Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Tournament Interest Thread: L41 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yasssss I love the thought of this. I think should be exp bow/malison that's Coo. Idk about the epic gear. ..No mana after 1 combo GG.. it's open map ctf not in rooms so it won't only be "Who crits first wins" takes skill with walls and ctf IQ.. Im excited about this MAKE THIS HAPPEN ~ Lewdness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I propose changing the gear restrictions from mythic bow with new amulet to exped bow and any amulet but the lvl 41 one. I have tested this and found that often the damage is not enough to combo kill with simply aimed and nox. Pierce is also needed. Obviously, there are those freak instances where a super high crit hits and combo kills (without Pierce)but it is rare. I'm happy to test this again with u with and without para.

My main reason for suggesting this is to widen the playing field. I personally know many skilled rogues who could not compete at the previous gear level. Admittedly, this would increase the role of para gems, but anybody who could compete at the gear level you stated would almost surely have at least 1 para, if not more. To counter the role of para gems, I suggest you set a damage limit, forcing players to choose whether to invest in health or mana instead. I'll try and get back to you with numbers.

Back on topic, I would be very, very, very, interested in this. Where do I sign? However, I request that if STS sponsors the prizes that no exclusive prizes be awarded to prevent tanks and mages from feeling left out unless a similar tournament is created for their classes by the initiative of a fellow player.
    I intend to create a 1v1 tournament for each class. However, I am first going off the most popular class. If there wasn't going to be enough interest for rogues, I did not see how there would be enough interest for sorcerers or warriors. I've borrowed this idea from Absolutepally, who has run 3 1v1 tournaments side by side. It went along pretty smoothly!

I'll consider changing the rules to expedition bow and disallowing planar pendant.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I intend to create a 1v1 tournament for each class. However, I am first going off the most popular class. If there wasn't going to be enough interest for rogues, I did not see how there would be enough interest for sorcerers or warriors. I've borrowed this idea from Absolutepally, who has run 3 1v1 tournaments side by side. It went along pretty smoothly!

I'll consider changing the rules to expedition bow and disallowing planar pendant.
    Are you secretly going for that forum title Tournament and Ladder Leader :P
    On topic, I like the idea, I'd be up for it except I'm a horrid rogue (and not that great of a mage either XD)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Are you secretly going for that forum title Tournament and Ladder Leader :P
    On topic, I like the idea, I'd be up for it except I'm a horrid rogue (and not that great of a mage either XD)
    I already have that title.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I already have that title.
    *bows down in awe of forum power*
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Great idea.
    I disagree with expedition bow and dropping the mythic pedant. Reason why that would slightly decrease dmg witch will probably lead to a complete stun fest .I'm aware of the skill razor shield but at the end of the day I believe been a good Rouge is about been quick at it. If you want slow motion game 1v1 Rouge simply do a lower level tournament. As of a pet +1 for Mali.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeezy View Post
    Great idea.
    I disagree with expedition bow and dropping the mythic pedant. Reason why that would slightly decrease dmg witch will probably lead to a complete stun fest .I'm aware of the skill razor shield but at the end of the day I believe been a good Rouge is about been quick at it. If you want slow motion game 1v1 Rouge simply do a lower level tournament. As of a pet +1 for Mali.
    How exactly would it lead to a stun fest? Since malison dies not stun on either AA or PA only way to stun is bow stun, which is not a viable option in 1 vs 1 rogues.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 02-22-2015 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    How exactly would it lead to a stun fest? Since malison dies not stun on either AA or PA only way to stun is bow stun, which is not a viable option in 1 vs 1 rogues.
    It used to be *sigh* memories