Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Thanks Carapace for the interaction regarding this new gem.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #222
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to see the Cursed Skull adjusted to make the proc actually handy. It would be a good place to start if you are planning on looking at proc gems in the future. Once the formula is set and people are happy with how it works, it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to other things. As it stands now, the proc on that gem is just a gimmick so people don't have much faith in gem procs as a feature.

Something to think on, anyways.
    In its current form it does not grant enough mana or infrequency of proc proportionate to player class?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

armour doesn't do good at endgame. if it were % dmg reduction then good.
    only matters in low level.

please change it to "2-4%" dmg reduction instead of 8-15armour.

armour increases map difficulty. FYI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its a really good gem
    thx guys !
    Are the arena glacial gems better then a normal glacial gem???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In its current form it does not grant enough mana or infrequency of proc proportionate to player class?
    The proc on it is very low and does little which has made them undesirable. Here is an older thread that was posted in suggestions about the gem http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1947908
    Last edited by Raregem; 02-05-2015 at 12:34 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #226
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post

Armor does not increase map difficulty, that is a myth! And a very interesting one I might add.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post

It was suggested before, good idea, but i dont know much about dmg reduction since its not a visible stat and I'm not playing warrior. How it's working, is it adds to your armor, if yes, then does it stack with passive armor modifiers? Armor reducer things like aimed shot does nullify it? Does it reduces all incoming damage, skills too? What percentage should be decent at end game to not ruin twink pvp?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

warriors in 3-23 twinks will become more OP when they get their hands on this gems.. makes pvp more out of balance.. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    The proc on it is very low and does little which has made them undesirable. Here is an older thread that was posted in suggestions about the gem http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1947908
    True/ the proc is very low.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #230
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphabane View Post
    warriors in 3-23 twinks will become more OP when they get their hands on this gems.. makes pvp more out of balance.. :/
    Based on concerns related to this, the armor amount scales per level, providing little to no benefit in regards to armor for lower level brackets.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

In its current form you get a single heal of 2%, 2.5% of the time. Getting 50-100 hp back every 2-4 minutes isn't beneficial from a practical point of view. It doesn't even save you a single healing potion.

At the very least the % chance to proc should stack with multiple gems. The single 2% hp heal is so small that it would barely make a difference if it had a 50% chance to proc.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    Skull gem definitely needs a relook its horrible lol because as the gear stats get higher our mana that skills use remain the same as how it was say in s3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    In its current form you get a single heal of 2%, 2.5% of the time. Getting 50-100 hp back every 2-4 minutes isn't beneficial from a practical point of view. It doesn't even save you a single healing potion.

At the very least the % chance to proc should stack with multiple gems. The single 2% hp heal is so small that it would barely make a difference if it had a 50% chance to proc.
    My AoE+DoT sorcerer has 1 grand skull gem, and it procs far more often in tomb mobs. The problem is that the proc dont evenly designed between class/skill. So, it benifits only a certain setup.
    I would suggest that to let this skull gems as it is but for future gem/item proc, change the proc method (per skill maybe) and raise the proc chance accordingly and the chance should stack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

OK...

I know this is redundant, but I think these new gems are just a waste of time a energy to add to the loot pool. I haven't talked to anyone that actually wants them and I feel like most people on here are just talking about logistics of gems that they really don't want to see added to game....

Personally I would like:

1)Para gems! The community has been begging for rare (tradable) Para gem drops because of the trouble, danger and expense of obtaining them now..... Furthermore as more and more gear comes out we will become more and more desperate! Adding them to the loot pool in even a very very rare drop chance and making them tradable would solve many problems that these gems have caused

2)eye gems or skull gems (if they can fix these to scale properly) would be cool as well, but mainly just Para gems

Basically I personally just want more reasons to face arena besides recipe or that ever elusive fossil... The drop rates don't need to be high, but I don't think adding new gems is the answer right now! (just my 2 cents).... Better to spend time and energy on class balance before tanks and mages all freak out and start trying to breed a new species, jk :-)

P. S. U can take all the gear drops outta arena all together and no one would mind... Just leave it at anks, pots, gems (if any good), fossil, recipe and gold... We just liquidate lol the gear drops anyway :-)
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    OK...

I know this is redundant, but I think these new gems are just a waste of time a energy to add to the loot pool. I haven't talked to anyone that actually wants them and I feel like most people on here are just talking about logistics of gems that they really don't want to see added to game....

Personally I would like:

1)Para gems! The community has been begging for rare (tradable) Para gem drops because of the trouble, danger and expense of obtaining them now..... Furthermore as more and more gear comes out we will become more and more desperate! Adding them to the loot pool in even a very very rare drop chance and making them tradable would solve many problems that these gems have caused

2)eye gems or skull gems (if they can fix these to scale properly) would be cool as well, but mainly just Para gems

Basically I personally just want more reasons to face arena besides recipe or that ever elusive fossil... The drop rates don't need to be high, but I don't think adding new gems is the answer right now! (just my 2 cents).... Better to spend time and energy on class balance before tanks and mages all freak out and start trying to breed a new species, jk :-)

P. S. U can take all the gear drops outta arena all together and no one would mind... Just leave it at anks, pots, gems (if any good), fossil, recipe and gold... We just liquidate lol the gear drops anyway :-)
    I love this gem and it is not waste of time. Rogue armor should be lowered down to half, they already have dexterity dodge which acts better than armor. If you do not believe me one mage and one rogue with same amount of hp and armor go do watcher tomb without using potion and see which one will die faster! mage will die faster, why always mage should be sacrifice and rogue have more damage, more dodge,more critical,more hp and more armor than mages. we can only get to 1022 armor with our mythic gears with lower critical than rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magenice View Post
    I love this gem and it is not waste of time. Rogue armor should be lowered down to half, they already have dexterity dodge which acts better than armor. If you do not believe me one mage and one rogue with same amount of hp and armor go do watcher tomb without using potion and see which one will die faster! mage will die faster, why always mage should be sacrifice and rogue have more damage, more dodge,more critical,more hp and more armor than mages. we can only get to 1022 armor with our mythic gears with lower critical than rogues.
    hahaha dear even if our stat become lower we still the best and strongest class,even if you block us 3v5 we still are winner as you can see everyday. I'm waiting for you all in pvp rooms with 50% crit please do come lets have some pvp together.please bring some mixed dps and crit gem.Tq. muahhhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I'm not sure how u think this gem will help you balance out with a rogue, but best of luck.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Dodge dont work in pvp homeboy zzzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Based on concerns related to this, the armor amount scales per level, providing little to no benefit in regards to armor for lower level brackets.
    I think Carapace has it spot in here. The development should be focused to benefit end game content and players. Twinking is sort of a side activity.

Actually we would like to know exactly how armor blocks scales with defending against damage. Like 1 armor reduces 3 hp damage? This way we can weigh the options.