Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Class Balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Buff mage until they can 1 shot tank pls...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If we follow this guy posted no one will play mage anymore and become full of rogue and warrior even on clash mage always getting heart attack coz warrior and rogue keep their target most of the time to sorcerer. Pvp need to balance..so frustrating to play sorcerer now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    I'm sorry, but one class should be evenly balanced with with the others...
    We are all designed to have DIFFERENT strengths and weaknesses YES, but having one class over shadow the others is not how mmo games are meant to be played.

Sry but other wise everyone would just play the BEST class
    Which has become the case for many here already
    There's no overshadowing here, just inexperience. As previously mentioned, sorcerer requires the most effort to understand and handle since it's the most technical class to play and be effective with. If you're not, you're either lacking gear, skill, build or experience.

Here's an example of the healthy part of the class balance chain:
    -Three rogues will most likely lose to 2 rogues, one sorcerer.
    -Two rogues, one sorcerer will most likely lose to one warrior, one rogue, one sorcerer.

-Two rogues will most likely lose to one rogue, one sorcerer.
    -One rogue, one sorcerer has an equal chance of beating one warrior, one sorcerer.

Here's an example of the unhealthy part of the class balance chain:
    -Three warriors will most likely win against any combination of three players.
    -Three sorcerers will most likely win against three rogues.

These examples exclude gear and experience differences or the luck-based game changers like maul proc or certain pets' panic/terrify abilities(yet another part of the game based on sheer luck) or terrain advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by eonziggys View Post
    If we follow this guy posted no one will play mage anymore and become full of rogue and warrior even on clash mage always getting heart attack coz warrior and rogue keep their target most of the time to sorcerer. Pvp need to balance..so frustrating to play sorcerer now.
    There are no guidelines to follow or anything of the sort, these are conclusions drawn from facts. Whether you understand that or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    There's no overshadowing here, just inexperience. As previously mentioned, sorcerer requires the most effort to understand and handle since it's the most technical class to play and be effective with. If you're not, you're either lacking gear, skill, build or experience.

Here's an example of the healthy part of the class balance chain:
    -Three rogues will most likely lose to 2 rogues, one sorcerer.
    -Two rogues, one sorcerer will most likely lose to one warrior, one rogue, one sorcerer.

-Two rogues will most likely lose to one rogue, one sorcerer.
    -One rogue, one sorcerer has an equal chance of beating one warrior, one sorcerer.

Here's an example of the unhealthy part of the class balance chain:
    -Three warriors will most likely win against any combination of three players.
    -Three sorcerers will most likely win against three rogues.

These examples exclude gear and experience differences or the luck-based game changers like maul proc or certain pets' panic/terrify abilities(yet another part of the game based on sheer luck) or terrain advantages.

There are no guidelines to follow or anything of the sort, these are conclusions drawn from facts. Whether you understand that or not.
    And the thing is, you rarely see 3 warriors on each time. People usually leave those games. Just like you said, if people played CTF the right way, this whole PVP thing would be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Team death match.

Capture the Flag

They are both team games. Until there is a 1v1 room, it's clear the classes weren't designed to be pitted against each other in a 1v1.

I do agree that Mages need some sort of buff for 1v1, but the fact is the game isn't dssigned for it. So, if that's going to happen, their usefulness in clash should be decreased. That's fair, no? A good sorcerer can make or break a team.
    The problem is I have yet to see any stats or banners given out for being a good teammate or being a good support class. Last time I checked they only give banners for kills and flags. I have suggested in the past that there be some sort of team based stats, but STS has chosen not go in that direction. So until there is some sort of leaderboard that I can land on by being an excellent support class, then I am going to complain about the items that I am ranked on.

And yes, it is correct that sorcerers in PvE rely on their stuns. So in PvP they have for the most part been nerfed. I think pehaps that needs to be reexamined. Obviously they cannot be as powerful as in PvE, but for example, maybe Frost should not freeze the enemy in PvP, but perhaps the slowing should be slightly more extreme than it is. Maybe even only slightly more extreme, but if they were to make very tiny changes in that direction with a couple of sorcerer skills, I think balance could be achieved.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-06-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The problem is I have yet to see any stats or banners given out for being a good teammate or being a good support class. Last time I checked they only give banners for kills and flags. I have suggested in the past that there be some sort of team based stats, but STS has chosen not go in that direction. So until there is some sort of leaderboard that I can land on by being an excellent support class, then I am going to complain about the items that I am ranked on.
    You can't really give AP's for being a good teammate. Honestly, people would actually play if they weren't blinded by AP's and leaderboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

A real pvp system is not a rock paper scissors crap. You idea or understanding of pvp is entirely built on this and sadly limited.

This thread is not meant to pick on your limited knowledge in pvp beyond AL's pvp. Just highlighting to have a broader mind and see something for what it is and not what it is trying to represent. Goes a long way in life. Heck in fact it's what drives you forward in your career and all.

I believe if STG really cared for AL to be a pvp game it would never have been built and left it this way. Thus, I have already pointed out many times that STG just threw in a fake pvp platform to gain completeness in its claim as a full mmo.
    Last edited by Leonut; 02-06-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Let me guess the person who posted this is a rogue...Rogues everywhere!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Dont need to buff mage
    just nerf rogue problem solve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sevenpain View Post
    Dont need to buff mage
    Yea

Wel if rouge can reach olmost the same hp and armor as tank and tank is in pvp only needed for his heal is that clas balance?
    In clash a mage his shield is down a rouge get an clear shot and the mage is gone
    A tank? Thats not more then 2-3 combos for an rouge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Rogues can on shot rogues too. We don't get a shield. Seems like these claims are misplaced. It's not about armor/damage/hp. It's about skill system and team buff/debuff. Rogues are nerfed. I lose 120 dmg from PVE. I'm almost positive Seven has more health, crit, and damage than me, esp in PVP. I'm imbued set of will and planar pendant, just FYI.

Here's my stats in PVP

Name:  PVP Nerf.png
Views: 212
Size:  735.0 KB

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    A real pvp system is not a rock paper scissors crap. You idea or understanding of pvp is entirely built on this and sadly limited.

This thread is not meant to pick on your limited knowledge in pvp beyond AL's pvp. Just highlighting to have a broader mind and see something for what it is and not what it is trying to represent. Goes a long way in life. Heck in fact it's what drives you forward in your career and all.

I believe if STG really cared for AL to be a pvp game it would never have been built and left it this way. Thus, I have already pointed out many times that STG just threw in a fake pvp platform to gain completeness in its claim as a full mmo.
    Do not confuse your own incompetence and lack of skill/experience as an issue of the whole sorcerer class. My statements and comments are made on facts and examples, you're just aimlessly talking bitterly without bringing up neither. And BTW, that's a post not a thread. Lastly, the STS team has already mentioned their focus is not PvP at the moment anyway, no news there. They've done an adequate job either way; not to say that it could not be improved by a lot with a few small tweaks, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    Let me guess the person who posted this is a rogue...Rogues everywhere!
    As previously mentioned, I've been familiar and kept playing sorcerer for four whole seasons while rogue just one so this argument is really baseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenpain View Post
    Dont need to buff mage
    Perhaps you need to review your skill build and timing. It's plain hilarious that as rogue I'm having a harder time beating sorcerers with half your OP gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Well if rouge can reach almost the same hp and armor as tank and tank is in pvp only needed for his heal is that clas balance?
    In clash a mage his shield is down a rouge get an clear shot and the mage is gone
    A tank? Thats not more then 2-3 combos for an rouge.
    This is exactly what I said about inaccuracies. With Imbued gear, rogues can barely reach 1.8k armor while warriors in Imbued are well over 2.3k (both with arcane ring and durable passive). Concerning the HP, maxed-out sorcerers are reaching 5.4-5.6k HP which is a little higher than bow rogues can reach. Bring up a specific example if you want to make that argument and make sure it's on the same gear and rarity tier (eg. do not compare mythic with imbued or mythic ring sorc with arcane ring rogue or non-L41-mythic amulet sorc with L41-amulet rogue).

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I want to rip my hair out reading some of these posts.

Yes team death match has the word team in it. Cool observation. it is not setup/played as such so point is moot. Mmo PVP should be balanced and skill based period. look at any real mmorpg. It's not rocket science.
    Sorc is not a supporter, it's a class, simple. I personally believe skill should ALWAYS determine outcomes in PVP.

As a customer who has spent a lot. I would truely appreciate if the devs can FOR THEIR SELF look at the balance issue in pvp. It should be pretty clear.

Warriors and rouges will continue to dance around the subject with biased opinions.
    Last edited by Sodaisgood; 02-07-2015 at 11:06 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sodaisgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    Rogues can on shot rogues too. We don't get a shield. Seems like these claims are misplaced. It's not about armor/damage/hp. It's about skill system and team buff/debuff. Rogues are nerfed. I lose 120 dmg from PVE. I'm almost positive Seven has more health, crit, and damage than me, esp in PVP. I'm imbued set of will and planar pendant, just FYI.

Here's my stats in PVP

Name:  PVP Nerf.png
Views: 212
Size:  735.0 KB
    Use nekro or 41 mythc daggers theres your shield, wait? Shield is sorcers skil right?

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Do not confuse your own incompetence and lack of skill/experience as an issue of the whole sorcerer class. My statements and comments are made on facts and examples, you're just aimlessly talking bitterly without bringing up neither. And BTW, that's a post not a thread. Lastly, the STS team has already mentioned their focus is not PvP at the moment anyway, no news there. They've done an adequate job either way; not to say that it could not be improved by a lot with a few small tweaks, though.

As previously mentioned, I've been familiar and kept playing sorcerer for four whole seasons while rogue just one so this argument is really baseless.

Perhaps you need to review your skill build and timing. It's plain hilarious that as rogue I'm having a harder time beating sorcerers with half your OP gear.

This is exactly what I said about inaccuracies. With Imbued gear, rogues can barely reach 1.8k armor while warriors in Imbued are well over 2.3k (both with arcane ring and durable passive). Concerning the HP, maxed-out sorcerers are reaching 5.4-5.6k HP which is a little higher than bow rogues can reach. Bring up a specific example if you want to make that argument and make sure it's on the same gear and rarity tier (eg. do not compare mythic with imbued or mythic ring sorc with arcane ring rogue or non-L41-mythic amulet sorc with L41-amulet rogue).
    parhaps you where dreaming when you saw an mage with 6k hp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Use nekro or 41 mythc daggers theres your shield, wait? Shield is sorcers skil right?
    What does that mean? So I can get a shield with nekro and mages can have 2 shields in a row?

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Seriously cmon can people use anything other then a complete maxed mages stats on paper. It means nothing. Minus ring I'm complete yet I have to mash buttons to beat a rouge or warrior rocking 500k gear(yes I hardly pvp in this game) but cmon get real.

Yes there are some great mage pvpers who are skilled in skill/pet/gear switching and timing to just get by. Yet the other classes stand immobile clicking two skill and usually win? Makes sense to me! . keep up all the great unbiased suggestions.
    Last edited by Sodaisgood; 02-07-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Irrelevant. Pets provide the very same stat boosts to both sorcerers and rogues. Using daggers is a choice that only offers barely 200 more HP and ~5% crit in exchange of around 65 damage.

If you're going to compare weapons with procs granted then I guess it's OK to assume the 25% armor debuff from elon rifle is always there, right? Well, no, that's not how comparing works.
    perhaps you where dreaming when you saw an mage with 6k hp.
    It reads 5.4 to 5.6 - I'm not sure where exactly you saw the 6k, unless you don't know what a digit group separator is.

@beer:
    Re-read the first post, again. Sorcerers are designed to be at a disadvantage in 1v1.
    Last edited by Madnex; 02-07-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Sorc is not a supporter, it's a class, simple. I personally believe skill should ALWAYS determine outcomes in PVP.
    Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  61.4 KB
    duck dynasty falls

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

The problem is all you sorcerers and warriors are trying so hard to play like a rogue, YOU'RE NOT A ROGUE! Sorcerers weren't designed to win 1v1s they were designed for team play, have you all forgotten what the word 'team' means? Everyone's been brain washed now that 'Oh I'm a sorc I just lost a 1v1 that clearly means sorcerers need a buff'. Why don't you try playing as a 'Team' playing your individual roles? Instead of trying to act like a rogue in a smurfs body? Your classes weren't designed to win 1v1s.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS