Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Change to Skills: Global Cool-Down

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Diplomacy aside....

I got an idea...

Lets add crafting that makes gear worse than what we started with. Forget about how much effort can go into crafting a complete set.
    Lets add levels that are impossible to achieve (unless you started out with a lot of gold from farming caves during the lucrative era and can xp pot all day long or can spend 8 hours a day farming). I certainly can't afford the elixers AND buy gear. Heck... I can't do either. 80,000 XP? RLY? 900,000 for a shield? RLY?
    Speaking of gear, lets limit the drops so that a complete set of armor and weapons costs about 2 million in gold (which is equivalant to more than $700 if you were to buy Platinum to by that Gold).
    Lets make it so that a player can go from level 53 to 56 (no simple task) and not get a single pink item.
    Lets create a bunch of new quests in the lower levels so that 50+ players flood CS with sub 50 gear further damaging the economy.
    Lets get rid of XP in the most difficult map(s) in the game (caves).

Lets make being a bear or bird basically worthless. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MAGE! A group of mages can clear a map pretty quick... can a group of bears? Doesn't that put bears at a disadvantage in gold and drops? I am quite certain it does. Who wants a party of bears? There's always room for another mage...

And finally, lets make it even more time consuming to gain XP by slowing game play and removing the one feature that gives bears its strength. Lets remove the bears ability to evade/taunt/beckon/stomp. We are only lowly bears... who cares?

I am fortunate in that I have received more than my share of pinks (qty wise) in the sewers compared to other players but has it been enough for me to acquire the gear I want or need? Not even close.
    I've had 3 or 4 drops and have been doing sewers since it came out. Is that a lot of drops? Yeah..., it is, if you talk to the many people who have had NONE.

Are you making the game better or worse for the new people trying to get to the top or are you focused on slowing the top down? Your changes are having adverse effects on the game despite your best intentions. How is it affecting the new players?
    I would NOT want to be a new player in this game... and in fact, am questioning whether I want to continue playing it at all.
    Do I want to spend months trying to acquire a shield for my bear that costs 900,000 in gold?

Do I think any of this will get changed any time soon?
    No... not rly.

What's next, 120,000xp levels and even less drops? An even more immasculated bear?
    Ooooh... can't wait.

If you aren't going to fix any of that, how about you fix some of the bugs instead?
    "Recuve" Bow... rly? You haven't noticed that? How long is it going to say that?

There is a lot you can be doing with UI... how about working on that too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't get the argument regarding pink prices. I they're expensive, it means you get to sell your pinks for more when they drop for you. It's all relative. Doesn't change the game one bit what the prices are unless you plan to purchase pink solely based on the gold you farm from mobs. Am I the only one that realizes this?
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

OMG where do I start....

Quote Originally Posted by BuLLitz View Post
    Diplomacy aside....

I got an idea...

Lets add crafting that makes gear worse than what we started with. Forget about how much effort can go into crafting a complete set. I agree with you on this one for most sets
    Lets add levels that are impossible to achieve (unless you started out with a lot of gold from farming caves during the lucrative era and can xp pot all day long or can spend 8 hours a day farming). I certainly can't afford the elixers AND buy gear. Heck... I can't do either. 80,000 XP? RLY? 900,000 for a shield? RLY? You could make a lot of money by watching the CS carefully and buying low selling high this is how I have made most of my money since my luck with pinks is hardly good
    Speaking of gear, lets limit the drops so that a complete set of armor and weapons costs about 2 million in gold (which is equivalant to more than $700 if you were to buy Platinum to by that Gold). Gld exchange is ridiculous but read my previous statment
    Lets make it so that a player can go from level 53 to 56 (no simple task) and not get a single pink item. Can be hard but a good group can clear a whole map in less than 5 minutes a great group in less than 4 including bosses if you kill enough you will get a pink or two
    Lets create a bunch of new quests in the lower levels so that 50+ players flood CS with sub 50 gear further damaging the economy. This will always happen in MMOs they are just trying to giving the new players a better experience
    Lets get rid of XP in the most difficult map(s) in the game (caves). meh I guess I'm neutral on this one

Lets make being a bear or bird basically worthless. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MAGE! A group of mages can clear a map pretty quick... can a group of bears? Doesn't that put bears at a disadvantage in gold and drops? I am quite certain it does. Who wants a party of bears? There's always room for another mage...Hardly my guess is you have never played with a bear like Elly, persistent, Moog and many others bears that know what they are doing help speed up the runs by a lot and archers useless? you must be joking they are the best at pvp in the right hands (not mine) and they can make the fastest run even without a mage

And finally, lets make it even more time consuming to gain XP by slowing game play and removing the one feature that gives bears its strength. Lets remove the bears ability to evade/taunt/beckon/stomp. We are only lowly bears... who cares? The GCD is still in the works we have to wait and see and then test it to see how will it affect the changes

I am fortunate in that I have received more than my share of pinks (qty wise) in the sewers compared to other players but has it been enough for me to acquire the gear I want or need? Not even close.
    I've had 3 or 4 drops and have been doing sewers since it came out. Is that a lot of drops? Yeah..., it is, if you talk to the many people who have had NONE. I do have bad luck with pinks from 21 pinks that I have seen drop I only got one and it was a mega mage cowl which is almost worthless

Are you making the game better or worse for the new people trying to get to the top or are you focused on slowing the top down? Your changes are having adverse effects on the game despite your best intentions. How is it affecting the new players?
    I would NOT want to be a new player in this game... and in fact, am questioning whether I want to continue playing it at all.
    Do I want to spend months trying to acquire a shield for my bear that costs 900,000 in gold?

Do I think any of this will get changed any time soon?
    No... not rly.

What's next, 120,000xp levels and even less drops? An even more immasculated bear? The next level will be about 8,600 exp and the lvl 56 cap will be reduced to 8,300 it is now an elite cap that has 10 times the experienced requiered after the next expansion it will change to 1/10
    Ooooh... can't wait.

If you aren't going to fix any of that, how about you fix some of the bugs instead?
    "Recuve" Bow... rly? You haven't noticed that? How long is it going to say that? LOL never saw that good eye

There is a lot you can be doing with UI... how about working on that too.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This ain't cool , you've already slowed down our shooting rate , and now potion and skill rate ? We are gonna die too easier in PvE ... !

But for PvP .. Maybe it's good

Devs don't for PvE ... NO !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guys please read the 3/10 update Cinco posted they are trying to balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    - Cinco

Testing Update (3.10.2011) - played (PVE only) with global cool-down times at ~0.50 seconds quite a bit this morning. Overall the combat requires significantly more skill and more strategy. As far as I'm concerned that's a really, really good thing! Right now I'm considering increases to player damage (all classes)... but it's not certain. We still have a lot more multiplayer testing to do (to discern how much damage a well-geared group can do now that we have GCD).
    Sig by KLEMEN

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

1) Not everyone gets pink drops to sell. Thats the point.
    2) You cannot trade up sub-50 pinks (worthless) for 50+ pinks (over-priced)
    3) Ever increasing price differences between sub-50, 50, and 50+ pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

And this relates to global cool down... how?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    And this relates to global cool down... how?
    It was a response to Morawk...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@buLLitz- I think you put diplomacy too far aside...
    Emasculated bear rant aside.... I have been paying more attention to my in game play and a 0.5 cool down is not that far off from what I am doing now. I do think it will bring a challenge to teams to time skills and work together more. I think the devs are right in finding ways to make the game more challenging.
    Also....some of the best players I know are bears and birds!
    Like Physiologic said....its not about the best gear its about how you play in the gear you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tap 4 skills, imagine they will finish casting in 2 seconds. Now, be honest to yourself, count how many of your skills/combo attempts miss in a dungeon raid in a full party. The way I see it, there's more skills missed than there's actually used. The mobs and dungeons are kids play. I see a lot of people complaining when devs plan to mature/upgrade the gameplay. I guess we'll never be able to move on if we can't adapt to whatever change but surely, there's a lot of new phone owners everyday leveling their way to the top of the food chain. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Luchta; 03-17-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I think there is a lot of overreacting here... I do not see how any of you folks can spam skills within 0.5 seconds and actually plan anything. This is a good thing else they might as well just make one big button that does all the skills in one go...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I think there is a lot of overreacting here... I do not see how any of you folks can spam skills within 0.5 seconds and actually plan anything. This is a good thing else they might as well just make one big button that does all the skills in one go...
    I like it lol...

/jk just in case
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    Tap 4 skills, imagine they will finish casting in 2 seconds. Now, be honest to yourself, count how many of your skills/combo attempts miss in a dungeon raid in a full party. The way I see it, there's more skills missed than there's actually used. The mobs and dungeons are kids play. I see a lot of people complaining when devs plan to mature/upgrade the gameplay. I guess we'll never be able to move on if we can't adapt to whatever change but surely, there's a lot of new phone owners everyday leveling their way to the top of the food chain. My 2 cents.
    I don't see how your argument is FOR GDC. If skills/combos are unsuccessful when they can all be executed one after another, what makes you think that there'd be a higher chance of success when people have to wait to fire off their skills? Like, if you see someone use the first half of a combo, but you need to heal or Rez, or whatnot, you won't be able to finish that combo before the first half of it has dissipated.
    If anything, I'd imagine more unsuccessful combos this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally agree with this! For those who don't know me, my main character Raevynne is a lvl 55 str/dex pally mage and my lvl 50 bear alt is Raevynnbear. I am one of the unfortunate ones who have YET to get a pink in the sewers. WTF. It's not like I'm lazy by any means and it is frustrating when others get 5 pinks in a row while I'm struggling to get pots for lvlg. Like Bullitz said, the bears are no longer given right to be effective tanks. hence why my poor bear is still alvl 55. I love my warrior mage but it's sad when I become a tank for a group. Bears are here for a reason. I use my mage to kick butt, spam heal my teams (especially the bears and the poor birds since their armor is practically non existent and to have fun with making the screen turn pretty colors with my spells. Exactly how is the cool down supposed to help anything? improve on the things that matter, not the lil things. Making a game fun and challenging is not the same and making the impossible. Make it worth the time we put into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Farm til you get one. It's the same for everybody.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cinco, great idea and glad to hear you are going to implement GCD. would love to help you test things out if you need an extra helping hand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I don't see how your argument is FOR GDC. If skills/combos are unsuccessful when they can all be executed one after another, what makes you think that there'd be a higher chance of success when people have to wait to fire off their skills? Like, if you see someone use the first half of a combo, but you need to heal or Rez, or whatnot, you won't be able to finish that combo before the first half of it has dissipated.
    If anything, I'd imagine more unsuccessful combos this way.
    You do know everyone can fire or use their skills/combo all the at same time right? Same game play, just adding a few miliseconds between your skills?

The way I see it, adding a few miliseconds between each individual player's skill is no big deal.
    Last edited by Luchta; 03-17-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You do know everyone can fire or use their skills/combo all the at same time right? Same game play, just adding a few miliseconds between your skills?

The way I see it, adding a few miliseconds between each individual player's skill is no big deal.
    Like I said, mages will have to choose between healing, reving and completing a combo (not to mention buffs/debuffs). Right now, they can do all of them without having to sacrifice one over the other. Having to wait half a second between each casting is not quite the same as being able to fire off lightning, heal, and rev in a row, and so on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Like I said, mages will have to choose between healing, reving and completing a combo (not to mention buffs/debuffs). Right now, they can do all of them without having to sacrifice one over the other. Having to wait half a second between each casting is not quite the same as being able to fire off lightning, heal, and rev in a row, and so on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sorry for the double post... Why can't I delete one of them? Has that option been removed?