Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fix to timers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Lightbulb A fix to timers

So there has been a lot of arguments about bringing the timer back. Well I have an idea!
    • Give people three times to rejoin the map. They must be in the party.
    • If a party chooses to turn the timer off, the map will be scaled to 4 people at all times. It's to remove the exploits.
    • The elite leaderboard should be removed and it should be replaced with a better idea. The same people win it each time, and I think STS should start expanding it to a bigger population.
    • STS should start conducting server tests every week to test the servers.
    • Loot should be automatically binded to a character if they want to run without the timers. This means that these players will not be able to trade, give, or sell it in auction. This will prevent the elite market from crashing.

This thread is open to more suggestions, I will add more!
    Obee, the fun loving Mage.
    Last edited by obee; 02-11-2015 at 03:52 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    So there has been a lot of arguments about bringing the timer back. Well I have an idea!

The elite leaderboard should be removed and it should be replaced with a better idea. The same people win it each time, and I think STS should start expanding it to a bigger population.
    I completely agree with this one.
    Last edited by Nheedles; 02-11-2015 at 08:20 AM.

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

If a party chooses to turn the scale off, the map will be scaled to 4 people at all times. It's to remove the exploits.
    Sorry but this doesnt make any sense. Turn scale off? Scale should never been an exploit and I dont know why STS is taking so long to fix it.

U want to be able to rejoin if u dc? I think its fair to ask, and if that is the case, turn the timers off....but, mobs should always be scaled to the amount of players runing the map.

I personally think that this timer thing makes no sense. No one was complaining about it when there was no lag/dc issue and Im not on USA, I run constantly with people not from USA and I havent DC or see any DCs in a lot of time. So please spare yourself from posting this as an excuse....

As far as the scaling issue goes, you can see how it crashed the marked. Elilte maps are suposed to be Elite, hard, dificult and chalenging and players who are able to run it should receive better loot.
    Planar chests are selling for 240k give or take, and if this exploit issue is not fixed they will be 100k in 2 weeks. Considering that they dont drop so often and the cost of runing the map, it is too low to make up for ankhs/pots.

About the Elite leaderbord removed, again, bad idea, always same people win coz its only a handfull of people who put time into finding the best and fastest ways to run those maps and they enjoy doing it. Im a warr, Ill never be on LB and I dont complain about it, i could try to switch classes and work my *** off to be aknowledged as a valid timer runner but its not my thing, its their thing. How many times u tried to do timed runs?

I really dont see the point in all of your suggestions....none of them will contribute to making a better gaming experience and fixing the current issues/exploits on game.
    Last edited by ueveotadeo; 02-11-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Bad Word XD I was angry when i saw this post

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Why should loot be bound if the maps are properly scaled without a timer? Just bc you don't run with a timer doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to sell your loot if you are running the same difficulty as people with timers. No one would run untimed maps if the loot was bound, that would completely defeat the purpose of having a timed and non-timed option.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I et turn the timer off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Some of you people are making it sound as if everyone, who has a different opinion on the matter, is some kind of a cheat, who can't do **** in this game, and that's why they are making up excuses.

And about planar loot. The times when Breeze was 3m and chests were 1m+ are never coming back, timers or no timers. I find it a waste of time to argue on the topic, so I'll just quote one of you:

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Farming dark gear to make into imbued is pretty pointless at the moment, since that gear will undoubtedly be obsolete within a few months.
    This has to do with timers being taken off how exactly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Some of you people are making it sound as if everyone, who has a different opinion on the matter, is some kind of a cheat, who can't do **** in this game, and that's why they are making up excuses.

And about planar loot. The times when Breeze was 3m and chests were 1m+ are never coming back, timers or no timers. I find it a waste of time to argue on the topic, so I'll just quote one of you:
    I dont mean to say that people are cheaters or that they are stupid or anything, dont see why u are taking this so personal.

I meant that elites are suposed to be crazy difficult. Low geared people have been able to run tombs with the Scale exploit and with that mess that STS made with Breeze, despite of their possible lack of skills. Please lets not start arguing about gear/skills its not the point of this thread.

I agree, loot will never go back to that value, but this would lead us to a debate about the lack of gold being injected into economy and the lack of response of STS on this subject. Nonetheless there is also the demand/suply thing and right now we have a bigger suply, due to those exploits being, to the same demand, which inevitably will bring the price down.

Scaling is an exploit well known to STS and should be fixed or else what is the point in spending millions of gold on the best equip available if Elites are not Elites (by that I dont mean that gear should have bigger impact than skills, it should just make it easier to run Elites)?

Before you start making it more personal and pointing fingers, yes, I scale T3, the map became boring as hell and I realy want either Timers back or this exploit fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Obee, I have been playing this game for 1.5 years. In that time, I have played with people all across the world. I have noticed that people in the Phillipines and people in Eastern Asia have the worst connection issues. Seemingly, this has always been the case and there's nothing that can be done to resolve this without STS putting up new servers in those countries and also to ask those countries to provide better networks. It's just not practical.

The timer issue has NOTHING to do with that. I don't know if you were even playing when the DC issue happened a few months ago or not, but it was to the point that people were getting DC just standing in town. It was a game wide problem and it had nothing to do with the lag that was always present to the same old people. Quite frankly, I don't know why you are so against the timers because in the 1.5 years I have been playing this game, I have never once (not a single time) seen you on an elite run, I have never once seen you in a town, in PVP or in any map for that matter. So, I don't know why you care so much.

The timers being removed is something that is destroying the game play for a lot of people for various reasons. As people have tried to explain to you, the elite loot prices are already trashed. The leaderboard players are bored. There are currently people running end game elite maps that have neither the skill, nor the gear to do so. However, those people are now spoiled and used to thinking that they're capable of elite maps. What will happen at next expansion? I'll give you one guess...all of them will cry and STS will nerf the new elite maps so that it will be boring for everyone else. I strongly urge you to consider the definition of the word "Elite" and you will recognize that it is not meant to include the masses, but rather to top few.
    So only the top few can run elite. Makes no sense. As you can see I want a compromise, please read what I said. I've been playing since release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

So only the top few can run elite.
    Of course....why would it be called elite otherwise?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

So only the top few can run elite. Makes no sense. As you can see I want a compromise, please read what I said. I've been playing since release.
    If you're a normal average player, go farm normal maps. If you're a skilled (or as in most cases geared) ELITE player, go run ELITE.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Of course....why would it be called elite otherwise?
    But a lot of people run elite. Honestly, it shouldn't be closed to just the top geared people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Yes it should. It should give the top geared AND skilled players a challenge. Contrarily, it should be a goal for people who cannot run those maps. It gives them something to work towards. I told the story in another thread about when I first started playing this game. I started during the shuyal campaign and for the life of me I couldn't beat Elite Inan. I mean he was so difficult that I could not fathom how anyone could beat him. I only heard rumors about the full mythic players beating him. I watched Youtube videos of Boss killing him and it gave me something to work towards. This became my goal and I worked hard on the maps that I was able to play until one day I was able to beat Inan and it was a great day for me. On the other hand, if I was able to beat him on my first try, how fun would this game be? I can tell you that I wouldn't be playing still.

I also feel that you're playing devils advocate and it's not helping bro. Rather than just generalizing, please tell us how this is going to impact you specifically. I mean, this thread wasn't necessary. I had already created a thread on this topic, which you commented on and we all had a discussion going. Nonetheless, you decided to make a whole new thread (which you're entitled to doing) and now we have the same discussion running in two different threads.

You should also take into consideration that unless Elite maps are extremely hard, warriors are useless in this game and this game was designed to be played with a warrior in the PT.
    The other thread really didn't have a compromise. This will eliminate the exploits, and also, if the maps are constantly scaled to 4 players, that will make it harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  190.9 KBI don't live overseas btw, and I've had some insane lag problems today. 4 bars of wifi.
    Last edited by obee; 02-11-2015 at 03:20 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm for timers coming back. It gives me a refreshing challenge. I have the gear now and thanks to elite runners for teaching me how to run the maps properly. I'm against the scaling I think elite should be for the elite players. I don't agree with the idea of loot being bounded to players. Seems like punishment

Overweightank

• Give people three times to rejoin the map. They must be in the party.
    • If a party chooses to turn the timer off, the map will be scaled to 4 people at all times. It's to remove the exploits.
    • The elite leaderboard should be removed and it should be replaced with a better idea. The same people win it each time, and I think STS should start expanding it to a bigger population.
    • STS should start conducting server tests every week to test the servers.
    • Loot should be automatically binded to a character if they want to run without the timers. This means that these players will not be able to trade, give, or sell it in auction. This will prevent the elite market from crashing.

This thread is open to more suggestions, I will add more!
    Obee, the fun loving Mage.
    Yes, this is perfect plan. Makes me happy, finally someone sees the issues with elites. one of reasons i barely run.

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Yes...the same people win it every time...easily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Firstl, about Leaderboard:
    -Yes, same people win every time, but tell me, how many tries have u made to be on that Leaderboard? They win coz they work their a** off for it. Timed runs can be realy stressing, kill exact number, run fast, kill fast....I never done but I admire those guys. So stop that stupid crying and start working if you realy want to be ackowledge there.

Second, Timers:
    -As far as I know they have been there for a long time and have been turned off due to the lag/dcs that were ocurring during last Halloween event. But again, let me ask, Overweightank for example, Im your guildmate and I never saw you runing a single elite map, and when I say elite I mean the hard ones, Shuyal, Tindirim, Planar Tombs. And dont give me that equip bs coz I have seen your stats and you should be perfectly capable at runing those maps. I dont know Obee but I believe in what Shiny said.

Finally, economy:
    -If you guys realy think that timers and elite loot will fix/solve anything you are plain simple wrong. Economy issues are much broader than simple elite runs. There is no pure gold entering game besides the low amount generated by poping locks. Since plat farmers are gonne (mostly at least), gold stoped being introduced on market, thats one of the most important reasons that makes prices reaching a new low. If STS dont fix this issue, soon enough all deals will be trade based on items, no gold involved coz there will be simply no gold left in game.

Now lets go over your sugestions:

Give people three times to rejoin the map. They must be in the party.
    So, how will u control scaling exploit? Make a PT of 3 rogues, 1 mage, initialy let one rogue out, 3 of them clean the map real fast and last rogue join on boss....or make it a warr if u want....so many ways to exploit this....

If a party chooses to turn the timer off, the map will be scaled to 4 people at all times. It's to remove the exploits.
    Why the hell would someone turn the timers off then? Imagine you have a pt of 1 warr and 2 rogues and they cand find the last member, would you realy think that they would chose to run non-timed? What diference it makes to you if its timed or not since you are not going to lb? Actualy I think it should always be timed. That way you can compare tactics and gear effects on your runs and decide which is the best to employ.

The elite leaderboard should be removed and it should be replaced with a better idea. The same people win it each time, and I think STS should start expanding it to a bigger population.
    Elites are suposed to be elites and nowadays, all timed runs leaderboards are the only ones deserving some kcnowledge due to pvp kill farming and pve bot farming.

STS should start conducting server tests every week to test the servers.
    Well....this one...you are probably young or not an IT worker, but let me say this, if they didnt have any way of measuring server performance and capability in any due time, the game would be exclusively played in USA, most probably in the state where they have the servers.

Loot should be automatically binded to a character if they want to run without the timers. This means that these players will not be able to trade, give, or sell it in auction. This will prevent the elite market from crashing.
    This defeats the whole purpose of runing elites, which is to have access to better loot.

Ill make some of Shiny words my own. First time I run an Elite I was so nab and so undergeared that I spent most of the time dead...I made that my goal, to learn how to run elites, and back when I started learning I didnt have realy good gear....that came after. I know gear makes a huge diff, but one step at a time. Im not preventing anyone from runing elites with my statements. Im just saying that if you wanna run, you must first work your a** off to develop skills and gather gold for equip.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Firstl, about Leaderboard:
    -Yes, same people win every time, but tell me, how many tries have u made to be on that Leaderboard? They win coz they work their a** off for it. Timed runs can be realy stressing, kill exact number, run fast, kill fast....I never done but I admire those guys. So stop that stupid crying and start working if you realy want to be ackowledge there.

Second, Timers:
    -As far as I know they have been there for a long time and have been turned off due to the lag/dcs that were ocurring during last Halloween event. But again, let me ask, Overweightank for example, Im your guildmate and I never saw you runing a single elite map, and when I say elite I mean the hard ones, Shuyal, Tindirim, Planar Tombs. And dont give me that equip bs coz I have seen your stats and you should be perfectly capable at runing those maps. I dont know Obee but I believe in what Shiny said.

Finally, economy:
    -If you guys realy think that timers and elite loot will fix/solve anything you are plain simple wrong. Economy issues are much broader than simple elite runs. There is no pure gold entering game besides the low amount generated by poping locks. Since plat farmers are gonne (mostly at least), gold stoped being introduced on market, thats one of the most important reasons that makes prices reaching a new low. If STS dont fix this issue, soon enough all deals will be trade based on items, no gold involved coz there will be simply no gold left in game.

Now lets go over your sugestions:

Give people three times to rejoin the map. They must be in the party.
    So, how will u control scaling exploit? Make a PT of 3 rogues, 1 mage, initialy let one rogue out, 3 of them clean the map real fast and last rogue join on boss....or make it a warr if u want....so many ways to exploit this....

If a party chooses to turn the timer off, the map will be scaled to 4 people at all times. It's to remove the exploits.
    Why the hell would someone turn the timers off then? Imagine you have a pt of 1 warr and 2 rogues and they cand find the last member, would you realy think that they would chose to run non-timed? What diference it makes to you if its timed or not since you are not going to lb? Actualy I think it should always be timed. That way you can compare tactics and gear effects on your runs and decide which is the best to employ.

Elites are suposed to be elites and nowadays, all timed runs leaderboards are the only ones deserving some kcnowledge due to pvp kill farming and pve bot farming.

STS should start conducting server tests every week to test the servers.
    Well....this one...you are probably young or not an IT worker, but let me say this, if they didnt have any way of measuring server performance and capability in any due time, the game would be exclusively played in USA, most probably in the state where they have the servers.

Loot should be automatically binded to a character if they want to run without the timers. This means that these players will not be able to trade, give, or sell it in auction. This will prevent the elite market from crashing.
    This defeats the whole purpose of runing elites, which is to have access to better loot.

Ill make some of Shiny words my own. First time I run an Elite I was so nab and so undergeared that I spent most of the time dead...I made that my goal, to learn how to run elites, and back when I started learning I didnt have realy good gear....that came after. I know gear makes a huge diff, but one step at a time. Im not preventing anyone from runing elites with my statements. Im just saying that if you wanna run, you must first work your a** off to develop skills and gather gold for equip.
    First of all, I'm not crying. I can try as hard as I want, I won't make LB just because of gear. You know that for a fact. Stop this "crying" nonsense, most annoying word that people use all the time. LB should be changed more people have a chance to get on it. Second, I just made suggestions I don't know why everyone is pissed about it. Can't blame a kid for trying.
    Last edited by obee; 02-12-2015 at 05:24 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

First of all, I'm not crying. I can try as hard as I want, I won't make LB just because of gear. You know that for a fact. Stop this "crying" nonsense, most annoying word that people use all the time. LB should be changed more people have a chance to get on it. Second, I just made suggestions I don't know why everyone is pissed about it. Can't blame a kid for trying.
    Obee's right, LB is hard to get into, everyone who's on it (other than kill farmers and exploiters) are deserving. but we need something new and fresh.

Economy: the economy plummeting down has nothing to do with elites. its all the plat farmers gone and so on. I blame other things, look something besides elites. honestly... and stop picking on this guy for everything and dont use the word cry. I hate that word... its offending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Well, I will rest my case here. I made my points.

And about the LB thing, you giys wanna be ackowledged in the same way elite timed runners are but with less effort?

Hhhmmmmm.....a word has just ocurred to me....