Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ask Us Anything | Chat with Spacetime About Call of Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Will there be something like an inspect page? Like say if i want to see how much wins my friends would have, would this be put into the game?

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #82
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Curious if you will be implementing the twitch streaming and spectator mode features at a future date in to AL so that players can enjoy it there as well?
    I think they have plans for Twitch.tv broadcast (not sure where it fits into the roadmap though). Spectator Mode is a pretty large system, I don't see it happening in AL.

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Will there be something like an inspect page? Like say if i want to see how much wins my friends would have, would this be put into the game?
    Yes, you would be able to see some of their stats in-game. We are also planning for detailed stats to be displayed on the web.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The question already came up but not answered... will there be skins we can purchase like in LoL that changes the skills and champs look or not ?

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artoholics View Post
    The question already came up but not answered... will there be skins we can purchase like in LoL that changes the skills and champs look or not ?
    Probably not shipping with skins, but a possibility in the future.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

So really this game is like pokemon lol... take you creatures to battle...then level them on the side. So really you are the trainer sending them out to fight, since there is spectators and twitch.tv So really if you don't like pokemon, this is a different take on it (I hope, I like pokemon also)... so this brings an interesting question..can you switch and buy new skills? and will there be candy for a pet "to level faster, or is that the premium account"?
    Last edited by octavos; 02-26-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I have few questions to ask:
    1) In the announcement, it was mentioned that economic aspects are removed. Does this mean that there will be no farming and things like lasthits/denies? If it is so, will there be any creeps?
    2) Will there be any kinds of summons or any other things that involve micro? At the website some controllable Orbs of Death were mentioned, but I'm not exactly sure what they are and should we micro them.
    3) Which hero pool system will be used: LoL-like, when there are only few free heroes available and pool changes every week, or DotA-like, when all heroes are available to pick at any time?
    4) What happens if a 5-minute limit is exceeded? Will there be any kind of point system to indicate the winner in this case?
    5) Will there be any punishments for people who abandon matches like low-priority matchmaking?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoloToha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

why only 3v3 match if there are 5 classes?

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #88
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    So really this game is like pokemon lol... take you creatures to battle...then level them on the side. So really you are the trainer sending them out to fight, since there is spectators and twitch.tv So really if you don't like pokemon, this is a different take on it (I hope, I like pokemon also)... so this brings an interesting question..can you switch and buy new skills? and will there be candy for a pet "to level faster, or is that the premium account"?
    Pokemon is really just rolling dice to see how the battle resolves. You'll be interacting in real-time with Champs, so it is all about player skill. You will be able to respec your Champion to have different statistical pros and cons, but your skills will remain the essentially same, although you could customize to have a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The navigation bar forums tab is missing this forum in the drop down menu. You have to select view all forums to find this section. (Not a game question but I thought y'all would like to know it's missing)

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    I have few questions to ask:
    1) In the announcement, it was mentioned that economic aspects are removed. Does this mean that there will be no farming and things like lasthits/denies? If it is so, will there be any creeps?
    2) Will there be any kinds of summons or any other things that involve micro? At the website some controllable Orbs of Death were mentioned, but I'm not exactly sure what they are and should we micro them.
    3) Which hero pool system will be used: LoL-like, when there are only few free heroes available and pool changes every week, or DotA-like, when all heroes are available to pick at any time?
    4) What happens if a 5-minute limit is exceeded? Will there be any kind of point system to indicate the winner in this case?
    5) Will there be any punishments for people who abandon matches like low-priority matchmaking?
    1) No farming or creeps. XP is the main currency in the game.
    2) Summons don't involve micro, but there is some channelling in the game (specifically when you want to apply a buff to your team). You "push" the orbs towards the enemy towers to mitigate their damage. If you are within a certain radius, the ball moves with you. Two or more on the same team makes it go faster. Enemy players within the same radius negate your push.
    3) No rotation fo Champs, but you do need to unlock them as you level up.
    4) 5 minutes ends the match. Winner in this case is determined by Tower kills first, and Champ kills second.
    5) Probably not going to punish people that drop, but we do have a full bot system that will take over for you in case you have to tag out (and you replace them when you tag back in, like if you get a phone call). So no more rage quitting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiels View Post
    why only 3v3 match if there are 5 classes?
    Because 3 is the number that worked best... it is INTENSE!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Pokemon is really just rolling dice to see how the battle resolves. You'll be interacting in real-time with Champs, so it is all about player skill. You will be able to respec your Champion to have different statistical pros and cons, but your skills will remain the essentially same, although you could customize to have a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc.
    Battles on pokemon are based on creature skill level. so of course a lv30 will kill a level 5 (also knowing those kinds of parings won't happen on your game). And of course the social aspect meaning a real person is controlling the other pet..much like Pokemon stadium. So there is skill there, so mix and matching skills would be better (not enhancing a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc...its whats happening to all other sts games..leveling and keeping the same skills can get annoying fast). I don't want to buy a new pet, if I can adjust the one I already want...with other skills that other pets have. eg: in pokemon some water pets can have water skills/strength skills. (I want to make 1-3 better instead of having 200 mediocrely trained ones.)

Seems to me you buy one pet with a set skills...and if you want a better one you have to buy it/earn it...also with the set skills. I'm not trying to sound like the game is going to be bad, but there has to be a way/choice that if a player sticks with one-three awsome pets they love..I just don't want a bigger AoE...but a new skill that the pet can be enchanted with

thats what made pokemon great..the mix and matching of skills (like one pet become enchanted to become a newer pet ). and able to earn new ones..by buying them.

heres what I mean
    Name:  Eevee_Evolution_Infographic_EN.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  424.5 KB
    Last edited by octavos; 02-26-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Battles on pokemon are based on creature skill level. so of course a lv30 will kill a level 5 (also knowing those kinds of parings won't happen on your game). And of course the social aspect meaning a real person is controlling the other pet..much like Pokemon stadium. So there is skill there, so mix and matching skills would be better (not enhancing a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc...its whats happening to all other sts games..leveling and keeping the same skills can get annoying fast). I don't want to buy a new pet, if I can adjust the one I already want...with other skills that other pets have. eg: in pokemon some water pets can have water skills/strength skills. (I want to make 1-3 better instead of having 200 mediocrely trained ones.)

Seems to me you buy one pet with a set skills...and if you want a better one you have to buy it/earn it...also with the set skills. I'm not trying to sound like the game is going to be bad, but there has to be a way/choice that if a player sticks with one-three awsome pets they love..I just don't want a bigger AoE...but a new skill that the pet can be enchanted with
    We're not making Pokemon. You should play it before making any judgement
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

We're not making Pokemon. You should play it before making any judgement
    Edited my post with a nice pic...and what I know about skills...this would help...and yes I'll try the game, and an invite to the alpha then would help make a judgement.

thx again for the chat G-Man...long live STG
    Last edited by octavos; 02-26-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

We'll invite some of our most prolific PvP'ers into Alpha.
    Including meh?

Another question, will there be an economy for anything in the game? You said there'll be no gear, so is there anything tradable between players? And are the champs going to be customizable? Facial/Body features? Vanities?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Will there be any way we can communicate with our team we play? Like a voice chat? A lot of games have that option like Heroes of order and chaos (and generally almost every online gameloft game).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to toxorto For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #96
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    Another question, will there be an economy for anything in the game? You said there'll be no gear, so is there anything tradable between players? And are the champs going to be customizable? Facial/Body features? Vanities?
    Currently the economy is all about XP and levelling your Champs. Nothing tradable, no customizations (at launch). This is all about player skill and competition.

Quote Originally Posted by toxorto View Post
    Will there be any way we can communicate with our team we play? Like a voice chat? A lot of games have that option like Heroes of order and chaos (and generally almost every online gameloft game).
    The game is all about responsiveness, so we are currently not thinking about using any bandwidth for voice. You'll be able to communicate outside of matches with Chat, and inside with Pings. We imagine serious folks will be using their tablet to compete, which frees up their phones to communicate with each other while not interfering with game performance.
    Last edited by Justg; 02-26-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

The game is all about responsiveness, so we are currently not thinking about using any bandwidth for voice. You'll be able to communicate outside of matches with Chat, and inside with Pings. We imagine serious folks will be using their tablet to compete, which frees up their phones to communicate with each other while not interfering with game performance.
    Thats what I do in AL when I pvp with my best friend. XD

Btw thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Will there be events too? Considering the fact that there is no gear, customization, PvE, etc. is there anything that will expand the game or is this just a release-everything-at-once kind of game? WYSIWYG?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #99
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    Will there be events too? Considering the fact that there is no gear, customization, PvE, etc. is there anything that will expand the game or is this just a release-everything-at-once kind of game? WYSIWYG?
    We'll have a stream of new Champs we will be introducing. Skins are a likely prospect after launch as well.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

so. who will become the next Rogue?

two-face mage with creepy face. runnn
    Last edited by Opry; 02-26-2015 at 12:34 PM.