Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Making gold in Arlor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Default [GUIDE] Making gold in Arlor!

WELCOME

So your new the game? Have you just moved over from PL/SL/DL? No worries! Gold might seem hard to make in this game but once you get your head around it, it becomes a whole lot easier! In this guide Ill go through how to make gold if your a endgamer or even someone who just downloaded this game. Ill cover every effective easy method I know of and if you have suggestions leave them below! Note: This is an in depth guide and will teach you every effective method that most people use, prepare yourself for a big read. Alot of thought and effort went into creating this.

FOR BEGINNERS

First of, Welcome to AL guys! I know the old legends games have stopped recieving updates but that doesnt mean you arent welcome in AL!

As you start AL, You have 270 gold and 0 plat, when you level to 5 you'll have a total of 7 plat. Now dont feed your pet whatever you do! Its not worth it when you can switch pets to recover happiness on another pet, dont beg! I know its tempting and we've all been in the situation before, but it gives you a bad reputation among all the other players. Go easy on pots and try not to spam as they can be costly for new players. Dont go for the expensive gear you see in the consigment shop (Located in travelers outpost, Kraag, Paradise Pier, Nordr, Shuyal, Expedition Camp, To find the consigment shop look for an NPC with a tiny gold icon above their head that looks like a hammer), You can easily beat the game and level up in cheap affordable legendary gear!

What you should save your gold for is 'The Leprechaun Pendant' Its an amulet that gives you 15% chance to reroll for better loot, what does that mean you ask? From personal experience and in most cases, it seems it takes you up the drop table. Say if you loot a rare, chances are it will reroll into a epic, if you loot an epic, chances are it will reroll into a legendary. This is a key item and a must have for efficient farming.

Now how do you actually make gold in this game? If you have a big wallet in real life, you can buy platinum and with that platinum you can two things. A) Buy locked crates and open them for 15 platinum at a chance at arcanes and mythics (Please note they are incredibly rare) B) You can buy ankh kits from the store and sell them for 60k a piece! They only cost 25 platinum too. Now if you dont have a big wallet theres still many ways to generate gold. You can do free platinum offers and buy ankhs to sell for 60k, with 60k you can buy a great pet from the CS known as malison, good gear and pots, or you can open locks which I strongly recommend you dont do if your short on plat and gold.

Now the item that most players farm for in this game is the 'Locked Grand Crate of The Watch) Its easy but slightly boring, but I recommend it if you are new the game. This is more effective with a Lep Pendant. To farm locks, Go to your allies everytime they have a gift for you (Klaas and Shazbot). If they give you a 25% luck elixir thats great! Head over to Brackenbridge Brackenbridge and farm Jarl Gruwald for locked crates. Remember that they are rare so dont be upset if you dont get one within 10 runs, just keep farming until your luck elixir is over. If you're a higher level this is alot faster as Jarl is easier to kill. Gold isnt too important at a low level anyway so dont force yourself to farm locks or else you'll grow bored and stress. Theres plenty of other things to do such as make new friends, level up and join a guild!

once you finally get a Leprechaun pendant, Wear this every time before you kill a boss and you'll have a 15% chance to reroll. If klaas or shazbot give you a luck elixir thats a 40% chance! So whenever you get a luck elixir take that opportunity to farm some locks in Brackenbridge. Once you have a decent amount of gold (50-100k) I recommend level up, make new friends and enjoy yourselves. If you would like to level up fast get a good party of friends and run The Watchers Tombs. Also make sure to run daily quests, Dont waste any ankhs you get save them for endgame. Thats all on how to make gold if you're a beginner, Enjoy Arlor!

ENDGAMERS

So now your a level 40/41 and want to do 'Hardcore' farming? Well first thing I recommend is you actually get to level 41 as most people tend not to run with level 40s.

The planar tombs is a great way to farm some gold, as you can loot a incredibly rare planar tombs chest which sells for 300-400k, Although be warned, tomb 2 is incredibly difficult and I recommend not to farm there, Farm at tomb 1 which is very easy if a member of the group has a Kelvin (For a guide of Planar Tombs check out the guides section). If you think you are slightly more experienced now and ready for a bigger challenge head over to tomb 3 for double the drops! Get 2 planar fragments and 2 drops instead of just 1. With fragments you can buy a planar tombs chest that costs 40 fragments or a breeze egg that sells for 1.5mil but costs 125 fragments.

Now I recommend you get into a good guild of farmers such as <Elite Runners> or <Enigmatic>. The planar tombs are insanely difficult if you are not well geared, so make sure you get some good gear or no one will want to run with you. Some good, affordable gear is the 'Icescale set' as wearing the whole set gives you +10 primary stat. For rogues get the potency version, For mages thebrutality version and for warriors the assault version. Get a mythic amulet for 100k as its cheap and effective still. And a good level 41 weapon such as the expedition recurve bow for rogues, Planar club for warriors and planar staff for mages.

Once you got some good gear dont stand around in the tombs lobby waiting for an invite, as most people dont invite anyone unless they have arcane/mythic gear, Also make sure you have a good amount of ankhs, or people wont want to run with you! So this is where your guild comes in, Do runs with your guild and farm farm away! Make sure to have your lep pendant equipped just before the boss dies too for a chance at rerolling some sweet loot.

Farming Brackenbridge is still an option, Or you could farm KM3 for locked crates, Its more fun, You get kills there, And runs only take 2-3 minutes, You also have a chance at 3 locked crates because it has 3 bosses! You can also farm pet eggs such as malison at Elite Rooks Nest. Snaggletooth and Wrathjaw at the Elite lost mages mine. Kelvin in Nordr Oltgar keep. They are some of the popular pets that most egg farmers farm.

Another method is to farm Dragkin teeth from Tindirin. with 150 dragkin teeth you can buy a dragonite bar which sells for 2.5-3mil! Farm tindirin wilds, In normal Tindirin wilds teeth are alot rarer and can take 10-20 runs for one tooth, where as elite tindirin wilds give 1 tooth every 2-3 runs and a chance at end Elite Golden Dragonscale chest which sells for 100k. Make sure to do your daily quests as that gold eventually adds up. Thats pretty much it for endgame farming, hope this helped!

ARENA

This place is not recommended unless you have alot of gold and are level 41. The only good worthwhile drop here is the mythic recipe which sells for 13mil but is insanely rare, Some do 100s of runs and never loot it, while some do 10 and get lucky. For this you must have a lot of ankhs, as dying is common and if you dont revive yourself your team will leave. You also get a Arena chest once you beat the arena (Kill all 4 bosses) that has junk in, Or you could be lucky and loot some potions, ankhs, or if you're insanely lucky an arcane fossil. That pretty much sums up arena.

EVENTS

Every now and again Arlor has a seasonal event such as winter event, spring event etc. Now I recommend you are level 40 to farm events as they can be challenging at low levels. Events usually have Tiers which give you rewards, Bronze tends to give a banner, Silver some untradeable chests, And gold a sweet powerful pet egg you can sell for 200k minimum. Platinum tends to give a special item such as a powerful gem. So make sure you run often and get them rewards!

Every event run you do you earn points which help you get up the Tiers. Runs require energy which regenerate every 8 hours, can be bought with plat and gold, or even farmed. To farm energy head over to watchers tombs 4, collect energy essences and craft energy. Every run gives you some tokens so you can buy items from the token vendor at the event such as vanities and pets which you can sell.

Locked crates during this event can be crafted into a special event crate which sells for 30-50k. It takes 3 locks and 3 special event essences which can also be farmed at WT4 (Watchers tombs 4) However you're not done there. It also takes a recipe which can be purchased with event tokens from the event vendor. Thats pretty much it for event farming, like always hope you enjoyed and learnt something!

MERCHING

Merching can be risky, or very rewarding. Merching is the art of buying items for cheap and selling them for expensive, It takes skill, knowledge of prices and timing. If you want to become a professional merch here are some basic tips.

First off I recommend you get a nice amount of gold to start with, 1 mil is a good starting point. Now I STRONGLY recommend you only merch items that you know the values of. Merching is a process that takes time and knowledge of the market. Stalk the market for prices of the item that you want to merch, Remember you want to buy cheap and sell high.

So after you have a good understanding of the items price(How much a cheap one is and how much a expensive one is etc.) search the CS often for a cheap one(note that level affects the price, if its a low level rare item chances are it'll be worth more) See if people in towns are selling it cheap, try and negotiate a little and grab a bargain. Once you get one for cheap atleast try to make 50-100k profit on it. I recommend NOT to list it in CS, as people can and will undercut you depending on how rare the item is. Advertise your item in town and wait until you have a buyer. items that you can merch are:

Vanities
    Arcanes/Mythics
    Rare discontinued pieces of armor/weaponry

Remember merching is a long process and takes skill, I do not recommend this unless you know the prices of items and are willing to take risks. Patience is key. Thats all you should need to know about merching.

CONCLUSION

Hope you all enjoyed this guide! If you have any questions or need help PM me in game on Electrifies. Ill help as much as I can. Remember dont waste your gold on things you dont need. Dont be afraid to ask for help and whatever you do dont beg. Join a guild, be polite and respectful, and people will like you and help you out! Best of luck in Arlor!

-Titanfall
    Last edited by Titanfall; 02-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Nice guide Titan, can you put Merching topic in endgamer or maybe a link directing to a Merching guide please? It's also important topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm View Post
    Nice guide Titan, can you put Merching topic in endgamer or maybe a link directing to a Merching guide please? It's also important topic.
    Im not a merch, But lll update original post with what merching is in the near future!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

when i want to buy the 25 ankh pack it puts : 25 non-tradable ankhs. Do I need to use all 25 for them to be tradable? i'm lost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pekt View Post
    when i want to buy the 25 ankh pack it puts : 25 non-tradable ankhs. Do I need to use all 25 for them to be tradable? i'm lost
    Go on to AL, Tap on your portrait to bring up the menu, go on store (top right) and search for ankhs, buy them and you can sell them. If you open it you can't sell it it becomes untradeable, so don't open them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh okay thanks and thanks for this guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Updated with a merching guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Use more space between some things this looks to much and i get disorganised and im not able to read it that wel.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Use more space between some things this looks to much and i get disorganised and im not able to read it that wel.....
    Working on it right now, sorry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Updated the guide again, Corrected any spelling errors, Made it ALOT more easier to read and more colourful!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Its much better now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Such guide, much color, very wow! Good job Titanab (plox golds sirs?)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Such guide, much color, very wow! Good job Titanab (plox golds sirs?)
    Plox give me 1mils sirs I need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

As for the arena.. I farm 10-20x daily.. And loot reinforced gems daily now as well. I've heard a lot of ppl saying it's a good way to go broke, but honestly, since I've been farming, I've had a consistent growth in gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxdisarrayxx View Post
    As for the arena.. I farm 10-20x daily.. And loot reinforced gems daily now as well. I've heard a lot of ppl saying it's a good way to go broke, but honestly, since I've been farming, I've had a consistent growth in gold
    Im going to revamp this whole guide when the new expansion release, Ill add this to it to thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Not to forget that crafted planar fragments, and dragonite bars are a good source of income too!
    EDIT: Nvm, you mentioned drag bars...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need to know how to create reinforced gem..pls.. And thank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did u get reinforced gems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordieyoung View Post
    How did u get reinforced gems?
    Farm the arena.

It drops from a chest called "Elite masters arena chest". This is a confirmed drop from the 4th boss of the planar arena.

Keep opening those arena chests to get reinforced gems...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Making gold in Arlor in a nutshell: You can't
    Last edited by Noobx; 03-23-2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo