Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Official Love Crafting Event Feedback and Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Are the Cupid wings supposed to be animated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope whats behind the portal
    - a really well design place ( where all player of AL can stay there ,somewhere that make us feel comfortable )
    - we can marry each other
    - and new maps and functions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

The event is quite a lot of fun and I thank the devs for getting it ready for us. Cant wait to see what Cupid's Portal holds.

Just wanted to put in a suggestion which may or may not be implemented - The plain black Dark Love does not look very nice against Arlorian dark backgrounds (dark tinted walls, ground, etc like dungeons). I wanted to suggest that the Dark Love should be a mix of black and purple hearts instead of only black.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 02-27-2015 at 11:31 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i see others asking that to. But none correct answer ( or i didnt understand )

After event Love banner AND Dark Love will remove from my character?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    The event is quite a lot of fun and I thank the devs for getting it ready for us. Cant wait to see what Cupid's Portal holds.

Just wanted to put in a suggestion which may or may not be implemented - The plain black Dark Love does not look very nice against Arlorian dark backgrounds (dark tinted walls, ground, etc like dungeons). I wanted to suggest that the Dark Love should be a mix of black and purple hearts instead of only black.
    I agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post

This is a very valid point. I do love the black hearts, but I think a switch to purple would be more thematic for Valentines Day and easier to see.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Hmm, the rumors of being it a part of the next cap raise making me think sketchy. The text does state it is a SURPRISE and not a PRIZE, which i rather prefer specially after so many people using love elixers. I rather read clues towards a reward rather than a town which we will end up to see anyhow.

Btw, pls fix the rogue hat, its floating!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today i open 100 love chest and i just got candy and rogue vanity hat but my char is mage . i think i can got mage vanity set with only 15 chest just like my brother . i dont get it ... Why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

The Lovecraft event as a whole I really enjoyed. I liked the candy crafting aspect and thought it was awesome that inventory and stash space were offered as love token purchases!!!

I also really liked the designs of all the vanities, I loved the amount of detail on both those and the lovecraft chests, the amount of detail on those chocolate boxes was impressive in comparison to pretty much all chests which have ever dropped in game!!

Working towards the community goal was also a new and fun aspect which worked really well and I also liked the hugthulu stage of the event in its essence: it was a great idea to have the vanities be untradeable. I'm a fan of the new untradeable route STS seems to have taken in the past few months with several items as I feel like it encourages players to actually play the game at least a bit, rather than just buying everything, and it was awesome to see all sorts of random things being dropped from the boss!

The only suggestion I would really have if the event as a whole were to be done again would have been to organise the golden wings, or the "grand community prize" loot differently, for example:

- put a decent liquidation value on the none tradeable items so if we loot the wrong ones our prize is still worth something to us. OR

- don't put the vanities in the chests at all... instead put " Golden Tokens" inside the chests and when the "surprise" is revealed, add the new vanity pieces to the token vendor for 100 golden tokens. This way we still need to farm or open chests and get lucky, but we are able to work towards one or to items for the correct class, rather than 20 items we can't use. OR

- Instead of having the loot inside the chests be: 10% wrong class vanity / 10% wrong class vanity / 10% correct class vanity / 70% candy
    Make it be: 10 % correct class vanity / 20% ankh,story token, teeth, etc / 70% candy

Loads of players during this event feel like they played the game fair and square, jumped through all the hoops of farming letters, crafting kits, opening love potions, farming hugthulu all weekend once the surprise was revealed, and opening hundreds of chests, but then ending up with 20 rewards which were only good for liquidation at 0 gold. I wasn't in this camp as I had some miraculous luck and looted both pieces of the rogue gold cupid set in about 100 chests, but I know it was an anticlimax for many people who really did try hard to loot them and never got there.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 03-10-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I was unsure how this love event would be, and man it was awesome. I was able to farm vanities that looked cool, then make a ton of gold from selling the letters and hugthulu chests. All in all, I made 2.5m+, investing some of the gold.

Please do more of these mini events. They are a huge gold generator for those of us that actually play the game to make gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Some final thoughts:

1. It's true that portal boss was actually very weak, especially compared to previous event bosses. On the other hand, I farmed with two of my low level toons (10 and 12) and I must say that for the first time I saw actual new players enjoy an event boss and not leave midway through the fight as was the case in previous events. I mean, for the first time I could go there with three people with starter pets and beat the boss without too much unnecessary frustration, caused by one-hits and stuff like that. Plus, we finally had some nice and regularly dropping loot (lovecraft chests), that allowed new or poorer players to make some much needed gold relatively fast and easy.

2. I like the vanities. I think these are the best event vanities (not including lb ones) that we've seen for a long time.

3. I also liked the fact that we could trade candy hearts. I myself gifted hearts to every low level player I saw standing in town needing a "V' or an "O".

4. I like the love potion idea. I think something like this could and should be implemented in all events. It creates such a nice atmosphere, seeing those floating hearts around people, instead of the usual drama, spamming and trash talk.

Regards.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The second part of the event beginning excited but after a while it became monotonous.
    But overall it was a nice event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What is the point that I have extra vanity and I can't share my love joy vanity across to my others characters??

This is suppose to be love vanity and yet it become so selfish and heartbreaking vanity...

Personally feel heartbroken, if I cannot share with other characters.

I hope AL can make an update for this vanity to allow give not trade.. that way i can logon 2 devices and give it to my other characters on another logon, which i wish they can have.
    Last edited by Nezumichan; 03-12-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I goku

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received