Thread: new idea for lag problems!

Overweightank

Lightbulb new idea for lag problems!

Alright, So I dont know any games who do this, but since we're lagging atleast 95% of the time in the past 5 weeks and its the urching pain that when 1 person dc's or lag spikes (HUGE SCREEN FREEZE FOR LIKE 30SEC - 5MINUTES, THEN DEPENDS HOW RANDOM, A DC) then your WHOLE pt is a fail afterwards. One person disconnects, and its game over.

Now... DO NOT DO THIS FOLLOWING IDEA FOR PVP! do not.. pvp shouldnt be a lag survival zone. do NOT do this for pvp...

For PVE , When you're in maps and you suddently hit a ping spike; when your ping just shoots up and it keeps racking up, and your screen freezes, but you can still die and your game still going on, just YOUR screen is frozen. So thats a HUGE fail!!!

There should be a new feature, when you hit those spikes/racking ping points, You should be a mesh free character. This means, the system detects HUGE lag from your game, and it automaticly makes you frozen, BUT , enemies attacks go through you, you cant die or anything, pets hunger doesnt deminish , and so on, so on. This shouldnt be for 300-2k ping, only big pings (3k+) / DO NOT DO THIS FOR PVP, BECAUSE THEN PEOPLE WILL BE INVINCIBLE 100% OF THE TIME!

Thats my idea. Idk how to do it, im not the programmer for STS, but if you guys at STS can make this happen, Do it. I'm tired of disconnecting over 15 time in a few runs and having to die, lose pet hunger, and waste my pt's time and effort. (Did i mention the dying part?)

Ty for reading, fix this with this solution, either fix the lag, or do this AND fix the lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What you're describing seems impossible because ping quite literally is the time it takes to communicate with the server the game is being hosted on. If you are spiking, it means the connection between your device and the server is lost so there is no way that they can write code that will send an update to the server that makes your character invulnerable for a short period of time.

The only way I could think of that this would be possible is if it is server based code and the server itself sees that there is no response from client side. However, how would the server know the difference between AFK and a disconnect?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This should be added to the code at the server! If any player in a pve map that makes no activities for a few second (for example 2000ms), the server should shield the player until the server detects any activities. The server already has disconnection detection at 2 mins I beleive.

This is not related to AFK since the server does not disconnect AFK players. Although, in a pve map, an AFK player should be disconnected if he/she is not in a party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitamana View Post
    This should be added to the code at the server! If any player in a pve map that makes no activities for a few second (for example 2000ms), the server should shield the player until the server detects any activities. The server already has disconnection detection at 2 mins I beleive.

This is not related to AFK since the server does not disconnect AFK players. Although, in a pve map, an AFK player should be disconnected if he/she is not in a party.
    Then everyone in the zone will just have to stop for 2s in pve and everything is a GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That is AFK. STG server has capability to distinguish AFK from disconnection, so the problem you worry about can easily be avoided. Just to help ping spiking player to avoid unnecessary death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+1 to Overweightank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

STS server is afk. thats why everyone is lagging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    STS server is afk. thats why everyone is lagging
    server is human? servers on KEYBOARDS? AWESOME!

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What you're describing seems impossible because ping quite literally is the time it takes to communicate with the server the game is being hosted on. If you are spiking, it means the connection between your device and the server is lost so there is no way that they can write code that will send an update to the server that makes your character invulnerable for a short period of time.

The only way I could think of that this would be possible is if it is server based code and the server itself sees that there is no response from client side. However, how would the server know the difference between AFK and a disconnect?
    What you're saying is probably true, But As I said "if they can" , it would be great *kinda* if they did this , if they can, I dont know what STS is capable of, but so far, I think Sts could be capable. If you stay afk too long, the game signs out / Disconnects for you. So maybe it could do this. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

ignoring other issues,
    that would lead to anyone capable of coding writing programs to manipulate ping and make themselves incinvible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

a great free way to reduce your lag is to do the following:

1. Open a google chrome tab

2. Type in the address box the following: chrome://plugins

3. Click on the details tab in the upper-right-hand-corner

4. Scroll down or do ctrl+f untill you see adobe flash player/ Pepperflash

Note: There are 2 adobe flash player items.... the one that says pepperflash is not needed and just makes lag.

5. Click disable

5. refresh pl!!

It works for me!

and it worked for others!

http://www.google.com/search?q=peppe...sl&safe=strict
    IGNS: TUBBYBEHR!! LVL 40 REAPER NUKEY. LVL 40 MAGE PALLY SHUMIAN,+ xsmxkitesxfdx ~ 17~ and xsmskitexfdx ~ 27~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyitsTubs For This Useful Post: