Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ask Us Anything | Chat with Spacetime About Call of Champions

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You do level up your Champions, and choose specializations on the way up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thanks, but

Could you answer the second half of my question? Sorry if that sounded demanding. I'm just interested to see how that will work out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Do you level in the match, and each match your levels are reset?

Or, do each of your champions/heroes have their own individual level that sticks with them?

Or neither..

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    Thanks, but

Could you answer the second half of my question? Sorry if that sounded demanding. I'm just interested to see how that will work out.
    No prob, this is an AMA

In it's current incarnation, we won;t match L1 and L10 champs. I do believe that you would be able to do that in a private match however.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosecuted View Post
    Do you level in the match, and each match your levels are reset?

Or, do each of your champions/heroes have their own individual level that sticks with them?

Or neither..
    You earn XP in matches which you apply to your Champions. Those levels are specific to those Champs. You have to level Champs up to unlock other Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalninja View Post
    It would be avaible at Chrome? pleaseeee *-*
    Sorry, but no (way). This is a highly competitive game, we will keep it a level playing field by only having it on Mobile.
    Last edited by Justg; 02-25-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It would be avaible at Chrome? pleaseeee *-*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

No prob, this is an AMA

In it's current incarnation, we won;t match L1 and L10 champs. I do believe that you would be able to do that in a private match however.
    I need to clarify what I meant, I apologize.

You've played VG before once or twice right? You know how you can just choose whatever hero you want and play with your buddies who choose their regular heroes?

What if my old character is level 10 as are my buddies, but then I want to switch to a character I've had no experience with. This would make my party a level 1 hero, and level 10 hero, and another level 10 hero (a total level of 21) How would you match this up? Would you have 3 level 7 heroes fight us (l21)? Would it be matched to the highest level in the party and have 3 level 10s fight us? Is there even team queueing that's not a private match?

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I need to clarify what I meant, I apologize.

You've played VG before once or twice right? You know how you can just choose whatever hero you want and play with your buddies who choose their regular heroes?

What if my old character is level 10 as are my buddies, but then I want to switch to a character I've had no experience with. This would make my party a level 1 hero, and level 10 hero, and another level 10 hero. How would you match this up? Would you have 3 level 7 heroes fight us? Would it be matched to the highest level in the party and have 3 level 10s fight us? Is there even team queueing that's not a private match?
    I have played that game, but rage quit every time

In your (very) specific example, I don't believe you would be matched up in ranked play, but you could host a custom match that would allow that.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I have played that game, but rage quit every time

In your (very) specific example, I don't believe you would be matched up in ranked play, but you could host a custom match that would allow that.
    1) Can you level up in custom matches?

2) I don't think that issue is really that specific. You'll find that often in MOBAs, people like to group up with their "regulars", or a group they often play with. Mine includes Prosecuted, and another guy in Vainglory. To continue grouping up with them, do all three of us need to play our unlocked character together in order to have any effect on leveling?

What if they want to stick with their leveled characters, but I don't? Am I really forced to grind all the way back just to play with my regular group using my new character? I think that takes away any benefit of a five minute match.

3) Basically what I'm asking is for the specifics behind team queueing, I guess. How are character level and skill rank level taken into account? If you could provide any important information that you think could answer my question, that would be amazing. Really looking forward to the game, but not the grind.

EDIT: You said "apply XP" to your characters somewhere in the thread. Is XP like the currency earned in Call of Champions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I have a question about names.

Say I name myself "Ruizhe" in the new game,
    what if someone else names themselves "Ruizhe" and starts pretending to be me?

Would it be ok if the naming system was like the Legends games? where only one person can have a name, and no two names can be the same?
    Reason I ask is that in Battle Command, we many people with the same name, and often times, it causes confusion between alliance members

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

1) Can you level up in custom matches?

2) I don't think that issue is really that specific. You'll find that often in MOBAs, people like to group up with their "regulars", or a group they often play with. Mine includes Prosecuted, and another guy in Vainglory. To continue grouping up with them, do all three of us need to play our unlocked character together in order to have any effect on leveling?

What if they want to stick with their leveled characters, but I don't? Am I really forced to grind all the way back just to play with my regular group using my new character? I think that takes away any benefit of a five minute match.

3) Basically what I'm asking is for the specifics behind team queueing, I guess. How are character level and skill rank level taken into account? If you could provide any important information that you think could answer my question, that would be amazing. Really looking forward to the game, but not the grind.

EDIT: You said "apply XP" to your characters somewhere in the thread. Is XP like the currency earned in Call of Champions?
    I think you are calling out some very specific edge cases. Not sure how we'll handle all the team queuing questions, but thank you for the thoughts. Hopefully the game is so much fun you won't think of it as a grind.
    | | | |

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I have a question about names.

Say I name myself "Ruizhe" in the new game,
    what if someone else names themselves "Ruizhe" and starts pretending to be me?

Would it be ok if the naming system was like the Legends games? where only one person can have a name, and no two names can be the same?
    Reason I ask is that in Battle Command, we many people with the same name, and often times, it causes confusion between alliance members
    With all the lovely activity surrounding camping and selling of names, we have decided to take a different approach. You will still be able to be uniquely identified, but you will not be able to "own" any particular name.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think you are calling out some very specific edge cases. Not sure how we'll handle all the team queuing questions, but thank you for the thoughts. Hopefully the game is so much fun you won't think of it as a grind.
    I believe a simpler way of asking would just be, can you queue up with your friends? You create a party, invite 2 people, then queue up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

With all the lovely activity surrounding camping and selling of names, we have decided to take a different approach. You will still be able to be uniquely identified, but you will not be able to "own" any particular name.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I was wondering what you mean by "Uniquely identified" do you mean as in we have a special icon/symbol next to our name? or like a number after my name
    Example:
    Ruizhe1
    Ruizhe2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

OK, looking forward to finding out once the game starts testing then.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prosecuted View Post
    I believe a simpler way of asking would just be, can you queue up with your friends? You create a party, invite 2 people, then queue up.
    Yes
    | | | |

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Hey JustG, is there going to be a town, or like a social area, where we don't have to fight all the time? Or will there not be a big social function in this game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Yes
    OK, now progressing from that, how will the friend's different levels and skill rank factor into that? Not everyone will have the same level and skill tier. If you don't want to answer the question again that's fine, I don't know if it's the wording of my previous questions that made it seem super specific, but this above is pretty much what I'm trying to get to.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Hey JustG, is there going to be a town, or like a social area, where we don't have to fight all the time? Or will there not be a big social function in this game?
    Different type of social in this game. You will have a friends list, that you can chat with. You will have a competitive team that you can belong to. You will be able to broadcast your game (via twitch.tv) and spectate matches. But no common town, no.
    | | | |

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

OK, now progressing from that, how will the friend's different levels and skill rank factor into that? Not everyone will have the same level and skill tier. If you don't want to answer the question again that's fine, I don't know if it's the wording of my previous questions that made it seem super specific, but this above is pretty much what I'm trying to get to.
    Ya we're just gonna have to see how that all works out
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Will there be any cosmetics? (Skins etc)

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS