Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Harvesting in Plasma Pyramid - Optimal method

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Gold Harvesting in Plasma Pyramid - Optimal method

EDIT: This will be updated to take GCD into consideration in the near future. Untill then, this is all for pre-GCD.

Since Plasma Pyramid is most likely the most mainstream dungeuon people farm for gold on, I decided to see if it was really worth all the hype to pass up gaining xp, for farming for gold there.

Keep in mind I went into plasma with zero pots, and harvested 25 of each, then stashed. You can harvest a ton of pots here as well and end up saving yourself a ton more. These pots were not amortized into the Gold/Hour calculation

A few things to note:

I used a level 52 pure int mage for all farming.
    I soloed every run on a password protected map (to ensure validity of my results).
    I broke every chest, even ones at the beginning.
    For the "Killing NO Bosses" section, I ran through the entire map and killed every single mob except for the bosses/minibosses. So, out of a total 179 mobs on the countdown, I killed 174 (3 boss, 2 mini).
    For the "Not even walking into boss/miniboss areas" section, I killed all mobs in the zig-zag areas, and then went straight into the (i call it the second room, it's the one leading to B'TOXX i believe (the tank version of the aliens)) room with just mobs and killed them as well. This led to me killing a total of 114 mobs.
    For the liquidation section. I liquidated all drops green and under. This was added into the gold per hour calculation.
    Time was recorded using time spent in the actual dungeon from first movement of my joystick, to final mob killed. (in seconds)

Below are my findings from my test of different methods farming Plasma Pyramid:

Analyzation:
    First, we see that the mainstream was right, and this map is very profitable with max profit of about 63753 gold per hour. The second method, Killing NO bosses, was also rather profitable, but I would NOT recommend due to two reasons. One, you don't get any pink or purple drops, and two, it is VERY annoying trying to run through the mini bosses while the grab you and stop your movement. It's just honestly not worth the hastle. Also, I would recommended doing this map solo as you will make far more gold than with a group. In a group you split the gold between everyone, i.e. 62753/5 (for a full group) = 12550.6 gold per hour. The first method is not very profitable in gold, but you do get a lot of pinks and purples.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks.

edit: of course I cut off the average from the bottom stats. I'll fix that later.
    Last edited by noneo; 04-12-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to noneo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nicely done buddy. I only kill the marauders. Did I get the name right? Anyway, I kill up to the first boss and restart. I acquire around 4-4.3k gold per run which is around 3-4 minutes. That's roughly 76k gold per hour. So you made this one really really well and if there was a rep button, I'd click it. But then again, I'll just link this in my sig.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, very nice information to see! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
    IGN: Oewaden 55 Bear tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Nice figures.

Are those gold/hour calculations including the small gaps in between like creating of new games? I always thought gold/hour was at about 50k, must have been mistaken

Good to know! Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Nice figures.

Are those gold/hour calculations including the small gaps in between like creating of new games? I always thought gold/hour was at about 50k, must have been mistaken

Good to know! Thanks
    No they are not included. I actually went to forest haven after every run, then stashed all gold and pots. I didnt want to skew the data with this time. These numbers are only pertaining to actual time spent in the dungeon.

Thanks for the support and the link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    No they are not included. I actually went to forest haven after every run, then stashed all gold and pots. I didnt want to skew the data with this time. These numbers are only pertaining to actual time spent in the dungeon.

Thanks for the support and the link
    True. If i could ask for an estimate to that additional hour spent in the dungeon, what would it be? 30 minutes more? If i do plan to stash my pots after the dungeon I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thats about right. Nice calculations. I've have been farming Plasma for quite sometime too. I do like to kill every enemy except the bosses because they take to much time and the pinks are not worth anything and with the mini bosses I train them while killing the mobs till they die eventually. My runs killing only the mini bosses take about 4-5 minutes netting about 3.8-5k. And farming pots really help on the long run.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

True. If i could ask for an estimate to that additional hour spent in the dungeon, what would it be? 30 minutes more? If i do plan to stash my pots after the dungeon I mean.
    Ill do a few time studies and get you some data soon. Might take a bit cause im gonna check out the new AO town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Ill do a few time studies and get you some data soon. Might take a bit cause im gonna check out the new AO town
    Oh, you don't have to, thanks just wondering since you had the time to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A reason why I still farm PP solo is simply because you can play while watching TV and enjoy killing with no lag. It's a great place to run to get some cash at hand to buy them gambling pots.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Elly from my experience with Plasma if you can get the runs completed between 4 to 4:30 and stash them you can net around 55-60k without breaks and 325-375 from each type of pot.

Also you could go to the first stage of AO2 there are about 140 mobs and only 1 boss no mini bosses and it can be done in less than 4min and it nets around 4k plus pots.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Elly from my experience with Plasma if you can get the runs completed between 4 to 4:30 and stash them you can net around 55-60k without breaks and 325-375 from each type of pot.

Also you could go to the first stage of AO2 there are about 140 mobs and only 1 boss no mini bosses and it can be done in less than 4min and it nets around 4k plus pots.
    Alright, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

How do you farm pots? I am aware this may be a noob question. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    How do you farm pots? I am aware this may be a noob question. Lol.
    Go to the stash and stash all your pots. Then make a plasma pyramid run for example and mobs and chest will drop pots till you reach 25 of each type of pot. If you are in a group the pots will drop to the first person that gets inside the dungeon only.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wow! That's a lot of very careful data gathering. Thank you for putting this together!!

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    How do you farm pots?
    As long as you have under 25 pots of each kind on you, you will randomly loot some from mobs and chests.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalielle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Go to the stash and stash all your pots. Then make a plasma pyramid run for example and mobs and chest will drop pots till you reach 25 of each type of pot. If you are in a group the pots will drop to the first person that gets inside the dungeon only.
    Exactly. Go into the mzp with zero, come out with 25 of each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Thanks! I didn't know that. Do you have to have zero pots for it to work? I farm there all the time and never noticed (but I usually keep 1000+ pots).

Edit: I just saw Kalielle response where you have to have less than 25 pots.
    Thanks again! I'm learning something new all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i think the future dungeons will be like BS: extreme money burner! in future we will c more and more ppl making runs in PP (i saw a 56 too in PP)
    But to say the truth... more than a half hour is hard to resist... think thats just boring and game begins to be a "work"... and thats no fun..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Riccits in that farming is soooooooo boring. Those kind of profit numbers are very hard to argue with, however. When I hit 55, I'll be making my mage do that run, I think.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

YA, I was saving up for my last piece of shadow, and doing this data collection actually made it way less boring lol.