Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why couldn't the new pet be farmable?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Why couldn't the new pet be farmable?

First things first before I go any further here. I like what STS does the people who play Arcane Legends. With the release of the new pet Maridos. I checked it out and said cool I'd like to get this pet then, I said saw where it only attainable through the locked crates of the watch . I know that STS is in the business of making money also. They got to feed there families and keep the lights on at the company. Why couldn't they make this pet attainable for people who really can't afford to pop locks all day? I wish they would at least give the players an option to farm the pet or for those who can afford to buy platinum and pop locks. I mean if they want people to play the game them give them something worth playing for. I farm the tombs, arena, elite maps, etc. And what brings me back is the possibility that one day I may luck up on a recipe or fossil or shard. It gives you a sense of accomplishment seeing all your hard work paying off. I mean it seems like that the game is going towards those who can afford to pop locks all day. I know it's part of the game and I totally understand it. But Remiem sent me a message saying they are going to do things to close the gap between rich and poor in this game but, I think making this pet available only through crates is not a good start. I know they have a lot to deal with besides the rich and poor. It's still bugs and mages saying they need buffing, neckro needs buffing etc. It's a lot they are dealing with.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 01-22-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Why couldn't the new pet be farmable?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regizakirs.rs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I wanted to ask WHY DID IT NOT COME DURING THE EXPANSION LOL....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I have no idea lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

their is currently a arcane pet you can farm for,necro..but you need a fossil to craft it and they come from locks..but still only wealthy players own this pet..sts need's a reason to keep us crate openers buying platinum,people knew this pet was gonna be in locked crates,it was replacing hammer jaw and glacian,i hope they remove the maul next..arena drops the planar pendant recipe,non plat players want something to farm for they have it..i been playing this game a long time and iv'e learned nobody is ever happy,f2p players complain there is nothing to farm,give them something they can farm for,then they complain it's too hard or it's unobtainable..it goes on and on..their will be plenty of items to farm for once this new cap comes..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Simple, bcuz they dont care about poor people:/ if u cant afford them just stare them

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novyaj Zeanreh For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oxon View Post
    their is currently a arcane pet you can farm for,necro..but you need a fossil to craft it and they come from locks..but still only wealthy players own this pet..sts need's a reason to keep us crate openers buying platinum,people knew this pet was gonna be in locked crates,it was replacing hammer jaw and glacian,i hope they remove the maul next..arena drops the planar pendant recipe,non plat players want something to farm for they have it..i been playing this game a long time and iv'e learned nobody is ever happy,f2p players complain there is nothing to farm,give them something they can farm for,then they complain it's too hard or it's unobtainable..it goes on and on..their will be plenty of items to farm for once this new cap comes..
    I know that you can farm neckro but it get got a nerf before it dropped. And you are exactly right. Give the non plat users something to farm it's too difficult. Then the rich players can just pop locks until they get the item they would like. It's just the way of the world I suppose either you have it or you don't and honestly it should not resort to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oxon View Post
    The reason for this is because in the 5 months since it was released as "farmable" only one fossil ever dropped - coincidentally that happened at the same time that the recipe rates were increased for a single week - then it went back to never dropping at all. Because in 5 months STS never bothered to fix the drop rate, the only ones who have the pet are those who looted fossils - you guessed it - in locked crates. Never mind the other ingredient, the vials of undead ectoplasm, had drop rates so low that only the insanely rich could ever afford to make this pet.

Hopefully now that it has finally been fixed, the people who this pet was supposed to be for will actually get a chance to obtain it.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

atleast increase the drop rate of that pet i saw one of them coming for 37m and i was like seriously...

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If you are referring to Maridos, 37 mill is not excessively high for the first day of release. That price is only for people who are willing to spend extra to be "the first" to own it. More eggs will become available as time passes, and the price will settle for probably somewhere in the mid-20's, if history tells us anything at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If you are referring to Maridos, 37 mill is not excessively high for the first day of release. That price is only for people who are willing to spend extra to be "the first" to own it. More eggs will become available as time passes, and the price will settle for probably somewhere in the mid-20's, if history tells us anything at all.
    20m is nevr possible for a non plat player to earn

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    That's just plain not true. I have dozens of members in my guild who have done that and much more platless.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    That's just plain not true. I have dozens of members in my guild who have done that and much more platless.
    season1 or 2player?

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    Gratz I've opened quite a few locks and haven't been "lucky" enough to nab one yet.
    Lolol so because the locks didn't give u one it suddenly needs to be farmable?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Lolol so because the locks didn't give u one it suddenly needs to be farmable?
    I'm afraid that you miss the point here. I would like to see all players have a fair shot at getting the new pet. I knew full well that opening the locks I may not be one of the lucky to get the pet. Why not make where everyone has a honest chance getting this pet? Is that to much to ask for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

ermm sts are gonna decrease maridos drop rate till the 8plat thingy ends then u can see a sudden rise in the loot of maridos once 15plat comes back then again drop just assumptions

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Go loot 1 or 2 recipes from arena and then let's talk about if 20m is possible for a non plat user. Alternatively, you should have been running tombs 2 and 3 while they were scalable and you would not be making this comment.

I can vouch for this. There are players in pheonix who did not have a single arcane item 6-7 months ago but now have arcane pets, arcane ring, etc. It's mostly from running elite maps and being efficient with luck elixirs.
    hmm i will just run out of money to buy ankhs i have heard ppl do 300 runs and still no drop...

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

If Maridos was a farmable pet we will discuss it for weeks about " sts fix the drop rate of recipe and maridos " . Everyone who farms thinks he has a 99% chance to get it.

It is a lottery. But one thing I don't understand though. I don't understand how the maximum pack of platinum costs 90$ and you have 10% chances to get something useful. That's what bothers me. Not to mention ... the cost to open a lock crate is 15 platinum normally . NO guarantees to get something in AL with the biggest pack of platinum purchase ( 1700 plats )
    Last edited by Titanium; 01-23-2015 at 08:00 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    I started during ursoth event and i have that much
    ppl need to stop complaining on forums and focus more on farming/merching

@ post : its an arcane pet, even if it was farmable and wouldnt require anything from plats, it will still be impossible for the poor