Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing A Class...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Choosing A Class...

I'm new here and I need a little bit of help on choosing a class.

Here's what my preferences are when I'm choosing a class;
    -Good at solo'ing (powerleveling)
    -Survivability
    -Decent damage

I'm more about PvE than PvP.

What class should I choose? Then what builds should I go with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

a mage. you can go palidan (str gear on a mage with high int) or pure mage (works best IMO). you can solo well with a pally and deal nuking powerhouse damge. no too shabby at pvp either. look for Royce, he should be on this thread soon, for more info
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

See, I'd say bird for PvE. Sure, you'll do a lot of kiting the first few levels, but after that....well. Damage is our thing.

ETA: Because I have a brain like a sieve....Welcome!
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Birds best damage relative characters, but not enough health or mana, but still, i favor them over warrior or mage anyday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    a mage. you can go palidan (str gear on a mage with high int) or pure mage (works best IMO). you can solo well with a pally and deal nuking powerhouse damge. no too shabby at pvp either. look for Royce, he should be on this thread soon, for more info
    So I should choose the Enchantress class at the menu for that? I'm kinda confused by that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Mage - good solo, up to current level dungeons. They are incredibly weak with armor and health, so they stay in the back of the group. BUT in return for their incredibly weak defense, they have outstanding attack. My mage is dishing out thousands of damage per second with its nuclear-level arsenal of multiple target damage spells. You do not want to find yourself sitting in a room with several other people when the mage comes barreling through, you better hide behind something as fast as possible. That might not even save you, the mage can freeze you where you stand, rain lightning on you, and then oh so brutally finish you off with a side of massive fire balls. IF you are still alive, the mage can be cruel and cast a nightmare on you, that will leave you mentally scarred for the rest of your life.

Cough* If your after PvE, this bad boy of a class is your choice *cough.

Mages use a lot of health potions, but relatively no mana potions. So if you enjoy sending a downpour of hell upon your enemies, the mage is your class. Code name for mages: Nuke Mage.

Bird - The bird the king of PvP and the king of 1v1 damage. Birds have medium to low survivability, high range, medium to low regeneration and high to insane damage. The bird is like a sniper who snipes with a mini-gun. If you find yourself in the scope of a bird, you better pray that a higher power is looking after you. The bird has skills so powerful, its said it can strip a man of his manhood in under a second, along with his life. The bird can shatter your armor, root you to the ground, and blow you up with explosive arrows. Certainly not a class to be messed with.

Birds don't use many health potions, but guzzle mana potions like a hummer guzzles gas.

Bears... poor poor bears.. Only thing I can say about them is.. They are a reinforced tank, that shoots air-soft gun pellets at you. The bear is incredibly underpowered damage wise, and is balanced in its tanking ability. Only a few bears have ever become skilled enough to succeed in PvP or properly protect his party members in a dungeon.

Summary:

Mage -
    Strength: Massive attack
    Weakness: Incredibly low survivability
    Abilities: massive multiple target damage ability
    Very high health potion consumption rate.

Bird -
    Strength: Long range and incredibly potent 1v1 damage spells
    Weakness: Low survivability and has low damage for multiple targets.
    Abilities: Completely shattering a opponents armor, remove their ability to dodge, and even root them to the ground, while you rain arrows down on them.
    Very high mana potion consumption rate.

Bear -
    Strength: Super super high survivability
    Weakness: Very low damage, and can easily be kited.
    Abilities: Can stun several opponents at once, drag them all close to you, then stomp them silly.
    Lowest potion consumption rate of all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Caccavari View Post
    So I should choose the Enchantress class at the menu for that? I'm kinda confused by that.
    What he means is once you choose a mage, you can make a mage sub-class, or a Paladin. A Paladin is a Enchantress that wears strength gear for higher survivability, but at the cost of loosing the range and replacing it with a sword, and lower damage.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-06-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Mage - good solo, up to current level dungeons. They are incredibly weak with armor and health, so they stay in the back of the group. BUT in return for their incredibly weak defense, they have outstanding attack. My mage is dishing out thousands of damage per second with its nuclear-level arsenal of multiple target damage spells. You do not want to find yourself sitting in a room with several other people when the mage comes barreling through, you better hide behind something as fast as possible. That might not even save you, the mage can freeze you where you stand, rain lightning on you, and then oh so brutally finish you off with a side of massive fire balls. IF you are still alive, the mage can be cruel and cast a nightmare on you, that will leave you mentally scarred for the rest of your life.

Cough* If your after PvE, this bad boy of a class is your choice *cough.

Mages use a lot of health potions, but relatively no mana potions. So if you enjoy sending a downpour of hell upon your enemies, the mage is your class. Code name for mages: Nuke Mage.

Bird - The bird the king of PvP and the king of 1v1 damage. Birds have medium to low survivability, high range, medium to low regeneration and high to insane damage. The bird is like a sniper who snipes with a mini-gun. If you find yourself in the scope of a bird, you better pray that a higher power is looking after you. The bird has skills so powerful, its said it can strip a man of his manhood in under a second, along with his life. The bird can shatter your armor, root you to the ground, and blow you up with explosive arrows. Certainly not a class to be messed with.

Birds don't use many health potions, but guzzle mana potions like a hummer guzzles gas.

Bears... poor poor bears.. Only thing I can say about them is.. They are a reinforced tank, that shoots air-soft gun pellets at you. The bear is incredibly underpowered damage wise, and is balanced in its tanking ability. Only a few bears have ever become skilled enough to succeed in PvP or properly protect his party members in a dungeon.

Summary:

Mage -
    Strength: Massive attack
    Weakness: Incredibly low survivability
    Abilities: massive multiple target damage ability
    Very high health potion consumption rate.

Bird -
    Strength: Long range and incredibly potent 1v1 damage spells
    Weakness: Low survivability and has low damage for multiple targets.
    Abilities: Completely shattering a opponents armor, remove their ability to dodge, and even root them to the ground, while you rain arrows down on them.
    Very high mana potion consumption rate.

Bear -
    Strength: Super super high survivability
    Weakness: Very low damage, and can easily be kited.
    Abilities: Can stun several opponents at once, drag them all close to you, then stomp them silly.
    Lowest potion consumption rate of all classes.

What he means is once you choose a mage, you can make a mage sub-class, or a Paladin. A Paladin is a Enchantress that wears strength gear for higher survivability, but at the cost of loosing the range and replacing it with a sword, and lower damage.
    Thanks for the help. I'll most likely be choosing a mage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thanks for the help. I'll most likely be choosing a mage.
    I like you already Enchantress power!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't have any problems with soloing with any class. Bears actually survive best, but need extra damage to solo well. I usually get that through a damage pot. I think there's usually a way to play well. It just sometimes takes a little thought and lots of trial and error... and trial and error... and trial and error...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like you already Enchantress power!!!
    Now I'm just confused about the campaigns. Can you give me any help with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

would u recomand mage too! i will get addicted soon and try out all classes

why are u confused about campaigns?
    would recomand to buy almost all (may not skeller returns and frozen nightmares) and play through all until reaching the level cap. do not use much XP pots, learn to play with ur class and be pacient!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    would u recomand mage too! i will get addicted soon and try out all classes

why are u confused about campaigns?
    would recomand to buy almost all (may not skeller returns and frozen nightmares) and play through all until reaching the level cap. do not use much XP pots, learn to play with ur class and be pacient!
    How much are all of them? If I don't buy them will I not be able to go past a certain level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

You can see the order the campaigns are in by clicking host game and scanning through to the next camaign. I would recomend buying, balfort Castle (you get the auction house so you can merchant), then fathom crypt, then lost expedititon, then the ancient swamps (by now you should be. Getting the hang of it if you are a avid forum user)skip alien oasis 1 and skeller Crunch and instead buy alien oasis 2, then alien oasis 3, balfort sewers etc. Good luck, pm me for assistance
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

True. All so very, very true. Especially the bolded part.

An excellent summary, Pharcyde! Bravo!
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Paladin! Good to survive and okay to deal damage ;-)
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

birds may dominate lvl 40 pvp and above but i still think a pally or int mage fits his needs. e doesnt want to guzzle pot, he wants to solo maps (easily done with kiting and mana sheld, plus a pallys armor) and mages can do very well at endgame pvp
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

birds may dominate lvl 40 pvp and above but i still think a pally or int mage fits his needs. e doesnt want to guzzle pot, he wants to solo maps (easily done with kiting and mana sheld, plus a pallys armor) and mages can do very well at endgame pvp
    No offense to pallys (or bears!) and I admit to a certain birdly predjudice but I was going with this statement from his first post:

"I'm more about PvE than PvP."

Birds are lovely in PvP, but we rock in PvE, too. (My purely 100% biased opinion, lol.) And we're cute! Did I mention cute? (Okay, so bears are cuddlier, I admit.) And Fallen, mage is an excellent choice, too. Riccits has it right, though--eventually you'll be hooked and try them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    Paladin! Good to survive and okay to deal damage ;-)
    What level can I turn Paladin?

You can see the order the campaigns are in by clicking host game and scanning through to the next camaign. I would recomend buying, balfort Castle (you get the auction house so you can merchant), then fathom crypt, then lost expedititon, then the ancient swamps (by now you should be. Getting the hang of it if you are a avid forum user)skip alien oasis 1 and skeller Crunch and instead buy alien oasis 2, then alien oasis 3, balfort sewers etc. Good luck, pm me for assistance
    I'm thinking about buying the 800 Platnium Package, would that be enough?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

What level can I turn Paladin?

I'm thinking about buying the 800 Platnium Package, would that be enough?
    yes that would be enough for all the packs and almost everything else you will ever need. I have been playing for almsot a year and ive used 547 plat. I would recomend staying pure int until 30 (so you dont chug mana pots and the mobs are easy) then buy full iceberg str gear (plate, hatchet,shield) along with any helm lvl 25-30. that will last you until deep in ou lvl 30's. also dont go all str pally. I recomend minimum in str then put the rest into int. although not terribly high hit level, you will have good h/s, m/s, huge spell damage, great armor.
    Last edited by Conradin; 03-07-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes that would be enough for all the packs and almost everything else you will ever need. I have been playing for almsot a year and ive used 547 plat
    What things should I buy right away with Plat besides the Campaigns.