that he really liked this girl cus he was mad at her but he kept saying all sorts of thjngs in her praise like - oh she was so awesome etc. Then he messaged me a screenshot of their breakup texts and then he sent me her pictures and stuff . Honestky I just wanted him to feel better so I said - shes ugly , u cud do alot better. He got pissed said - what the heck r u tryna say bro?
    and then I was like - im just saying that ur a cool looking guy with a good personality and u could find someone better irl

We did talk for a few days and I was really really upset about it cus I was just being normal and he had to go ahead and make everything weird. AAAANNNNYYWAYS we met today again in shadow and he was a wreck so I was like - whats wrong
    He was still sad but he had a plan to get her back and he needed my help. Basically I was supposed to publicly praise him and say stuff like - wow ur so cool!!
    it was an okay plan but I was still mad at him so I wasnt gonna help him. Then I said - this is ridiculous , we're done.
    And then he offered me 1k.... what the heck.....who the hell does that ? He seriously thinks my loyalty can be bought ??? and that its only worth 1k??? My loyalty is easily worth 100k atleast , so we're in the middle of a negotiation.
    Lol. We were just there spamming "new update is for oldies only, go away new gens" i didn't have a clue what that bear was on about, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Bug from PL Update today causes major confusion

A PL update happened this afternoon, the result has been that people who updated cannot see people who didn't, and vice versa.

Very few updated so far. People who updated only see a few friends online, and think PL is dead. Some already quit, one deleted his account. This is very bad timing for such a misunderstanding.

It's like there's two different PL worlds now. You can login on a client that didn't update, and login on a client that did, and not see each other. Both can be in the guild hall at the same time, but do not see each other.

Please post an announcement about this and get this issue resolved as soon as possible before it causes the community unnecessary losses.

-Drae

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've sent a note to the devs to see what's up. However, based on what I have been told it's possible that people just haven't updated to the new version of the game, thus resulting in people not appearing in game. If you haven't already, please update to the new client. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Omg same device and os! Same problem annoying af i thought everybody quit!
    Exactly. This confusion is going to cause irreparable harm to the PL community. And where's the official announcement regarding this update? The update should be forced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Now they're isolating peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

My estimate being on both the new and old server (different devices) is that 95% are on the old client still. The new server makes PL look deader than a doorknob :/ Not good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This updated forces my place to restart when I multi task to another window like internet Skype or anything. Before I had a good 30- 45 secs to switch back before restarting. Pl also crashes more. Very aggravating. Thought there wasn't going to be any updates???

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

So if i update on one device and other naw wut happens
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synfullmagic_23110 View Post
    So if i update on one device and other naw wut happens
    The device that updates goes to the new server, the device that didn't stays in the old server. Two worlds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Just a thought... It would probably be a good idea for STS to global message the old server to tell people to update their PL app so that we're all on the same server. Automate that global message once every 30 minutes. This would expedite the transition and get us all on the same page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

On the new server Free plat offers lead to a crash for me, idk whats up with anyone else. samsung tab 2 android 4.4

Sent from my GT-P3113
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

he offered me 2.3 mil
    i told him he should pay the girl off instead
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguemaw View Post
    On the new server Free plat offers lead to a crash for me, idk whats up with anyone else. samsung tab 2 android 4.4

Sent from my GT-P3113
    I don't use a samsung or android 4.4 but the same happens to me.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

22. The Following User Says Thank You to programmed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The new servers may not have all the odds and ends attached (ie, free plat, etc). Keep the bug reports coming. STS needs to know what loose ends may exist so they can address them. The biggest one I see so far: 95% are still on the old app.