Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Hauntlet is Under New Management! The Gauntlet Now Open for a Limited Time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Got around 100 gold everytime I run it which is basically nothing compare to pots that I waste and the leaderboard eventhough its split by class,I don't have 7+ hours to play to be at the leaderboard.So I would prefer our "energy" event because their is a good thing I receive after each tier so my gold and pots don't go waste.
    A suggestion from me because this is the first gauntlet is either raise the gold that drop from the bosses or give us banner after reach certain point for example 2000 to 3000?
    And btw STS that Arachna and Crunch boss combo is really tricky,seriously.Most of the time after Arachna stun lock me I ended up smashed by Crunch and dead.
    Last edited by Archerios; 01-29-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

My opinion is I give STS an A for effort on the Gauntlet.

Of course that means my grade on implementation is gonna be lower. For me the problem is simple but let me try and articulate my experience and why the implementation missed the mark just a bit.

By the time I was able to log in after work I think the last place on the leader board already had well over 300 points. I try running the gauntlet anyway but guess what... No loot, OK a tiny bit of gold but really nothing.

So my chance at the leaderboard is non existent by the time I log in and there is no other incentive for me to run. I think just some simple drops from the bosses that include locked crates, a few ankh, an elixer here or there, or some sort of currency like 10 gauntlet coins would make me want to run event without a chance at the leader board. So it doesn't have to be new gear or special event items, it just needs to be something that has value whether it is tradable or not.

I think for STS it is a good thing if players run these maps and use up resources like pots, ankh, and elixers. That means those players have to replenish those resources which ultimately means someone has to buy plat.

So yes, nice first attempt at an event like this but I need more incentive to play, not much more but something.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I like the fact that it's challenging, and a cool idea. However, we again encounter the same problem we had in the winter event as well as with the Tombs and Arena. If Risk does not equal Reward, what incentive do players have to participate?

The difficulty levels in game have been improving in the past several months, but there is a lot that needs to be addressed in the sense that the risk and effort we are putting out is not being rewarded in any real way. For this event in particular, 500 gold doesn't compensate for half the potions required in a Gauntlet run, never mind the Ankh usage. 100 ankhs for leaderboard winners will reimburse those people for a fraction of the ankhs they use to get there. The banner is nice and I think that's cool, but overall it is just not worth it when we could spend the time farming for things to sell.

Most people I have spoken to ran it 2 or 3 times and stopped. This is because without any possible loot to balance the cost, the only ones who can afford this event are those with a lot of extra money available to them - which ironically means they already have Courage the Lion and can afford endless ankhs. So unless someone has a lot of time and money and really wants the banner, there's really no point.

What's really sad is that you can make a whole pile of gold (as well as plat rewards) by sitting in town popping locks. You also get a decent chance at arcane items by doing that.

What can you get for actually playing the game? 500 gold and maybe a chance at a banner. Or if you run arena, you have a 1 in a million shot at a fossil or a 1/500 chance at a pendant recipe.
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-29-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Nice.
    But, this event is the worst, In my opinion. It's hard (especially the Krunch and Arachna Boss Section),No rewards/loot per run, It's almost impossible to be in Leaderboard.I prefer doing farming or elite than doing Gauntlet. Aaaand I prefer the Original Hauntlet than the current Gauntlet.
    I'm dissapointed :/
    Last edited by Aprove; 01-30-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aprove For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillerXyler View Post
    What a boring event!
    Another event for high geared players (which are the plat users). Unfair for those with regular gears for it will take sometime for them to finish the run. High-geared players could run twice or thrice faster than a regular geared player. So definitely there will be no chance for this regular players to get on lb unless they will be invited by the high geared once which i doubt. You created an event that only few will benefit. I know its a "competition" thing. However for a regular player (non-plat user) having a simple banner after getting a number of points is a big thing for them. I think more players would be happy if its just a simple "free respec" weekend event.
    I agree much other players will be happy to have respec weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    My opinion is I give STS an A for effort on the Gauntlet.

Of course that means my grade on implementation is gonna be lower. For me the problem is simple but let me try and articulate my experience and why the implementation missed the mark just a bit.

By the time I was able to log in after work I think the last place on the leader board already had well over 300 points. I try running the gauntlet anyway but guess what... No loot, OK a tiny bit of gold but really nothing.

So my chance at the leaderboard is non existent by the time I log in and there is no other incentive for me to run. I think just some simple drops from the bosses that include locked crates, a few ankh, an elixer here or there, or some sort of currency like 10 gauntlet coins would make me want to run event without a chance at the leader board. So it doesn't have to be new gear or special event items, it just needs to be something that has value whether it is tradable or not.

I think for STS it is a good thing if players run these maps and use up resources like pots, ankh, and elixers. That means those players have to replenish those resources which ultimately means someone has to buy plat.

So yes, nice first attempt at an event like this but I need more incentive to play, not much more but something.
    u forgot that the lb will be top 100 of each class the current one was just showing top25 so u actually have a failry good chance at that banner it is better than those events lb where the plat player just uses plat and tops lb.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Attachment 117350

The Hauntlet is under NEW management! Today, Thursday 1/29 at 1:30pm CST through Thursday 2/5 at 1:30pm CST, The Gauntlet is open and taking victims--err--heroes!

IMPORTANT UPDATE: A few changes to The Gauntlet will go in tomorrow (1/30). The leaderboards will by split by class and the top 100 for each class will receive prizes, as outlined below. Hauntlet coins will drop again for successful completion. Also, to clarify, the Courage egg is tradable. The Ankh kits, Respec Scrolls and Banners are not. And, last but not least, all bosses do have a chance to drop gold (up to 250 for Jarl, up to 500 for Arachna and Krunch).

For a limited time the regular enemies of The Hauntlet have been replaced with different mobs and world bosses to create The Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is free to run (no energy required) and open to all levels, but beware! It's far more difficult than the original Hauntlet. Run through and complete The Gauntlet to earn points and climb the leaderboards. At the end of the event, the top leaders will receive special rewards!

Players will also notice that there is a timer in the dungeon, but your time will not affect your leaderboard standing. It's just for fun! How fast do you think YOU can run it?

Leaderboard Rewards

**Please Note** Ankh Kits, Banners and Respec scrools are account bound and are not tradeable.

TOP 100 for Each Class
    Vanity Banner for the Gauntlet (Seen Above)

TOP 25 for Each Class
    Attachment 117352
    15 Respec Scrolls

TOP 10 for Each Class
    Attachment 117353
    15 Respec Scrolls
    100 Ankhs

TOP 3 for Each Class
    Courage Egg (Courage Seen Above)
    Attachment 117353
    15 Respec Scrolls
    100 Ankhs

Good luck, Adventurers!
    U forgot to mention courages egg in TOP 3 WINNERS....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    U forgot to mention courages egg in TOP 3 WINNERS....
    pls check again she has mentioned it

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

haters gonna hate and 'complain'

good job STS nice event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Attachment 117350

The Hauntlet is under NEW management! Today, Thursday 1/29 at 1:30pm CST through Thursday 2/5 at 1:30pm CST, The Gauntlet is open and taking victims--err--heroes!

IMPORTANT UPDATE: A few changes to The Gauntlet will go in tomorrow (1/30). The leaderboards will by split by class and the top 100 for each class will receive prizes, as outlined below. Hauntlet coins will drop again for successful completion. Also, to clarify, the Courage egg is tradable. The Ankh kits, Respec Scrolls and Banners are not. And, last but not least, all bosses do have a chance to drop gold (up to 250 for Jarl, up to 500 for Arachna and Krunch).

For a limited time the regular enemies of The Hauntlet have been replaced with different mobs and world bosses to create The Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is free to run (no energy required) and open to all levels, but beware! It's far more difficult than the original Hauntlet. Run through and complete The Gauntlet to earn points and climb the leaderboards. At the end of the event, the top leaders will receive special rewards!

Players will also notice that there is a timer in the dungeon, but your time will not affect your leaderboard standing. It's just for fun! How fast do you think YOU can run it?

Leaderboard Rewards

**Please Note** Ankh Kits, Banners and Respec scrools are account bound and are not tradeable.

TOP 100 for Each Class

TOP 25 for Each Class
    Attachment 117352
    15 Respec Scrolls

TOP 10 for Each Class
    Attachment 117353
    15 Respec Scrolls
    100 Ankhs

TOP 3 for Each Class
    Courage Egg (Courage Seen Above)
    Attachment 117353
    15 Respec Scrolls
    100 Ankhs

Good luck, Adventurers!
    Can u clarify if there is 100 ankhs or 100 ankh kits?

On lb prizes it says 100 ankh kits but here says 100.... ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    Can u clarify if there is 100 ankhs or 100 ankh kits?

On lb prizes it says 100 ankh kits but here says 100.... ty
    as much as ik sts i dont think thye will give u 100x25=2500 ankhs (just assumption)

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to siddhant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Enter gaunlet and dc " leave"

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hello guys

You guys have made a fantastic Gauntlet event !!!
    But pls focus on the things people hate or want.
    I know this just for fun and i don't have ant problem with it.
    But can you guys think about: Lvl expansion 41-46, warrior skills and more gold rewards for quest.

Thx guys :P
    And hope there wil coming more updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Notice to the public by fellow gauntlet runner:

Do not complain about gold reward an ankhs consumption this is a mini event and a chance to experience a scaled down version of a big event running for the event leaderboard.

IMO the difficulty is ok running at level 13.

Suggestion: A new banner where you have goat skull design over a time run banner for the fastest gauntlet run, no separate board obviously those in the top 100 by class will have the chance to get the fastest time gauntlet run.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If u don't like it then don't run for it.

Personally, I love this event. At least everybody can participate without spending a singe penny for entrance. Fair play to StS team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

For me this event isn't funny...
    Only TOP 100 get Prize...
    Rest can only play and see what TOP 100 take...

Why we can't buy for points items ?
    Event funny only for NO-LIFES and PRO players with pro teams...
    IN 30 minuts they got 200 points...

Event = 2/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Gauntlet is nice experiment, and we definitely need more mini events like this.

For me as a casual player - I know that I will never be in any LB - this kind of events COULD be fun. The problem is that when I have time to play I usually run with pugs. And the event bosses especially in the last room seem to be too hard. If you are left alone facing that spider and his boy friend, I do not consider it fun.
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post
    Gauntlet is nice experiment, and we definitely need more mini events like this.

For me as a casual player - I know that I will never be in any LB - this kind of events COULD be fun. The problem is that when I have time to play I usually run with pugs. And the event bosses especially in the last room seem to be too hard. If you are left alone facing that spider and his boy friend, I do not consider it fun.
    I no play because it fun
    I want get prize.
    If i have time and i stay in town 24/7 it funny.
    If i need money and need drop = isn't funny.

That mine opinion.

+ Bosses very hard - Spider PRO...
    If you no have team you always get deads...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I LOVE this event, i can run with a random party and get Done in about 7 minutes, using in average 2-3 ankhs and 50-100 healthpots, plus it is FUN for the forst time in like forever, i havent had fun playing against Bosses since dragon enclave launched, with a exception for a hillarious fight against paraselcus ONCE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    I LOVE this event, i can run with a random party and get Done in about 7 minutes, using in average 2-3 ankhs and 50-100 healthpots, plus it is FUN for the forst time in like forever, i havent had fun playing against Bosses since dragon enclave launched, with a exception for a hillarious fight against paraselcus ONCE
    Gratz