Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends

Where Birds don't Fly PL PvP Skill: A furious Genghis Khan PL Motto: Learn from all Mistakes ☺
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Pocket Legends

Why not make a game that resembles some of the mechanics PL had? Reasons why I didn't, nor still can't do any transitions to any of the other STS games is because none of them have any of the same mechanics PL did. I believe that was one of the big reasons why PL was a huge success, prior to AL, regardless of it being the first released game. I also know that many players have told you this before, and you reply with just a basic "I understand, see if you'll enjoy the next game!" knowing yourself, it won't be anything like PL.

I've heard lots of chatter about AL, & how the newer games are the bigger money bringers and future prospers, but why not make a new game with some of the same Mechanics as PL, simply with different graphics, settings, stories, characters, and etc.? Not only will some of the veteran players be happy, and more than willing to join, but you can also gain in new, more, and as well as old players that quit just because it's a "New game" in all technicality. With just some of PL's few basic mechanics, it could make that big of a difference. It would also be very easy to advertise and you can even put advertisements in AL/DL/SL/PL, and all of your other games, as you do with your newer released games. I remember when I first played PL, after finding it myself on the App Store, I wasn't convinced it was a very good game at first, and deleted it. It was through an Ad, one of your Ads, that I came back to PL only to realize it was actually a fun game when you took time to progress, as well as meet players that even helped you in your goal of progression. Now look at me, a 4 year veteran, and still playing this amazing game till this day.

People might of hated AL (I know I do), if they were new to it, simply because it was hard to build up, play, and/or progress with all of those other people who were very far ahead, as well as the hard to transfer to mechanics. Making a new game with PL-like mechanics, and throwing a few Ads around can change all of that. Veterans in PL will already get a not fully developed, but basic knowledge on how the new game with PL mechanics work, and newer players will be given the opportunity to be able to understand how it works even though they lack in the experience compared to the older players (as well as the easier to use mechanics), why? Because it's a new game, everyone starts on the same pace, and usually people pay for platinum in order to try and be ahead of the others (Platinum Purchases, AKA $$$). PL had a hard time getting out there, as well as bringing in more money to benefit you profitably (you = 50 man team), I understand that, but what was the reason? Why? Well, It's mainly because it's almost 5 years old, and you had put in updates to it's already not so popular crowd (Low Population = Low Paycheck). So why not create a game not like PL, but with some of the same basic mechanics that will also bring in, not only new players, but old players as well (Me being an example)?

For starters, implement the basic mechanics: Camera Rotation, Manual Auto Attack, 12 Skill Layout, and the ordinary 1-16m Range. Those 4 little mechanics can change everything in a game. Those 4 little mechanics can bring back not only lots of new players, but some of the old veteran players as well. Old veteran players, who, even when Pocket Legends was dying were in fact still spending money to buy platinum to keep it alive/more lively (Being one myself), or simply quit due to the depression of it dying, as well as hard work, & precious time wasted. That's a rough estimate of how many players? I'd guess around 5,000-10,000+ players in total? I know your 50-man team tried this whole idea I put down, and simply combined it with all of your other games and labeled it as "Arcane Legends", but Arcane Legends and Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and as well as Dark Legends are nothing close to each other in singular standpoints, and combining them simply won't do each game justice (AL...). I also know for a fact that Pocket Legends has more of a population than it's other two Brothers, maybe even more when they're combined (Star Legends, & Dark Legends), mainly because it was the first game, but it's also mainly because it was the best game in most players eyes, if you just glimpse at the population difference.

Even to this day the Forums stay decently active, as well as the game you've tried to depart from (Pocket Legends... ). I know you probably think I don't understand a thing about how much money, time, as well as effort making a new game with Pocket Legends-like mechanics, ("Pocket Legends 2" most people would say) will take, but I can promise the end result would be beneficial if you're willing to take the chance, I know the AL population is very large and you'd rather play it safe by giving them enjoyment, but there's no point in releasing other excess copycat games such as "Battle Command!", "Arcane Battlegrounds", and "Battle Dragons" when you can make a perfectly good non-generic one, and gain major profit from it, like you did with PL. You may even start a trend, and most likely have mimics counterparts, like how you do with "Battle Command!", "Arcane Battlegrounds", and "Battle Dragons". I bet even you too, know this is a tempting idea. Please think over it.
    Last edited by Vvriter; 02-04-2015 at 01:55 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vvriter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Might have missed some points, but isn't SL and DL pretty much the same with PL? And AL just have some things changed(functional pets, manual auto-attack, etc).

Where Birds don't Fly PL PvP Skill: A furious Genghis Khan PL Motto: Learn from all Mistakes ☺
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyMc View Post
    Might have missed some points, but isn't SL and DL pretty much the same with PL? And AL just have some things changed(functional pets, manual auto-attack, etc).
    Not really, they both have different game mechanics compared to PL's. They're all different when it comes to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvriter View Post
    Not really, they both have different game mechanics compared to PL's. They're all different when it comes to that.
    They've come out with games using different mechanics, because they see the newer titles as improving upon them, in their eyes at least. Not hard to look at AL and see that. It pulled mechanics from all the pre-existing Legends titles. It wouldn't make any sense for StS to backtrack and release a title with the same mechanics as the one they just stopped supporting. You mentioned the game being 5 years old, that means the mechanics are also 5 years old. Let's take our head out of the clouds and stop pitching half-brain ideas that won't happen simply because we miss PL.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Unfortunately, well said ^
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    They've come out with games using different mechanics, because they see the newer titles as improving upon them, in their eyes at least. Not hard to look at AL and see that. It pulled mechanics from all the pre-existing Legends titles. It wouldn't make any sense for StS to backtrack and release a title with the same mechanics as the one they just stopped supporting. You mentioned the game being 5 years old, that means the mechanics are also 5 years old. Let's take our head out of the clouds and stop pitching half-brain ideas that won't happen simply because we miss PL.
    I never said to use the same exact mechanics. They can use something more "Brand-New". I'm just saying having similar to PL mechanics, (Ex.Camera Rotation, Manual Auto Attack, 12 Skill Layout, and the ordinary 1-16m Range) would be a smart thing to implement. Mainly because it'd be more easier for older players, as well as most likely less complicated for newer players to transition into. The main reason why people continue to play PL is because of it's mechanics, and some people because of their acquired wealth, and that's about it. Basically I'm saying make a game with all of the STS games they've used to create AL, including AL, but with just more easier to use mechanics like the ones in PL, not to use a clone of them so they wouldn't gain any amount of profit/wealth nor any newer players (not a vast majority at least). As for your last sentence, I really don't miss PL itself, I would just like a game with somewhat similar mechanics, and maybe a bit more of a population, but there's no other game out there such as that, not even it's other legend brothers no matter how much you/they say the games are "similar". That's the whole reason why I said:

I know your 50-man team tried this whole idea I put down, and simply combined it with all of your other games and labeled it as "Arcane Legends", but Arcane Legends and Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and as well as Dark Legends are nothing close to each other in singular standpoints, and combining them simply won't do each game justice (AL...).

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    Unfortunately, well said ^
    Not quite what I was meaning.
    Last edited by Vvriter; 01-31-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why no more updates devs? Just curious
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

They haven't, they just updated the app's server lolol ok C:
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Looking for PL's updates, like everyone else
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is a great idea , cause I wouldnt come back for another remade al type of game

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DudeitsJacob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DudeitsJacob View Post
    This is a great idea , cause I wouldnt come back for another remade al type of game
    Thanks. I wouldn't either.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys,

I have cleaned up this thread. Let's refrain from further drama.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Suggestion about the thread, seriously, you need to make paragraphs for threads like this! I did not bother as it hurts my eyes and makes me lose concentration when reading big stories like this..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Suggestion about the thread, seriously, you need to make paragraphs for threads like this! I did not bother as it hurts my eyes and makes me lose concentration when reading big stories like this..
    Jig no read. Hurt Jig head. Jig drink Whey protein powder. Jig like Whey protein powder.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    Jig no read. Hurt Jig head. Jig drink Whey protein powder. Jig like Whey protein powder.
    Hahahaha dats it mane
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    28 lines of pure text. I don't see how you struggle so hard to read it, but I fixed it regardless. Enjoy~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

28 lines of pure text. I don't see how you struggle so hard to read it, but I fixed it regardless. Enjoy~
    Because of the white back-round on a large computer screen, it is painful, thanks heaps looks very clean now!

~Sincerely, English Teacher Jeoff Gordan.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

I play both pl and sl, mostly sl, because I love sci-fi but the 12 skills in sl is something I've always wanted :/ i think this would be a great idea. Simply to force me to start over, but actually be considered a founder for once. LEL I am one in AL, but AL is crap k bai.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CAK Vader For This Useful Post:

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I am going to go ahead and lock up this thread since it is no longer constructive.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com