Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 18, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

[QUOTE=Maarkus;2057964]
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    The love just doesn't stop flowin'!

In Other News

Class Balance/Skill System
    As we continue to dive into the idea of revamping the Arcane Legends skill system, the real scope of the project is becoming clearer and...it's HUGE. The skills in Arcane Legends are such a fundamental part of the game, with hundreds of thousands of players who have built their strategies around the skills that have been around since the beginning of time. Arlor time, that is. So, the reality of the situation is that the skill system update is something that we are going to have to take our time on. That amount of time is still undetermined, but as you can imagine, changing such a core game feature needs love--rush it, and the results could be catastrophic.

In the meantime, we do plan on actively pursuing a more balanced Arlor. As we continue development on new content, we will be better catering the content to class balance. This means things like: mechanics that require the skills of each class, not just balance. While your suggestions on stat tweaks are much appreciated and immensely helpful, making blanket changes to class stats could have unexpected and far-reaching effects on the game. Doing so would take extensive planning, testing and tweaking, much like the skill system. We will keep you updated on long terms plans on the balance front, but for now know that we will be taking the small steps necessary in the meantime to give every class an important role and purpose in our upcoming content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Remiem,
    Thanks for the updates, much appreciated as usual

Thank you also for the transparency And honestly that sts is not sure when the skill will be fixed. I takws a lot to admit that one doesnt know but in mentioning that can certain things be dne that is withon the current skill system?

I only play the warrior class so im going to be warrior pve specific here.

The reason why i put this across is that as mentioned and quite known, the warrior class is the least efficient endgame pve farming class thus with that parties rarely need a warrior. The threath here is that as the new expan is comming and farming will be essential we may face another demographic being alienated from farming. I understand that you are looking into maps that will need a mix class combination to run but at the moment can you kind look at the warrior skills and review.

Chestsplitter has an upgrade called staggering blow; the cancell boss wind up was 'disabled' sometime in season 3, can this be enabled/activated again as this was and can be the saving grace of warriors in a party. The red zone fixes are being implemented this will just enable different classes to go range albut if a warrior can cancell the boss and mob windup then we can have a chance at being and integral cmponent in the farming party
    Attachment 124697

Aside from this, armor reduction is another avenue where warrior can benefit a farming party. Which is also already i tegrated into our skills. Axe throw has this option (skill upgrade : Denting Blow) though it is only 10percent, and i assume its duration is 1sec can this be modified to atleast 30percent armor reduction and last atleast 2seconds?
    Attachment 124698

I push and appeal for such changes as mentioned i other threads the warrior class efficientcy in PVE farming is near obsolete and the proposed skill solution... For chestsplitter its not even a buff , inonly suggest to bring back the upgrade as it is not active. For axe throw it is a buff but a much needed one.

I have seen enough fellow warriors change to rogues just to farm, and enough social alienation for warrior class thus i really hope you that my suggestions seriously.

Thanks for reading

Maarkus
    I agree.

Having full functionality, at the least, would tide me over until the skill system is redone. Otherwise, warriors will have little to no luck finding parties for elites for another year? The skill system revamp was mentioned early last year. We don't want to rush a major overhaul but at the same time we want to be able to play, farm, etc for the time being. This is the only class that I find ridiculous to even consider solo-running an elite too.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

So can I have a refund on Scorch now please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    So can I have a refund on Scorch now please?
    It sort of needs a buff in stats.....aaannd...umm...yeah buff the DMG absorption?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Yes please fix this PET GLACİAN we aren't getting the +12 damage need and armor need we are supposed to get and while carapace is at it how about it little more crit please help remiem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope u all can make some rewards on daily logins , or we can buy a key to unlock locks for free and not with plat
    - plus make some event for the poor ( that is even to every player but not for arcane and mythic only )
    - i wanna ask that IS THE NEW PLANAR ARMOR ARCANE( i thought is legendary ) ? WHY IS IT BETTER THAN THE MYTHIC ARMOR WE HAVE NOW (maybe u should change it to arcane label ?)
    - put some easier way or something weird for the poor player to be rich ( cuz poor player cant play PVP at LV41 , we are like useless and nothing to do once we get to lv 41 , farming is boring for me nowadys i farmed for locks for 1 and half year and im done with the low price )
    TQ hope u make some improvements to make the game more even
    - or make a daily spin for us ( put arcane , mythic or eggs inside so that we have the hope of getting rich )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Buff Scorch plz I paid good money for junk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ameyra View Post
    That will again pump in huge amounts of gold into game which we do not need. Gold sinks were created for a reason. Easy gold in the hands of some, means monopolizing by hoarding good CS items and releasing them at ridiculously high prices for the others which is unfair and unhealthy to most of the community. So I'd say no to locked-crate gold. The gold we need can be converted from platinum, a way that will keep the game-gold amount in check.
    Ah... NO!

You obviously haven't been around very long... have you seen what's happened to the economy. The problem wasn't gold in locked crates it was plat farming. Since the plat farming has stopped the economy has very little gold even in it any longer. This doesn't make things easier to buy... btw. What good is a 50M arcane ring versus and 120M one if you don't have any?

I can live with it either way because I'm going to have what I need... but without more liquid assets it's pretty hard to buy ANYTHING. I suppose you can try and trade for stuff... have fun with that. The CS doesn't take trades.

NEWSLASH! The gold didn't come from normal people opening crates. It came from plat farmers glut of gold left over from opening thousands of crates looking for shards and red pets. The gold was an after effect of that contrary to a once held belief that it was all those crates legitimate people were opening.

It doesn't take a genius to put together 2 and 2 and see what's happened after the big hole was plugged.

And if you think gold comes from converting plat into gold you really don't know what you're talking about... no one in their right mind after playing any amount of AL does that... js.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 02-23-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    In-game wealth doesn't actually have to do with level, it's really crate-poppers vs non-poppers. I know a lot of twinks with insane amounts of gold who don't even play end-game.

- Elite bosses dropping a few pennies is just silly when they take so much effort to reach and kill. Adding a chance of 50 or 100k to the higher elite bosses would be immensely helpful all around.

- For that matter, why is it only crate poppers who have a chance to earn plat? Most games allow you chances to actually earn some of the purchasable in-game currency as you play.

- Giving low level bosses tons of gold would just increase the bot issues we already see too much of.

- Adding more money to crates would further increase the wealth gap, rather than helping solve it. STS has thankfully been starting to move away from crates as the only way to make decent money. Let's not go backwards please.
    This sounds good but answer this... how is STS supposed to make money then?
    If not crates then what? More energy??? Energy on normal maps maybe?
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What is re-egging?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Probably not at the top of your list but how about a plat sale some time soon

And re egging means I can re egg a pet in my stable and put it on another toon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marfibagheera View Post
    What is re-egging?
    re-egging is u can convert a pet in egg, i would put and example.

U poop a lock and loot and arcane egg, that egg is added in ur inventory on top of list (chest section), for and error click the 1 action button and hatch the egg, but ur intention was to sell or use in other char.
    Then u can contact whit STS and tell them to convert the miss-hatch pet to egg again.

NOTE: U can't use this pet, that means the pet should be lvl1
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

when will the real event start brooo...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    This sounds good but answer this... how is STS supposed to make money then?
    If not crates then what? More energy??? Energy on normal maps maybe?
    I for one dont like the idea of 50k and 100k on lockeds. Remiem have stated previously that STS is trying to find a way to make the gap between poor and rich players smaller. By taking this action they would do the complete oposite.

I like Serancha's idea of having Elite bosses droping more than 100gold. But it should not be a way of making gold, just balancing the costs of the run (ankhs, pots).

And answering to your question, STS still have plenty of ways to make money, ppl still pop crates and lets not forget that with bosses killing you in 1 hit ANKH sale increased a lot.

I have read a lot of sugestions/comments about this topic and at the begining I was thinking economy was broken as well. But lets not forget we are about to get a new expansion, so everyone is saving their gold, that's one reason for prices to fall a bit. Even so, I dont realy think it is broken, prices are coming back to what they should've always been, inflaction was very high and it will take a time for ppl to adjust to this.

I do think that economy is a bit unbalanced since most of the times you cant cover the costs of farming with bsoses drops. But that is just a minimal adjustment on the gold they drop as Serancha suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Please nerf rogues for pvp, look at this rogue holy mother of jesus how can we have a chance against these supermens!She started pvp at season 5 now look at her. withouth elixir 822 damage, each time I go pvp i'm dead with one arrow. They have more armpr,health,damage,critical,dps than sorcerer. why?
    Name:  ghotical.png
Views: 312
Size:  778.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magenice View Post
    Please nerf rogues for pvp, look at this rogue holy mother of jesus how can we have a chance against these supermens!She started pvp at season 5 now look at her. withouth elixir 822 damage, each time I go pvp i'm dead with one arrow. They have more armpr,health,damage,critical,dps than sorcerer. why?
    Name:  ghotical.png
Views: 312
Size:  778.5 KB
    Hahahahaaha....ur statement is funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lookong foreward to the.class balance and skill system upgrade. I know its a long time away to make sure its done properly but I can wait lol. Ever since I firat started playing I felt it was lacking in that department. I do enjoy thwe current set up but a more balanced system will do wonders. I must admit Im more excited about the skill system upgrade than anything
    Last edited by ShannKey; 02-24-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    re-egging is u can convert a pet in egg, i would put and example.

U poop a lock and loot and arcane egg, that egg is added in ur inventory on top of list (chest section), for and error click the 1 action button and hatch the egg, but ur intention was to sell or use in other char.
    Then u can contact whit STS and tell them to convert the miss-hatch pet to egg again.

NOTE: U can't use this pet, that means the pet should be lvl1
    Thank you very much that makes a lot more sense to me now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Unsocketing gems would be awesome so people wont scam people by telling them that they are selling para gems. Also we can use those gems in new cap.

Signature credits to Bellaelda

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com