Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kill counts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Really?

Ok so i see many different arguements here, I am going to comment and say this kills should NOT get rest (i only have about 5k) and i didnt farm for them. Not that i care in the least if they do get reset BUT....

The key point in this thread is that we have been playing since the game came out. Bottom Line. We put in the time to get our kills and just because you joined the game late SHOULD give you an unfair advantage (not that its unfair) but i mean we have been playing longer so we should have more kills.

Also on a side note i heard a suggestion that you should put a donate button somewhere int he client or on the forums and i think its a great idea maybe even turn it into a rewards program of sorts =)

But anyways yeah stop whining that people have more kills than you that have been playing longer than you lol.....i mean really your annoying

Edit: Whoc ares if someone wasted their time in dark forest farming kills i think they already lost the game if they did that while i was like drinking at a bar or squeezing my girlfriends buttcheeks but thats just me :P
    Last edited by Dbawlz; 05-20-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give everyone level * 100 kills. At max level, if the mob would have given you xp, you get a kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There really needs to be a consensus for this soon from a dev because I don't want to waste any time if the kills may be reset.
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Completely against resetting kc. Unfair because I started playing before you did? Unfair because I got a lot of kills before they changed the way it worked? These are weak arguments. Can we also make the argument that all PINKS should be removed from everyone's accont. Afterall, pinks were dropping like crazy when the game first came out. I don't think it's fair that someone can have so many pinks because they achieved them before the drop rate was changed. Only fair way would be to remove all pinks from player accts before trade comes out. Once trade is out these people who got their unfair prenerf drop rate pinks are going to have more money then me. OR, they'll have an unfair advantage in pvp because they have better gear that I didn't have a chance to as easably obtain.

I do not think they should take away any pinks, just as I feel they should not reset kills. Just my $.02 sorry for any spelling/grammar errors, sent from my phone.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

PvP is going to evolve significantly with your feedback.

When the time comes, PvP kills will be tracked separately from PvE kills.

Consider it all training until we get the leaderboards in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Can we also make the argument that all PINKS should be removed from everyone's accont. Afterall, pinks were dropping like crazy when the game first came out.
    That is a completely different situation.
    You obviously haven't read this thread.

Having a lot of pinks from before the drop rates were changed is completely different. They were all level 30 items, which are not in demand as much anymore.

Kills on the other hand are not items. If there is a leader board for kills then they need to be reset. Hands down, end of story. If the leader boards were introduced tomorrow, the top people would be people who farmed the Dark Forest for hours on end. They could come out with hundreds of kills every hour EASILY. Not to mention it would be months before anyone would EVER be able to catch up to them.

The point of a leader board is to show skill.. Farming monsters 20 levels lower than you is not skill.

If you don't reset the kills then don't bother introducing a "kills" leader board. There would be no point.
    Last edited by TheBaconKing; 05-20-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    PvP is going to evolve significantly with your feedback.

When the time comes, PvP kills will be tracked separately from PvE kills.

Consider it all training until we get the leaderboards in place.
    Does that mean resets in kills and deaths?
    Kamja =Bear Revu =Healchantress Kokuma = ranger all 35 on Alt
    Proud Venom Applicant

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,515 Posts

Don't panic, no one said anything about resetting kill counts. I just wanted to know your opinions on getting kills for mobs well below your level. Seems like consensus is it's great the way it is, don't change it.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Don't panic, no one said anything about resetting kill counts.
    Blame Xanthia for that one.. I didn't even think about it until he said something...

Seems like consensus is it's great the way it is, don't change it back.

-ALS
    Great news there though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah... I actually want a reset = ) cuz I sorta started late on this game... and low on kills do to the fact that I didn't have the benefit of grinding out the kills by killing low lvl mobs =)
    we'll just have to wait and see how this works out... But you should keep the system as how it is. As for the leaderboard... i'm not rlly sure about just putting who has the highest kills.
    Kamja =Bear Revu =Healchantress Kokuma = ranger all 35 on Alt
    Proud Venom Applicant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted to know your opinions on getting kills for mobs well below your level. Seems like consensus is it's great the way it is, don't change it.
    I agree with the consensus. Mobs that don't give you XP aren't a real threat, so they shouldn't increase your kill count. You already have the solution in place, so don't worry about it.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    That is a completely different situation.
    You obviously haven't read this thread.

Having a lot of pinks from before the drop rates were changed is completely different. They were all level 30 items, which are not in demand as much anymore.

Kills on the other hand are not items. If there is a leader board for kills then they need to be reset. Hands down, end of story. If the leader boards were introduced tomorrow, the top people would be people who farmed the Dark Forest for hours on end. They could come out with hundreds of kills every hour EASILY. Not to mention it would be months before anyone would EVER be able to catch up to them.

The point of a leader board is to show skill.. Farming monsters 20 levels lower than you is not skill.

If you don't reset the kills then don't bother introducing a "kills" leader board. There would be no point.
    Your whole post is just wrong man the reason there would be a point is BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE THE GAME CAME OUT if you want to go farm for hours then start now and stop crying lol. I dont even have alot of kills ill screenshot it to show im not protecting myself but the people with tons of kills spent the time to do it its science. So if you want to top the leaderboards then go kill monsters instead of posting on forums my god. YES YOU

This argument will never end because the people that have less play time or didnt start the game when it was released will continue to bicker with the other people that put the time in to get what they have. Just face it the game was one way and we played the **** out of it and now its another way and WE STILL PLAY IT if your mad or not having fun playing then.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if there were leaderboards i would 100% say reset all kills

i only have 4k kills which isnt alot, ive seen people with 30k kills

this took no skill, people with time on their hands mind numbingly grinding on mobs

to be honest, i dont care for pve kills and what not, their shouldnt be a leaderboard for PVE kills (i assume pvp kills will be a seperate entity?) if this is the case, PVP kills should be shown on leaderboards because for life of me, why would someone boast about their EPIC SKILZZZZZZSZzorZ from pve. its quite sad actually

not as if pve in this game is challenging

but i like the way it is now, not getting kills for killing lower level mobs
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dbawlz View Post
    Your whole post is just wrong man the reason there would be a point is BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE THE GAME CAME OUT if you want to go farm for hours then start now and stop crying lol. I dont even have alot of kills ill screenshot it to show im not protecting myself but the people with tons of kills spent the time to do it its science. So if you want to top the leaderboards then go kill monsters instead of posting on forums my god. YES YOU

This argument will never end because the people that have less play time or didnt start the game when it was released will continue to bicker with the other people that put the time in to get what they have. Just face it the game was one way and we played the **** out of it and now its another way and WE STILL PLAY IT if your mad or not having fun playing then.....
    well in some respect i agree, time invested in a game usually is shown via what you have and what you learnt. i.e gear, kill count, knowledge of class

most games like this are all about ego, i mean all online games in general are like that, i mean if there were leaderboards for pve kills i honestly would say reset them since its kind of like abusing a exploit. but this will never happen. i played alot of mmos and one example is when alot of players used basically an exploit to get to highest pvp level, this was later fixed. the new players kept on complaining that it wasnt fair, but the devs did nothing

this example can be used here, morally it would be better to reset the kill count, but it will never happen, but boasting about pve kills in this game is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the devs posted about how the PvP leaderboard will be seperate from the PvE board. So we will all start at zero on the PvP leaderboard. No need to reset mob kill count. I don't think many people will brag about how many hours they spent in dark forest...
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's good the way it is now. Don't reset and penalize the players who started playing earlier, that would cause mayhem.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok this whole thread has gotten a little off-topic...

In answer to asommers question: I think it's fine the way it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Everyone with a crap kill count thinks that people with a lot of kills did it all farming low levels. That is not the case. I earned the majority of my 10,000 plus kills in LE and AS. If they reset kill counts because of whiney players, I will be angry. Of course most people want to see it happen. Most people don't have a lot of kills. It should have been reset when the rules were changed. Now it seems like it would be very unfair to do so.

Oh yeah, and the counting kills thing is okay the way it is. I think maybe you should get kills and a bit of xp for enemies slightly further below than 3 levels, but it's fine as is.
    Last edited by Royce; 05-21-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

okay how about we just all stop arguing and just drop the PVE kill count leaderboard idea all together... since we all have had different starting times and different amount of times invested in the game so just no PVE kill count leaderboard.... however when PVP comes out, the PVP leaderboard will be legit because everyones starting anew so people can't and shouln't complain then if you don't play as much as the devoted players do
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokester View Post
    okay how about we just all stop arguing and just drop the PVE kill count leaderboard idea all together... since we all have had different starting times and different amount of times invested in the game so just no PVE kill count leaderboard.... however when PVP comes out, the PVP leaderboard will be legit because everyones starting anew so people can't and shouln't complain then if you don't play as much as the devoted players do
    Your missing the point leaderboards dont cater to peoples start playing date. Ever. What planet are you from. so everytime a new player joins a game we should just reset everything so he has a fair chance. get real.