^ This is completely untrue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    ^ This is completely untrue.
    ^ This is absolutely correct.

Hosting games doesn't affect drop rate in any way I have seen.

On a side note, yesterday was perhaps my luckiest day ever in quality high dollar pink farming. Three Mega Mage Robes (two of these drops came within three runs) drops and a Fury Armor. Plus I saw another 5 drop, crazy stuff. By the way, the host only recieved one of the pinks I saw drop yesterday.

I think it is just random blind luck. Yesterday was just a good day. I probably won't see another pink for a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

85% of my pinks dropped while i was host. Trueplayer got drops like crazy when he was histing his vl runs ans bs runs
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    85% of my pinks dropped while i was host. Trueplayer got drops like crazy when he was histing his vl runs ans bs runs
    Quoted from dev:

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    The fairest solution is the one we have, drops are random.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

LOL!!
    hoping for more funny therories!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pink drop ratio seems really wierd. I have farmed for long hours and last night I only farmed for maybe two hours and the group got 3 pinks and today I log on Elly invites me and on the first run someone got another one thats 4 pink drop on less than 3 hours lol. I didn't get them but it was nice for the group keep the spirits up.

Maybe we are seeing more and more pinks because of the increase loot table but dunno Physio and Royce are far better at that than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    LOL!!
    hoping for more funny therories!
    Lol I heard one really good, that if you don't destroy the chests on king and queen you get better pinks.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Pink drop ratio seems really wierd. I have farmed for long hours and last night I only farmed for maybe two hours and the group got 3 pinks and today I log on Elly invites me and on the first run someone got another one thats 4 pink drop on less than 3 hours lol. I didn't get them but it was nice for the group keep the spirits up.
    Yes, there was a stealth increase in loot tables, pink drop rates are up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

2nd is amazing...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

^^^ Wow. We had someone pick up a pink and a recipe in back to back runs last night. But those drops are amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post

2nd is amazing...
    Wow two great drops on one run.

We had two pinks also on last nights run a lucky archer got both. He joined us and got the 2 drops on his first run lol.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Wow two great drops on one run.

We had two pinks also on last nights run a lucky archer got both. He joined us and got the 2 drops on his first run lol.

I didn't know about the second pink until afterwards. At the time I was just fixated on the scarab and thought, "Wow!"

Just a few games prior, I was telling someone how "I only dream in pinks but they never come true..." I will shut up now.
    Last edited by neko; 03-15-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post

I didn't know about the second pink until afterwards. At the time I was just fixated on the scarab and thought, "Wow!"

Just a few games prior, I was telling someone how "I only dream in pinks but they never come true..." I will shut up now.
    Yeah we should get you on the team more often. At least you where one of the few people that got an item they really need.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great job Cor! It’s a first for me in person to see 2 pinks drops to same person, you da bird~~~

It was an awesome night, I think luck has turned into our side and Ech is starting to redeem himself for series of dryness Or maybe I was good host, and I have found another bird that likes to die as much as me, and he works doubletime~~~

2 robes 1 bow 1 receipe and something else... cant remember, hard to keep score as I am not even sure what time zone I am in anymore with all these playing...

I for one, believes in goal/static farming to better friends, because we are only strong when a party is strong.
    By this I mean, if a bird needs bow, we farm trash/fever; mage need bracer, we farm queen, all night long. (which has yet to dropped for us heh) and we share loot, if a bracer drops for me while Ech in the group, it defaults to him regardless. Share item sell to gold and distribute them equally among 5, let party member buy off with huge discount price etc.

Good karma is always good karma, because if you help 1 person today, you will get 2x or more in return tomorrow. It’s just how I think and play any MMORPG.

It’s good to have an agenda set out for the night, each member list 1 thing they need or simply help out 1 person to achieve goal per day, like a daily quest lol. But then of course, it limits the chance to meet new players or becomes a “job” that you have fulfill. And it sucks when you cant play with other friends, even if you are already with 4 friends heh.

Although I can see how this become stale, boring, not fun even if we rotate map, not everyone has same amount of time to play, life interrupts and becomes a commitment. But for me, it’s a perfect time to get to know each other, die together, chat, build skills/relationships and learn how to play with one another’s style. But it might not be the best way to play a quick/pickup game mobile MMORPG, it’s not for everyone.

I know drop is random and everybody puts in the same equal amount of time just like everyone. No one should feel obligated to give away something just because someone else needs, multiple characters/twinks etc complicated things too. But all in all, we are all trying to have a great experience, grinding exp, grinding gold or grinding pinks. Why not just go a little extra mile to make it more fun?

Then again, pink set is not the answer. Tons of birds can wipe the floor in oranges/cyber gears (not this bird ) and performs 200% better (than this bird ) than some bird in full pink (this bird ). I for one likes to wear pink/set because it’s easier to lidiquate inventory, stash and looks.

I haven’t bought a thing since lv50 shadow set in CS and I like to earn stuff by drop. I believe luck and loot will reward everyone at the end, no matter how dry it is or how daunting, persistence always prevail.

/massive rambling off and back to work
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haha mitsu I gotta tell you you are far better than you give credit for. Dieing just means either the tank didn't tank so well, mage (raises hand) didn't heal you fast enough (can't blame the mage for 1 shot deaths) or simply because you thought you could be faster than the fire trap and you where not.

I agree with you its not the gear its the player and farming with you, DT, Elly, moog and the rest of the group have been the most fun I've had in PL since I started. Sure we had our moments of complete noobness but most of the time we are able to clear a run in 4 min or less and we hadn't get past 5 min runs in a while. Don't worry I will try to redeem myself with healing normally I am watching the players health and if they get hit once I will heal as fast as I can but sometimes I get out of range when you birds fly off the other side of the map by fire traps.

I love changing maps and yes we share our loot well I haven't shared any pinks because my luck is for the party to receive them :-) not for me. As for gear I think I'm giving up on mega mage gear I will just stick to the overpriced sewer set(bought part of the set the first day to complete it yes about 1 mill for two pieces) loot I have. Mega mage would be only to be sparkly red like you guys but I am fine with green.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe devs should raise drop rate a bit...i dropped 2 pinks in 400+ hideout runs
    Hawkyboy - lvl 66 full dex archer // Italian Dragons Guild Master
    Zeroraly - lvl 65 pure int mage // Xelyt - lvl 35 voodoo mage // Tinkytwinky - lvl 35 twink bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Last night Cowboyjim got back to back drops in 2 runs. Sewer hammer and fury battlesword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    Great job Cor! It’s a first for me in person to see 2 pinks drops to same person, you da bird~~~

It was an awesome night, I think luck has turned into our side and Ech is starting to redeem himself for series of dryness Or maybe I was good host, and I have found another bird that likes to die as much as me, and he works doubletime~~~

2 robes 1 bow 1 receipe and something else... cant remember, hard to keep score as I am not even sure what time zone I am in anymore with all these playing...

I for one, believes in goal/static farming to better friends, because we are only strong when a party is strong.
    By this I mean, if a bird needs bow, we farm trash/fever; mage need bracer, we farm queen, all night long. (which has yet to dropped for us heh) and we share loot, if a bracer drops for me while Ech in the group, it defaults to him regardless. Share item sell to gold and distribute them equally among 5, let party member buy off with huge discount price etc.

Good karma is always good karma, because if you help 1 person today, you will get 2x or more in return tomorrow. It’s just how I think and play any MMORPG.

It’s good to have an agenda set out for the night, each member list 1 thing they need or simply help out 1 person to achieve goal per day, like a daily quest lol. But then of course, it limits the chance to meet new players or becomes a “job” that you have fulfill. And it sucks when you cant play with other friends, even if you are already with 4 friends heh.

Although I can see how this become stale, boring, not fun even if we rotate map, not everyone has same amount of time to play, life interrupts and becomes a commitment. But for me, it’s a perfect time to get to know each other, die together, chat, build skills/relationships and learn how to play with one another’s style. But it might not be the best way to play a quick/pickup game mobile MMORPG, it’s not for everyone.

I know drop is random and everybody puts in the same equal amount of time just like everyone. No one should feel obligated to give away something just because someone else needs, multiple characters/twinks etc complicated things too. But all in all, we are all trying to have a great experience, grinding exp, grinding gold or grinding pinks. Why not just go a little extra mile to make it more fun?

Then again, pink set is not the answer. Tons of birds can wipe the floor in oranges/cyber gears (not this bird ) and performs 200% better (than this bird ) than some bird in full pink (this bird ). I for one likes to wear pink/set because it’s easier to lidiquate inventory, stash and looks.

I haven’t bought a thing since lv50 shadow set in CS and I like to earn stuff by drop. I believe luck and loot will reward everyone at the end, no matter how dry it is or how daunting, persistence always prevail.

/massive rambling off and back to work
    Wow. Mitsu you just took procrastinating at work to a whole different level. You are practically up there with me now. hehe.

And I agree. I don't mind giving away pinks to buddies in the party. Tried to give Ech that Sewer Robe last night that dropped for me since he hasn't even smelled a pink in so long. He wouldn't take it. I need to find a way to sneaky gift things to him I guess. I gave Conradin a shield recipe for his b-day. Heck I play this game for fun, as I hope we all do. And its fun playing with you guys.

So if you all want to farm a particular item for someone, I'm in. If it drops to me, it goes to the person looking. Besides, I still need about 850 deaths to reach 2000 before the next cap increase. Oh, and if you want to farm a sewer leather for me, I wouldn't turn it down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Wow. Mitsu you just took procrastinating at work to a whole different level. You are practically up there with me now. hehe.

And I agree. I don't mind giving away pinks to buddies in the party. Tried to give Ech that Sewer Robe last night that dropped for me since he hasn't even smelled a pink in so long. He wouldn't take it. I need to find a way to sneaky gift things to him I guess. I gave Conradin a shield recipe for his b-day. Heck I play this game for fun, as I hope we all do. And its fun playing with you guys.

So if you all want to farm a particular item for someone, I'm in. If it drops to me, it goes to the person looking. Besides, I still need about 850 deaths to reach 2000 before the next cap increase. Oh, and if you want to farm a sewer leather for me, I wouldn't turn it down.
    well I do appreciate the gesture but I wont take it if I don't need it, I am not a greedy person or player for that matter. I am at the point where I don't really care of a pink drops or not. I just want to make some more cash to save for the next expansion and we will hopefully get a sewer set bonus.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Just for the record....my tanking had nothing to do with Mits dying on those runs last night...he has a knack of dying even if Elly and I are both there tanking. The boy is drawn to firetraps like a fat kid to cupcakes.

Funny...I typed "Mitsuisun fire grate" into Google and got this...

Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Just for the record....my tanking had nothing to do with Mits dying on those runs last night...he has a knack of dying even if Elly and I are both there tanking. The boy is drawn to firetraps like a fat kid to cupcakes.

Funny...I typed "Mitsuisun fire grate" into Google and got this...

LMAO.... No man your tanking is great I would even dare to say at par with Elly and that's not a small thing to say. On birds you are awesome too unlike me (my bird skills at at 0 atm).
    Sig by KLEMEN