Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a end game pve only build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    What do you mean? @.@ I guess it's easier to say: The more people inside the veil the better, so they to catched everyone!
    Tatman already explained everything. Thank you all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few great ideas in this thread thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

the 15% dmg upgrade on nox has been fixed, as has the spinning freedom upgrade on razor (it now works when you have the extended duration upgrade). these fixes happened quite recently.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so i ran alot wilds lately, and i mean alot. not frickin single rogue used veils, well, maybe few times out of 500 runs. whats sup with dat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Magegrimm. There are many guides on the forums that can help you out. Feel free to check them out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Hi, the reason why people stopped using veil is primarily because of an increased awareness of the buff/debuff mechanisms of AL.

You might be aware that in AL the dmg/armor buff/debuffs are calculated as "highest buff wins"- the buff with the highest contribution to your stats is the buff that's affecting you at the time. For example, if you have maxed damage passive (5% dmg buff) and Nekro (15% dmg buff) at the same time, your final dmg buff will be 15%, not 20% or any other number.

However, if there is a DEbuff affecting you, all buffs are made useless due to the existing buff/debuff mechanisms. So for instance, if you have maxed armor passive (5% armor buff) but also have the Scorn AA affecting you (20% armor DEbuff), you end up with only the 20% armor debuff because the DEbuff cancels any buff you might have on armor.

Now you may see why the usefulness of Shadow Veil is decreased. Two of the upgrades grant 15%dmg buff and 10% armor buff. Nowadays in the harder elites several different mobs apply all manner of debuffs that cancel any advantage that veil can provide. Also, more people are using pets that grant at least 10% dmg buff (Nightshade gives a whopping 17% extra dmg!), so the dmg buff that veil provides doesn't help much at all, unless you're running with a party with limited resources.

Hope this helps if you're still reading this thread.
    I think veil gives a 20% Armor Buff if i am right?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Hi, the reason why people stopped using veil is primarily because of an increased awareness of the buff/debuff mechanisms of AL.

You might be aware that in AL the dmg/armor buff/debuffs are calculated as "highest buff wins"- the buff with the highest contribution to your stats is the buff that's affecting you at the time. For example, if you have maxed damage passive (5% dmg buff) and Nekro (15% dmg buff) at the same time, your final dmg buff will be 15%, not 20% or any other number.

However, if there is a DEbuff affecting you, all buffs are made useless due to the existing buff/debuff mechanisms. So for instance, if you have maxed armor passive (5% armor buff) but also have the Scorn AA affecting you (20% armor DEbuff), you end up with only the 20% armor debuff because the DEbuff cancels any buff you might have on armor.

Now you may see why the usefulness of Shadow Veil is decreased. Two of the upgrades grant 15%dmg buff and 10% armor buff. Nowadays in the harder elites several different mobs apply all manner of debuffs that cancel any advantage that veil can provide. Also, more people are using pets that grant at least 10% dmg buff (Nightshade gives a whopping 17% extra dmg!), so the dmg buff that veil provides doesn't help much at all, unless you're running with a party with limited resources.

Hope this helps if you're still reading this thread.
    ... Then again, if you drop a veil on those buffed Ren'gol mobs, their buff goes away too. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Yes my bad. But still doesn't take anything away from the point I made.
    Not trying to be mean or being offensive....heres a quote about the

A debuff overrides a buff, a 5% armor passive with a 20% debuffs makes it a 25% armor debuff - a debuff will debuff anytime, if you were to use gale force with the 50% armor buff after getting hit by an aimed shot or an axe throw the debuff would still be there, it would be about 65/85% depending if it was axe throw or aimed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    ... Then again, if you drop a veil on those buffed Ren'gol mobs, their buff goes away too. XD
    Yeah, I actually like veil in new maps. Of course, this may change when we see the elite version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

is no good? my rogue passive i use quickess,damage and armor. L44 rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

is nox damage upgrade fix? pls send link here sts said it was fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

I'm the master of traps!

I just love them. Bleeding mobs, scooping them, exploding causing damage. They also act as barrier once activated which gives me time to smash the mobs down with a hail of arrows, while they try to circumnavigate trying to get at me.

The key is not throwing them here, there and everywhere. Sometimes I throw traps in a narrow opening, stand behind and hit razor to aggro mobs towards them.

.......as a warrior I loved traps, especially when the mobs got scooped in a tight bunch. If not I would stand inside them and taunt the mobs into them.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 07-28-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

This thread is from February LOL, anyway I already played my rogue and ended up getting back to my mage so thank you all for your replies even after 5 months!

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk