Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

cool tank btw can't wait for the re egg system ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why does the arena fire gem get lesser dex on grand from other 2 gems under lvl21?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Not worth the HP trade off from eye gems. Currently one of those gives 30 + 15 + 9 = 54 HP each for mages/rogues and 48 HP for warrs plus the whatever crit. Now let's say we're switching to this new gem which in the best scenario of supergem only provides 12 HP for mages and rogues and 40 for warrs. Always talking L41, the 15 armor blocks at best around 12 hit points (HP) for maxed out rogues with 1.8k armor and much less for mages at 1.3-1.4k (around 6 hit points).

So overall this is plainly unworthy of comparison for mages and rogues, without even factoring in the also stackable crit benefits from syrillax eye gems. Maybe warriors can make something out of it by stacking a few to reach a specific armor plateau.

Lastly, this proc at 2% is too low and mage-favored since they are the only class with enough damage over time to consistently proc this. But then again, this won't make sense if the 20% hit chance debuff is overriden from fireball's 100% upgrade of 25% hit chance debuff on charge.

Plus, hit% is worthless in pvp and when fighting bosses since neither can miss. Poor gem choice for endgame, it'll make a good twink gem for warriors though.
    Last edited by Madnex; 02-01-2015 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Darn phone keyboard.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

To the sts devs team,
    Guys there are so many people at low level pvp Zone who r enraged just because warriors having more armor and they are almost impossible to kill even by other arcane class. And now this armor based gem is like Thr worst nightmare coming true.

I hereby ask a team to evaluate the following:
    Make a warrior level 7 skill as 1 smash 1 juggernaut 2 on vengence with 50 str and horn with shield. Use Icescale fitness set with expedition shield weapon. Pet as Frist and all super of those new gems.

Try to make 3 rogues vs that warrior or make 5 v1 the warrior.

I recently bought few gears of level 10 with a thought there might be some sort of class balance soon at low level bit it doesn't seem things going to get right.

So please evaluate then make some possible correction and bring fairness to all class. Thanks
    Last edited by davidvilla; 02-01-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Its very good, the rage gem and eye gems are useless for a warrior, they really need an armor gem so they can choose between blood, elon shard or this gem, however the primary stat loss seems a bit too much and the armor gain is a bit too less. What about - 1 primary(str) stat compared to blood gems, but +1% armor with each gem. And the int, dex versions aren't so useful, there is no sane mage/rogue who want to use them instead of wind/wisdom or eye gem. What about giving them the same tarlok stats, but with different secondary stat, eg main stat dex but secondary str, or main stat int, secondary dex. So if a rogue is lacking of str, then it can have same hp as with an eye gem, but with less penalty on main stat/damage.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haligali; 02-01-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Lol. And I thought it couldn't get any worse than frist. My 10 rogue struggled to kill a level 9 jugger warrior that was armor based with one para and frist. Gg lets make low level warriors more op shall we. For mages I support this gem but for warriors its just too much to handle for us other classes.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Lol. And I thought it couldn't get any worse than frist. My 10 rogue struggled to kill a level 9 jugger warrior that was armor based with one para and frist. Gg lets make low level warriors more op shall we. For mages I support this gem but for warriors its just too much to handle for us other classes.
    Agree, at this current status, its heavily favour twinks, a % armor stat would be much balanced, so with 1% armor a lvl8 twink warrior 400 armor will gain only 4 armor, while a lvl41 warrior with 2500 will gain 25 armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is a real bad idea... Imagine twink tanks with 10 of this grand gems... +150 armor... So 1 hour clashes will be 5 hour clashes now... Add some dps or something but not armor...
    I think we need a brake on gems.. We just had para gems and tralok gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The Supergem bonus for the stat portion of the gem will be a bit lower than a pure Blood, Glacial, or Fire gem. Not a lot, but enough to dissuade a potentially broken scenario of all gem slots taken up by these gems.
    I feel it's a little misunderstanding. All gem slots taken up by same gems isn't a broken scenario, its already a common practice, and I think you dont need to fight against it, instead adapt and calculate with it. However it's impossible to take up all gem slots with same gems, one para and one eye gem is a must, the rest can be variable. Just look at these items in auction:

If people are using more of these gems, then there is a possibility to plat through supers, which means money for your company, I see nothing wrong, its a win-win.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

L - Leaving me speechless with this new gem
    A - Am i suppose to feel excited with this new gem
    M - Make me believe this is an interesting gem
    E - Eventually all hell will break loose

Conclusion:

Is this the best Dev can come up with to make this game "trendy", "up to date", through "word of mouth", "social media"
    This is a major problem i see in this game.

Players have spend a lot of real money in this game but things are moving really slow.
    Trading have been slow
    Currency in game have been dropping
    Lesser players in PvE Pvp

Tell me if i am wrong, correct me please.
    If dev requires gaming consultants, drop me a PM and we can communicate through E-Mail.

Just look at the forum
    CHATBOX

since when does people start to shout through chat box selling items
    In the past its a place where players chat and have interesting topics to talk about
    Now its a "trader market" at Forum chatbox?
    What is happening?
    Last edited by Littlegroot; 02-01-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So basically its for twinks.. Lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Again, another useless situation in AL. Rolls eyes
    GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I swear if sts changes this due to twinks whining that they cant farm this gem. Im done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'm actually siding with the idea of special gems not offering the hilariously large advantages that they do if stacked at the moment (see paracelsus gem, syrillax eye gem) because it widens the gap between the super wealthy and the middle class (plus the new players) even more.

There's no way to reach the best end game/twink setups that include multiple paragems and syrillax eyes for a new player, for example. That automatically means he/she cannot compete in neither pve timed runs nor in pvp without dishing out a ton of real cash (which also requires getting lucky! -- AL being the only game you can throw in 2k usd and walk out without the best of everything) and that's a huge turn off to anyone who just picks up the game. Not saying the more seasoned players should not have an advantage for sticking around longer but at the situation we're in, there's too large of an edge.

So no, if this gem is properly buffed (eg. made armor to scale too) and made as rare as vials (which are not all too common, just useless since there are no fossils to be crafted) it should offer a significant advantage that is maximized at 2-3 supergems tops.

Proposal:
    First two supergems offer 2.4% and 2.6% armor and that's it, third and so on offer 0.25%. With this type of gems both old and new players can opt for more diverse gem setups without an unreasonable amount of gold needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I have 2 questions.

(guess not but) does proc rate stack with more gem?

And how long does proc stay? Just for the attack or for a while?

15 armor is not really interesting tho.

---
    And level 11 dex picture is wrong I think.
    Last edited by Excuses; 02-01-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i just play on lvl 9... do this and is the way i leave AL for once...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Agree, at this current status, its heavily favour twinks, a % armor stat would be much balanced, so with 1% armor a lvl8 twink warrior 400 armor will gain only 4 armor, while a lvl41 warrior with 2500 will gain 25 armor.

% armor boost would also mean the second you're hit with an armor debuff, all those armor percentage buffs go bye bye. :3
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

u guys have so much diferent things for get armor...pets, the shield's, why lose time creating one thing like that? know what u should create? diferent pvp maps...so many seasons at same maps :/ ahhh and what about that gems only good on pve? and pvp stay at the same? what about that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I'm actually siding with the idea of special gems not offering the hilariously large advantages that they do if stacked at the moment (see paracelsus gem, syrillax eye gem) because it widens the gap between the super wealthy and the middle class (plus the new players) even more.

There's no way to reach the best end game/twink setups that include multiple paragems and syrillax eyes for a new player, for example. That automatically means he/she cannot compete in neither pve timed runs nor in pvp without dishing out a ton of real cash (which also requires getting lucky! -- AL being the only game you can throw in 2k usd and walk out without the best of everything) and that's a huge turn off to anyone who just picks up the game. Not saying the more seasoned players should not have an advantage for sticking around longer but at the situation we're in, there's too large of an edge.

So no, if this gem is properly buffed (eg. made armor to scale too) and made as rare as vials (which are not all too common, just useless since there are no fossils to be crafted) it should offer a significant advantage that is maximized at 2-3 supergems tops.

Proposal:
    First two supergems offer 2.4% and 2.6% armor and that's it, third and so on offer 0.25%. With this type of gems both old and new players can opt for more diverse gem setups without an unreasonable amount of gold needed.
    There is a main difference between elon shard/para/eye/tarlok gems and this armor gems, that the first ones are discontinued while this new one is not, so later anyone can buy them for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    % armor boost would also mean the second you're hit with an armor debuff, all those armor percentage buffs go bye bye. :3
    Ok, but these given numbers heavily favour characters with low armor stat (twinks and mages) while not so good for characters with already high armor (end game warriors). What will be a good solution then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Why armor is not scaled.. Twink pvp is destroyed