Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ask Us Anything | Chat with Spacetime About Call of Champions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    So really this game is like pokemon lol... take you creatures to battle...then level them on the side. So really you are the trainer sending them out to fight, since there is spectators and twitch.tv So really if you don't like pokemon, this is a different take on it (I hope, I like pokemon also)... so this brings an interesting question..can you switch and buy new skills? and will there be candy for a pet "to level faster, or is that the premium account"?
    Pokemon is really just rolling dice to see how the battle resolves. You'll be interacting in real-time with Champs, so it is all about player skill. You will be able to respec your Champion to have different statistical pros and cons, but your skills will remain the essentially same, although you could customize to have a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Pokemon is really just rolling dice to see how the battle resolves. You'll be interacting in real-time with Champs, so it is all about player skill. You will be able to respec your Champion to have different statistical pros and cons, but your skills will remain the essentially same, although you could customize to have a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc.
    Battles on pokemon are based on creature skill level. so of course a lv30 will kill a level 5 (also knowing those kinds of parings won't happen on your game). And of course the social aspect meaning a real person is controlling the other pet..much like Pokemon stadium. So there is skill there, so mix and matching skills would be better (not enhancing a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc...its whats happening to all other sts games..leveling and keeping the same skills can get annoying fast). I don't want to buy a new pet, if I can adjust the one I already want...with other skills that other pets have. eg: in pokemon some water pets can have water skills/strength skills. (I want to make 1-3 better instead of having 200 mediocrely trained ones.)

Seems to me you buy one pet with a set skills...and if you want a better one you have to buy it/earn it...also with the set skills. I'm not trying to sound like the game is going to be bad, but there has to be a way/choice that if a player sticks with one-three awsome pets they love..I just don't want a bigger AoE...but a new skill that the pet can be enchanted with

thats what made pokemon great..the mix and matching of skills (like one pet become enchanted to become a newer pet ). and able to earn new ones..by buying them.

heres what I mean
    Name:  Eevee_Evolution_Infographic_EN.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  424.5 KB
    Last edited by octavos; 02-26-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Battles on pokemon are based on creature skill level. so of course a lv30 will kill a level 5 (also knowing those kinds of parings won't happen on your game). And of course the social aspect meaning a real person is controlling the other pet..much like Pokemon stadium. So there is skill there, so mix and matching skills would be better (not enhancing a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc...its whats happening to all other sts games..leveling and keeping the same skills can get annoying fast). I don't want to buy a new pet, if I can adjust the one I already want...with other skills that other pets have. eg: in pokemon some water pets can have water skills/strength skills. (I want to make 1-3 better instead of having 200 mediocrely trained ones.)

Seems to me you buy one pet with a set skills...and if you want a better one you have to buy it/earn it...also with the set skills. I'm not trying to sound like the game is going to be bad, but there has to be a way/choice that if a player sticks with one-three awsome pets they love..I just don't want a bigger AoE...but a new skill that the pet can be enchanted with
    We're not making Pokemon. You should play it before making any judgement
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

We're not making Pokemon. You should play it before making any judgement
    Edited my post with a nice pic...and what I know about skills...this would help...and yes I'll try the game, and an invite to the alpha then would help make a judgement.

thx again for the chat G-Man...long live STG
    Last edited by octavos; 02-26-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

thats what made pokemon great..the mix and matching of skills (like one pet become enchanted to become a newer pet ). and able to earn new ones..by buying them.

heres what I mean
    Name:  Eevee_Evolution_Infographic_EN.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  424.5 KB
    You do realize how many games relate to Pokemon in this sense, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prosecuted View Post
    You do realize how many games relate to Pokemon in this sense, right?
    You do realize that you are preaching to the choir lol.

heres a link for people interested.
    http://gameslikefinder.com/games-like-pokemon/

anyway I cant think of anything else for this thread..but I am curious how the "xp" is the main currency for the game.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-02-2015 at 10:31 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

GOTTA STOP YOU THERE!
    No trahstalking pokemon allowed on this forums XD
    Pokemon is a thinking game, check out last years vgc finals to know why lol.
    (Yeah i got your point just wanted to point that out)
    Also, keep me in mind when you pick alpha and beta players XD
    I may have a negative kdr in AL, but I'm pretty good if i can say so myself lmao
    Anyway, enough with the joking, and for my questions...

1. So, to make it clear, you level INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONS, not DURING matches, but the matches gives the champion xp?
    2. Will this respec Cost,and what currency? Because as it was in AL before, it was almost impossible for a noob like me without any free-platinum offers to respec...
    3. What will be every Champions Max level?
    4. Will the alpha and beta players keep their testing accounts when the game starts, and therefore get a headstart?
    5. Will your win/loss and kill/Death ratio show? Because i hate KDR lovers Who doesnt help because they dont want to be killed...
    6. Will there be a team-chat during play, or how are you expecting random teams to make a strategy, or make friends that they add with the social feature of the game?
    7. The social part of the game seems a bit lacking, so you would have to get friends from other games or in real life to be in Your custom "teams" right?
    8. Is there a such thing as guilds so you could actually get a team that is not random, because I really hate going random...
    Last edited by ClumsyCactus; 04-04-2015 at 05:00 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post

1. So, to make it clear, you level INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONS, not DURING matches, but the matches gives the champion xp?
    Yes, this is correct. You level individual champions, and exp is rewarded after a match is over.
    2. Will this respec Cost,and what currency? Because as it was in AL before, it was almost impossible for a noob like me without any free-platinum offers to respec...
    There will be a cost for a respec, it is our intent though that players can respec fairly easily by playing the game.
    The planned max level of Champions is level 10
    4. Will the alpha and beta players keep their testing accounts when the game starts, and therefore get a headstart?
    I can't give official word on this one yet!
    5. Will your win/loss and kill/Death ratio show? Because i hate KDR lovers Who doesnt help because they dont want to be killed...
    There will be plenty of stats recorded for players and we hope to show off some of these for your viewing pleasure. In terms of those who worry so much about their KDR, it will be important to take part in fights in order to win, so dying becomes much less important than winning the match in the first place!
    6. Will there be a team-chat during play, or how are you expecting random teams to make a strategy, or make friends that they add with the social feature of the game?
    This is one of our biggest challenges, and while we don't have a specific feature for me to brag about yet, we are very committed to making communication possible for players.
    7. The social part of the game seems a bit lacking, so you would have to get friends from other games or in real life to be in Your custom "teams" right?
    Just through playing by yourself, you will have the chance to meet new people who are your teammates or enemies! You'll be able to then add those players to your friends list and the magical spark of friendship can blossom!
    8. Is there a such thing as guilds so you could actually get a team that is not random, because I really hate going random
    There will be ways for you to define who you play with, both on your team and your opposing team. This ability won't be available for all game modes though.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Yes, this is correct. You level individual champions, and exp is rewarded after a match is over.
    There will be a cost for a respec, it is our intent though that players can respec fairly easily by playing the game.
    The planned max level of Champions is level 10
    I can't give official word on this one yet!
    There will be plenty of stats recorded for players and we hope to show off some of these for your viewing pleasure. In terms of those who worry so much about their KDR, it will be important to take part in fights in order to win, so dying becomes much less important than winning the match in the first place!
    This is one of our biggest challenges, and while we don't have a specific feature for me to brag about yet, we are very committed to making communication possible for players.
    Just through playing by yourself, you will have the chance to meet new people who are your teammates or enemies! You'll be able to then add those players to your friends list and the magical spark of friendship can blossom!
    8. Is there a such thing as guilds so you could actually get a team that is not random, because I really hate going random
    There will be ways for you to define who you play with, both on your team and your opposing team. This ability won't be available for all game modes though.
    Thanks for answering all of my questions, my suggestion on question 6 to give people time to make a strategy is to add a pre-game lobby Where you can see what Champions your teammates pick, and maybe chat with them for a minute or something about strategy really quick.
    That would still make strategy during game difficult, if you are loosing and need to do something crazy to have a chance the teammates wouldnt know, but atleast you can set up a Quick strategy before game.
    Although it would be kind of like league of legends, Where everyone always screams what lane they want to go, but atleast you give people a chance to strategize