Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote kick for pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    No to this.

Dummy farm rooms will kick random people who are interrupting their dummy farming.

Often times, many free flaggers get mad at anyone who "disrupts" their free flagging, including myself. They'll just boot me out.

New players won't have a chance to play since they'll probably get booted out constantly.
    True, but does it really matter? It's so obvious to tell who dummy farms anyway. We really shouldn't let dummy farmers influence our additions to new PvP content. Besides, a large portion of the leaderboard is already occupied by dummy farmers. More of them won't change much.

Free flagging, lol. Honestly I blame the AP for that. It should really be removed and a title granted to people that have it (like Midas).

Last point here is why this won't ever be implemented in the game. Realistically, every person who plays PvP has an equal share in the game.

I do want something to be done about blocking, but vote kick isn't really the answer. There's really no way to implement it without upsetting someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

-1 too many problems would come from this I see benefits but way more problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Captain View Post
    I like this idea
    1-you can boot spot blockers
    2-you can boot people interrupting gws/1v1s
    If new players get booted then they go to pve and get better gear so it's "encouraging" new players to actually get decent gear before going to pvp and by encouraging I mean basically forcing. Also if a new player is dying to play pvp (no pun intended) they will get booted once or twice but then get into a game with other new players who were also booted from games and they will actually have a competition instead of just being farmed. So eventually game rooms will be either full of new players or geared pvpers making the game funner for both. People are already dummy farming this won't change the dummy farming industry and if anything it lets you boot the dummy farmers who are lying down dead on the ground waiting for everyone to leave.
    Very good points!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Lol@pvp

If you're in a PvP zone with people you don't like, then you should be the one to leave. This isn't going to stop blocking, it'll end up with those with better gear kicking those that are either with weak gear, or those that aren't in their guild. This suggestion is totally unfair because everyone has the right to PvP, and no other player(s) should be able to take that right away. This is the worst thing that could ever come into the game.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

How about this? Take away the ability to pick team, randomly assign each player to a team. If you're in a party, you'll stay together in one team. This still leaves one spot open, but it'll lessen severe blocking. 4vs5 is more managable than 1 or 2 vs 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    How about this? Take away the ability to pick team, randomly assign each player to a team. If you're in a party, you'll stay together in one team. This still leaves one spot open, but it'll lessen severe blocking. 4vs5 is more managable than 1 or 2 vs 5.
    So 4 nekro on one side destroying everything? No way. Your suggestion is good but even if in a party should be assigned random teams. There should be a seperate pvp map for gw friendly clash and stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I say no to this, people would just abuse this option even if it was added for their own uses. If you dont like the ganging etc. then go find a new lobby. Its a simple solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Don't want to fight a team with 4 nekros? simply leave the room. Pretty soon those OP players who have outrageous advantages over the majority will have no one to fight with. The problem is that out-matched players who keep staying in a room where they're getting farmed, then complain about how unbalanced it is. Let the OP peeps duke it out with players at their levels, if you can't hang? Leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    So 4 nekro on one side destroying everything? No way. Your suggestion is good but even if in a party should be assigned random teams. There should be a seperate pvp map for gw friendly clash and stuff

Ps: I vote no for the kick option, it will get abused, no doubt.
    Last edited by Bluebatthing; 06-08-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

No please..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I disagree with the vote kick option. It can be exploited.

Vote kicking will spoil the user experience. Imagine new players getting kicked and not knowing why. Undergeared players who want to learn pvp getting kicked because the seasoned players just want to win. Maxed out players getting kicked because they put in effort to acquire their stuff. Alts will be created to troll-kick players.

Pvp is a mix of all kinds of people. If you do not want to be in a particular game, then just leave. Form a party with friends before entering pvp.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 06-09-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Youtuber:2182158
    I say no to this, people would just abuse this option even if it was added for their own uses. If you dont like the ganging etc. then go find a new lobby. Its a simple solution.
    Vote kicking is not the solution but at the same time, looking for a new lobby isnt either. I constantly warp to find other rooms. At any given time there are only 1 to 2 rooms of each type (tdm and ctf) that are randomly joinable. So sometimes I end up rewarping for 3 to 30 minutes. Then I finally give up. Theres no joy in that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Vote kicking is not the solution but at the same time, looking for a new lobby isnt either. I constantly warp to find other rooms. At any given time there are only 1 to 2 rooms of each type (tdm and ctf) that are randomly joinable. So sometimes I end up rewarping for 3 to 30 minutes. Then I finally give up. Theres no joy in that.
    Agree. It's hard to find a decent game as of late.

I wish more people would simply come on whatever team has less players instead of all joining the same side. Who in their right mind would stay in that room? Not me. I have tried many times to do that and call some friends, but incoming gang 100% of the time. Makes zero sense to me like the majority of PvP.

Rage of Ren Gol can't come soon enough folks!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Maybe things are finally coming to the point where people learn that if they continue stacking teams so they can overpower everyone else, people are not going to stick around to be slaughtered. When everyone leaves the room as soon as an op player (and their op pals) show up, it defeats the purpose of being so op.

This problem is largely due to the massive stat gap between arcane and mythic players (not to mention legendary). The 100+ damage gap between weapon types (legendary vs mythic bow) is a major flaw in the game, not to mention another 100 damage for arcane ring, and 600 hp for mythic amulet, over the next best items. No wonder nobody wants to fight arcane players - there is no fun in not having any chance. Vote kick would just make this worse.

Arcane rogues 1-comboing each other is not most people's idea of fun either. Between the stat gaps and the "stack up to crush them all" mentality, it's not much wonder that many pvpers have switched to twink levels or else gone pure pve.

Being arcane should give an advantage, but not the equivalent of 5+ levels over other players.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-10-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

That's why i'm suggesting a matchmaking sistem.

Yes,yes i know it's not a MOBA...

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

A simple solution is to put in a 1 vs 1 arena (copy paste coding from tdm and scale it down?) and then simply not allow someone to join a map if there is a guildy on the opposite side.
    If someone blocks a random game, and yes, it does happens, especially by pinoy rules and kapitaran players, boot them if they haven't dealt any damage in x amount of time (2 minutes seems more than fair to me).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's season 8 😂😂😭😂😭 game is old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    People are gonna abuse this by just kicking out people they don't like.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    You have the option to leave map if there is something not working.

Kick option opens the door for bullies.
    Exactly ^_^