Thread: Drainer's set better then Raid Roach In PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Drainer's set better then Raid Roach In PvP?

The drainer's set seems to be better or match raid roach in PvP? This doesn't seem right considering drainer's is an orange. Please adjust stats of raid roach maybe? This is due to all the dodge and armor drainer's give. The crit potential of raid roach just doesn't work because with drainer's you have a 55 percent chance of dodging their crit's anyways
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-08-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Seeing as Raid does way more damage and crit, how is that possible? I can't get to the sub-forum links from work due to filters....unless you are referring to the regen capabilites of the Drainer.

And respectfully, I don't think they will adjust set stats just for PvP purposes...unless they made a very specialized new set with PvPers in mind specifically, which would be kinda cool although everyone would just grab the same set.

Edit: Agreed with Ech. Most of the purple equipment is inferior to most of the greens/most oranges in a lot fo ways.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't know about drainers but yes I agree a lot of oranges and greens are better than their purple counterparts and only the set bonus makes them worth.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Seeing as Raid does way more damage and crit, how is that possible? I can't get to the sub-forum links from work due to filters....unless you are referring to the regen capabilites of the Drainer.

And respectfully, I don't think they will adjust set stats just for PvP purposes...unless they made a very specialized new set with PvPers in mind specifically, which would be kinda cool although everyone would just grab the same set.
    WIth the evade buff. You get 55 dodge buffed. You dodge all the crit's of raid roach.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I don't think they will adjust equips based off of PvP. Thade even stated yesterday in the chatbox:

"it" being PvP.

They boosted the orange/green/purple sets purely because of all the complaints that the AO junk pinks/other equips were totally useless and only worth liquidating. If Drainer's incredible dodge rate can dodge Raid Roach crits, then why not use Drainer's?

edit: oops, edited, it was Thade not Cinco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I don't think they will adjust equips based off of PvP. Cinco even stated yesterday in the chatbox that "PvP is not a great experience at the moment."

They boosted the orange/green/purple sets purely because of all the complaints that the AO junk pinks/other equips were totally useless and only worth liquidating. If Drainer's incredible dodge rate can dodge Raid Roach crits, then why not use Drainer's?
    Because my mindset has always been about using all pinks . I will get used to it eventually I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Because my mindset has always been about using all pinks . I will get used to it eventually I guess.
    Yeah, that's the big problem with balancing between pinks and everything else. If pinks have all the best crit/damage/dodge/armor/regen, then the other sets are useless and only worth liquidating. I don't think the devs would want to develop weapons and equips that players will only end up liquidating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Ah, gotcha...thanks guys. Can't get to the posts that listed all the stats for the oranges, I see the dodge-y point I didn't remember the dodge being that high.

Wouldn't it stand to even out kinda? Can't be under buffed Dodge all the time, that crit is gonna hit you sooner or later.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

You are dodging the question. Which set is better in pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I don't think they will adjust equips based off of PvP. Thade even stated yesterday in the chatbox:

"it" being PvP.

edit: oops, edited, it was Thade not Cinco.
    Interesting. I agree that PvE should be the focus of the balance, not PvP. I wonder who Thade heard that from, seeing as he wasn't a dev when they made it. In any case, it's good to know that the attitude in house is to try to stay focused on PvE storylines. I expect that attitude to continue into Blackstar, too.

I set my 53 up with all Drainers, but it didn't make me live longer. My sunblessed/void set is better. I guess when leveling you go for armor. Maybe drainers with talon and wing? I should see if that is even possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

They probably have several group sessions (with their Starbucks coffee) about problems to solve, PvP probably being one of the biggest headaches to get around. But yeah - PvE is still what the majority of the public plays. Based off of the total number of PvP games I've seen, only a very small fraction of the total PL community play it, I'm thinking <5% or so. I don't think they will revamp sets or equips off of PvP results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

They probably have several group sessions (with their Starbucks coffee) about problems to solve, PvP probably being one of the biggest headaches to get around. But yeah - PvE is still what the majority of the public plays. Based off of the total number of PvP games I've seen, only a very small fraction of the total PL community play it, I'm thinking <5% or so. I don't think they will revamp sets or equips off of PvP results.
    I think part of the low attendance problem with PvP is that new players sign in, join "red" or "blue" and then get rushed and killed. There should be some kind of countdown when you join... I seen many players just go "what the forest?" and leave because of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

That's one of the biggest problems - getting rushed and killed. And if you're not rushed, you get killed very quickly anyway. And if they fix the "getting killed quickly" thing, then they run in the problem of matches that last over 20 minutes. This is why I don't PvP - there's WAY too many things wrong with it, and it needs to be completely revamped - and I mean COMPLETELY revamped, for PvP attendance to kick up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Don't forget every class has a dodge debuff as well, so if you just focus on dodge and that's all you have going for you, you could run into trouble
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Don't forget every class has a dodge debuff as well, so if you just focus on dodge and that's all you have going for you, you could run into trouble
    Dodge is so high though, that the majority of the time. You actually DODGE the dodge DEBUFF. That's why I'm complaining. Debuffs like dodge should not be able to be dodged. Otherwise it's like giving a patient an antibiotic to cure antibiotic resistant bacteria.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Dodge is so high though, that the majority of the time. You actually DODGE the dodge DEBUFF. That's why I'm complaining. Debuffs like dodge should not be able to be dodged. Otherwise it's like giving a patient an antibiotic to cure antibiotic resistant bacteria.
    I've even tested this in lvl 20 twinking. My bear dodges most mage's Nightmare... Not cool.... for them
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    You are dodging the question. Which set is better in pvp?
    Drainers set
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawkei View Post
    Drainers set
    Well, I have to be advocate of the RR set, having experimented with both. The RR set is slightly better. Having 74% crit rate and alot more damage is to hard to pass up, that means 50% of the time when you do hit it hurts, and it hurts bad, and if the first dodge debuff lands, drainer users are screwed. Its a game of luck but imo i like the RR set. However i do agree with parth that for an orange drainers is way to OP