Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing A Class...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You can buy dungeon bundles to save a little over the individual maps.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I'm not certain, but I think you get 2 free character slots, so you're not limited to one....

So..... make both a mage and an archer.... BONUS!!!!

Play around levelling them both up and if a particular build type (ie all INT mage) isn't going as you want it to, then just RESPEC for 2 platinum.

See my link in my sig to a list of some of the best guides the top players have made on the various subjects. You could spend lots of time reading them (fully advised) but don't forget to balance it out with actually playing the game, and as already said don't level too quickly. Enjoy the ride, or you'll be at level 56 in no time moaning that your bored, but will have missed out on so much of the great content in the game.

Last edited by Redbridge; 04-17-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

you dont need to buy anything right away. but on holidays special campaigns come out, vanity items and items sets rock (vanity sets are 5 plat while sets are 35)
    when you hit level 20, you can either use mitch match gear, or if you have 800 plat, would buy the lvl 20 four piece item pack for a mage (it rocks) besides that more campagns will come out, you will need respecs to change from mage to pally if you want. as well as custimization on you characters face (visit a magic miror) there ae lots of ways to sped plat. i would recomend to make it last tho- you never know when you mght need plat (like me, im all out and have to rely on free palt til my birthday, in 7 days). anyways theres my advice, pm me if you have questions. - i almost forgot about other char spot, i have 16 characters atm.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    you dont need to buy anything right away. but on holidays special campaigns come out, vanity items and items sets rock (vanity sets are 5 plat while sets are 35)
    when you hit level 20, you can either use mitch match gear, or if you have 800 plat, would buy the lvl 20 four piece item pack for a mage (it rocks) besides that more campagns will come out, you will need respecs to change from mage to pally if you want. as well as custimization on you characters face (visit a magic miror) there ae lots of ways to sped plat. i would recomend to make it last tho- you never know when you mght need plat (like me, im all out and have to rely on free palt til my birthday, in 7 days). anyways theres my advice, pm me if you have questions. - i almost forgot about other char spot, i have 16 characters atm.
    What level do I have to be to become a Paladin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Caccavari View Post
    What level do I have to be to become a Paladin?
    You don't have to hit any "level". A pally is just a mgae that wear str armor. I'll show you a picture of one I'd you would like. I recommend turning yourself pally at lvl 30
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

You should try all 3 and decide for yourself... That's what I did and settled on pally (enchantress) as my favorite class BUT all 3 classes are a lot of fun to play!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    You don't have to hit any "level". A pally is just a mgae that wear str armor. I'll show you a picture of one I'd you would like. I recommend turning yourself pally at lvl 30
    Alright, that would be great if you could.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

At lvl 50 u need 128 str and 128 int ... so go for 128 int and then start taking points in str then read Ellyidols Dual spec guide ;-)
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have multiple characters in all the classes and use them all. You should definitely try multiple classes and maybe pures (INT mage, DEX bird, STR bear) before going hybrid (STR mage, STR bird, DEX bear, etc). Other than the next campaign or campaign bundle or temporary holiday items (none at moment), don't spend any plat until you get more familiar with the game. Maybe level to like 25 or 30 before deciding.

Thinking back I think besides campaigns, the first things I used plat on were more character slots, stash slots and inventory slots. However, try to read up on plat items or ask around before buying. Inventory slots, for example, are specific to a character, so don't get it for any character you might be deleting or you will lose those slots. Stash slots are by account so you can get those immediately.

You can check out prices in the plat store. Check out how much plat for the stuff you want to purchase, add it up and ponder buying that many plat. 800, BTW, will last you quite awhile unless you are buying a lot of equipped items.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing a mage and I've enjoyed it a lot.

The only problem I have is my thumb for the joystick on touchscreen gets dry every so often and makes it difficult for me to move when I want. Any tips? I have a Droid 1 with a screen protector if that makes any difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally i prefer the Enchantress alot, especially for starting out (new players). Good damage and survivability (ability to heal, revive, shield..ect.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Caccavari View Post
    I've been playing a mage and I've enjoyed it a lot.

The only problem I have is my thumb for the joystick on touchscreen gets dry every so often and makes it difficult for me to move when I want. Any tips? I have a Droid 1 with a screen protector if that makes any difference.
    You can always use the 'tap to move' feature instead of the joystick

Last edited by Wrap; 03-08-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Physiologic's threads about Archers has caught my eye, I'll definitely be playing a Bird.

Thanks Physiologic, you're my hero. (;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mage all the way!