Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a end game pve only build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Need a end game pve only build

So as title says I need a pve only build, I have tried a hybrid build but it didn't work out for me.
    I've seen some threads and they're from 2014. I need a build which explains which bugs are there and which skills/upgrades should I unlock for an elite runner.
    Thank you!

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magegrimm; 02-21-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is my build in tomb/elites and it works pretty well :
    Passives: dex/int/str/crit/def all 5/5
    Actives : aimed 5/5 ; nox 4/5 (no 15% more dmg) ; trap 4/5 (no explode) ; pierce 2/5 (health regen upgrade).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiases View Post
    This is my build in tomb/elites and it works pretty well :
    Passives: dex/int/str/crit/def all 5/5
    Actives : aimed 5/5 ; nox 4/5 (no 15% more dmg) ; trap 4/5 (no explode) ; pierce 2/5 (health regen upgrade).
    Thank you! There's also a question id like to add: When I played a mage I had 5 skills which I swapped one for another at boss. Does this apply to rogues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm View Post
    Thank you! There's also a question id like to add: When I played a mage I had 5 skills which I swapped one for another at boss. Does this apply to rogues?

Don't necessarily need skillswap, but swap get either razor and one of the two: trap or veil. Don't get all 3.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Sorry to be so demanding but can you explain which one of veil and trap is best for what situation? I just know trap is for mobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Thumbs up

Sorry to be so demanding but can you explain which one of veil and trap is best for what situation? I just know trap is for mobs

You can use veil for both things, it's good for mobs and good for boss. Never use trap on boss ! Traps are best if you're running a full rouge party or have a mage in your team. The pull will help the mage place the clock. The crow control on the pull will contribute to staying alive longer vs mobs in a rouge vs mob situation. Use veil if the other rouge in your PT is using trap.

I would recommend these specs:
    5/5 Aimed
    3/5 Nox (Duration and the 3rd upgrade) the range is useless and the last upgrade is glitched.
    1/5 Piercer or 2/5 if you, like me, like the health upgrade.
    5/5 Razor
    4/5 Trap or 4/5 Veil, both without the explosion upgrade. Also if you run more arena than T3 get veil. If you run both get veil because it's just a good party buff and if you have a tank it's better to get veil since you have the sustain and don't necessarily rely on the pull to stay alive. If you run more without a tank, I suggest getting trap. I've found myself just running with razor instead of veil or trap, but still having trapped specced since passive DMG is glitched. It's efficent and helps you avoid tons of damage, while dealing a good amount of damage.
    5/5 Passive: INT, DEX, STR, CRIT. If any remaining points, put them in armor.
    Also I'd like to add, a lot of rouges don't use the piercer skill because they're afraid to get close to the mobs/boss. Don't worry about it, if you pierce wisely, you won't die and it's a lot of damage to miss out on if you don't. Do not charge on the bosses in Planar Tombs. Additionally, don't charge your skills for maximum DPS.

Regards
    Noisykillar

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    You can use veil for both things, it's good for mobs and good for boss. Never use trap on boss ! Traps are best if you're running a full rouge party or have a mage in your team. The pull will help the mage place the clock. The crow control on the pull will contribute to staying alive longer vs mobs in a rouge vs mob situation. Use veil if the other rouge in your PT is using trap.

I would recommend these specs:
    5/5 Aimed
    3/5 Nox (Duration and the 3rd upgrade) the range is useless and the last upgrade is glitched.
    1/5 Piercer or 2/5 if you, like me, like the health upgrade.
    5/5 Razor
    4/5 Trap or 4/5 Veil, both without the explosion upgrade. Also if you run more arena than T3 get veil. If you run both get veil because it's just a good party buff and if you have a tank it's better to get veil since you have the sustain and don't necessarily rely on the pull to stay alive. If you run more without a tank, I suggest getting trap. I've found myself just running with razor instead of veil or trap, but still having trapped specced since passive DMG is glitched. It's efficent and helps you avoid tons of damage, while dealing a good amount of damage.
    5/5 Passive: INT, DEX, STR, CRIT. If any remaining points, put them in armor.
    Also I'd like to add, a lot of rouges don't use the piercer skill because they're afraid to get close to the mobs/boss. Don't worry about it, if you pierce wisely, you won't die and it's a lot of damage to miss out on if you don't. Do not charge on the bosses in Planar Tombs. Additionally, don't charge your skills for maximum DPS.

Regards
    Noisykillar
    I really appreciate it, thank you so much!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Magegrimm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hi there I have dex/str/int/crit/defence maxed out, and use:

Aimed Shot 5/5
    Shadow Piercer 2/5 with the upgrade that adds health
    Shadow Veil 4/5 all upgrades except the explode when it runs out thingy- this skill is amazing due to the 15% damage and 20% armour for your whole party
    Razor Dodge 4/5 using the 20% dodge upgrade, chance to cause target to bleed, and the remove movement-impairing effect upgrades- DON'T upgrade to prolong the effects by 3s as this is glitched and causes the remove movement impairing effects upgrade not to work

Don't bother with the speed or damage passives because they don't stack with pet bonuses, and your pet bonus will almost definitely override them. Hope this helps!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

My Pve Build:
    >Aimed (5/5)
    >Nox (4/5) Last upgrade not used
    >Razor (4/5) No duration upgrade
    > Veil (4/5) No explode upgrade
    > Pircer (3/5) Heal and 3 enemy upgrades
    Dex /Str/Int/Crit maxed rest points in armor

In wt kt etc i use razor and mostly elite (arena/tombs) i swap it to veil

14. The Following User Says Thank You to morgy84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

These are all great suggestions. It's really nice to see that everyone uses a slightly different build.

My PvE build is the following:

5/5 aimed
    4/5 nox (everything but the last upgrade)
    1/5 pierce
    5/5 traps
    5/5 veil
    5/5 crit, dex, str, int

The reason I have both traps and veil is because in lower elite maps and in tombs traps are very useful. As NoisyKillar mentioned, traps are amazing however if no rogue is using Veil, it's better to use Veil because it boosts damage by 20 and armor by 20% (might be off of on those stats, dont quote me), as well as reducing your enemy's damage and hit chance.

I personally rarely use veil and opt for traps 95% of the time. The pull is very OP.

Hope that helps

16. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The reason I run with razor instead of veil/trap is because I play egoistically :P. I plow through people in arena while having the Proximity Curse on me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

My build is as is follows:

5/5 Aimed
    4/5 Nox (no last update)
    2/5 Pierce (I like the health upgrade too)
    4/5 Veil (no explode)
    5/5 Dex, Str, Int, Crit, Armor

I tried traps, but can't seem to be able to master them. Plus, I run Arena a lot and veil is definitely more useful there than traps. I don't like razor, I'd rather have some more armor for the time being.

As for the 3 targets upgrade on pierce, just consider this: You are trying to avoid a boss red zone and there is one mob around. That upgrade will hit boss, hit mob, and then bring you back to boss for a certain death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    My build is as is follows:

5/5 Aimed
    4/5 Nox (no last update)
    2/5 Pierce (I like the health upgrade too)
    4/5 Veil (no explode)
    5/5 Dex, Str, Int, Crit, Armor

I tried traps, but can't seem to be able to master them. Plus, I run Arena a lot and veil is definitely more useful there than traps. I don't like razor, I'd rather have some more armor for the time being.

As for the 3 targets upgrade on pierce, just consider this: You are trying to avoid a boss red zone and there is one mob around. That upgrade will hit boss, hit mob, and then bring you back to boss for a certain death.
    Yes I just unlocked that health upgrade in SP.
    As for traps, they're very useful at Tombs and it seems I can get along with this skill. The problem is I like both veil and traps tho I use traps for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Yes I just unlocked that health upgrade in SP.
    As for traps, they're very useful at Tombs and it seems I can get along with this skill. The problem is I like both veil and traps tho I use traps for now

That's where the amazing invention og Respec Scrolls come in! If you can sacrifce the 10k a spec (50k or so a scroll)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    That's where the amazing invention og Respec Scrolls come in! If you can sacrifce the 10k a spec (50k or so a scroll)
    Well I have 4 respec scrolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

So let's say that I definitely don't like Razor...can I use Veil to boost, let's say a party of warriors or a party in which rogues don't have veil and traps for tombs and where mobs are in large quantity? I'm sorry it's just I do not know anything about rogues :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

So let's say that I definitely don't like Razor...can I use Veil to boost, let's say a party of warriors or a party in which rogues don't have veil and traps for tombs and where mobs are in large quantity? I'm sorry it's just I do not know anything about rogues :/
    Yep, that's what veil is about. It boosts players inside it and debuffs mobs inside it. In parties with tank I throw it so that both tank and mobs he's aggroed are inside it. After that I may or may not stay inside the veil, depending on a number of things. Against bosses I'd do different things - sometimes cast veil on tank+boss, sometimes on myself and the other rogues and mages in party, sometimes (in Tomb 3) I'll go up and cast it on the mage and the vines he's fighting.

When no tank in party it's nice to group mobs together first. No point in casting veil on empty ground with mobs scattered around and players running in circles.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Yep, that's what veil is about. It boosts players inside it and debuffs mobs inside it. In parties with tank I throw it so that both tank and mobs he's aggroed are inside it. After that I may or may not stay inside the veil, depending on a number of things. Against bosses I'd do different things - sometimes cast veil on tank+boss, sometimes on myself and the other rogues and mages in party, sometimes (in Tomb 3) I'll go up and cast it on the mage and the vines he's fighting.

When no tank in party it's nice to group mobs together first. No point in casting veil on empty ground with mobs scattered around and players running in circles.
    Oh yes, I get it thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

What do you mean? @.@ I guess it's easier to say: The more people inside the veil the better, so they to catched everyone!