Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Different Build types - Uncovered

Hi All

I've started looking into different build types away from the standard pure build and tbh am totally confused with all the various different builds, their names and what they mean. So i'm going to attempt to create a thread, with all of your help, to de-mystify the different builds.

Please could you post any build types you can think of, with a brief summary and I'll collate them on the 1st & 2nd posts.

I'm a novice at all of this stuff and all credit and thanks must go to the contributing posters for all the help and assistance they have given.

Thanks to Arterra, Junside, Ellyidol, StompArtist, Physiologic.........

Post #1 will cover what are builds, the different classes and how stats are allocated
    Post #2 will cover some of the different types of builds available

The Basics
    NB. Feel free to skip to Post #2 if you understand the basics of classes and stat point allocation

There are three classes in Pocket Legends:- Warrior (Bear), Mage (Elf) & Archer (Bird). Each have their own specific traits, strengths and weaknesses.

There are also three specific STATS:- Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX) & Intelligence (INT).

Check out these three images of newly built characters for each class. See how their distribution of STATS (STR, INT & DEX) are already starting to create the initial build for these classes.

Bear - STR=7, INT=1 & DEX=2

Elf - STR=1, INT=7 & DEX=2

Bird - STR=2, INT=1 & DEX=7

These STATS each bring certain benefits to the BUILD of your character, as you add more points to them. For example, notice at this early stage Health/Mana Pool totals are slightly different. The Warrior starts life with a Health Pool of 604, which is 4 above this class' base of 600.

For each level you progress you are given an extra 5 STAT Points to allocate in any/each of these three STATS.

When you get to the next level the 'Update Stats' button (shown below) will flash and you will be taken to your stats window.

In this window you will see there are no available points but there will be 5 available for use each time you level up.

If you want to change your stats, you can reallocate them all but it currently costs 2 Platinum. Use the 'clr' button next to each stat to reduce it down to base level and then just reallocate your points. When you press submit you get a confirmation window.

So to summarise, the BUILD is the combination of the class you pick, the STATS you allocate as the character progresses (or levels) & the weapons/gear/rings you equip. You can also customise things further using the various SKILLS available to each class, but this isn't currently covered here.

For more detailed information see the following links.....

[still under construction......]
    Last edited by Redbridge; 04-04-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand