Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ask Us Anything | Chat with Spacetime About Call of Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Few quick questions
    Will this game have a rank system?
    Or will ranks be based on competitive skill rating?
    Will it have a KDR?
    Really excited for this ^.^

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed View Post
    Will this be available on all apple and android mobile devices? I had bought a new tablet a few months back and some of the games I had played (specifically every MOBA I had played) were not compatible with the new tablet.
    Yes, only PCs are the exceptions...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I'm still actively developing on AL so I don't know the answer to a couple of these questions, but I can answer some!

1) Yes it is tap to move, and does not have a virtual joystick. The logic here is around visibility in during play, having a thumb over 1/3 of the screen the whole time doesn't play well and tap to play handles the immediacy involved with split second changes in decision making mid battle. It feels really great!

2) It does have screen rotation, though it never conflicts with play in my experience
    Thanks Carapace!!
    I love that it will have screen rotation!

That makes sense to not have a joystick on the phones. maybe a joystick on/off option can be added for tablet versions. It's one thing I miss when playing other mobile MOBAS.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #144
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Thanks Carapace!!
    I love that it will have screen rotation!
    I am sorry to contradict, but the game does not have camera rotation as you see it in PL. It is for similar reasons that we left it out of AL (the art assets are built to be viewed from one side only). This is to maximize the performance of a competitive game. I know Angeldawn, I love camera rotation too, but it really did not make sense in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Few quick questions
    Will this game have a rank system?
    Or will ranks be based on competitive skill rating?
    Will it have a KDR?
    Really excited for this ^.^
    Yes ranking system and ranked play, with KDAs tracked on everyone, as well as a host of other stats.

BTW, I am out at GDC, and yesterday I was showing it to a group of mobile gaming execs. Here are some of their responses:

"This is the coolest thing I have ever seen!"
    "You just blew my mind!"
    "Thank you. Thank you for finally doing this."
    One guy immediately gave me his resume.
    One guy just gave me a hug. It was Klaas (yes, that Klaas).
    Last edited by Justg; 03-03-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I am sorry to contradict, but the game does not have camera rotation as you see it in PL. It is for similar reasons that we left it out of AL (the art assets are built to be viewed from one side only). This is to maximize the performance of a competitive game. I know Angeldawn, I love camera rotation too, but it really did not make sense in this game.

Yes ranking system and ranked play, with KDAs tracked on everyone, as well as a host of other stats.

BTW, I am out at GDC, and yesterday I was showing it to a group of mobile gaming execs. Here are some of their responses:

"This is the coolest thing I have ever seen!"
    "You just blew my mind!"
    "Thank you. Thank you for finally doing this."
    One guy immediately gave me his resume.
    One guy just gave me a hug. It was Klaas (yes, that Klaas).
    Thank you! How will the search filter work? Will it search based on skill level (opponents with similar skill) or will it search for anyone?

I showed some friends the trailer and explained the concept, they said if its enjoyable they'll move from LoL

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Will this game have a certain "skin" or cosmetic for the founding players?

Will this game have titles for your specific character for unlocking certain achievements? Ex. "Tower Destroyer! Destroy X amount of towers! [Grants Title: The Destroyer]"

Also, from your pre-alpha screenshots, this game does in fact look like it will have camera rotation? Maybe you will fix this as it comes closer to beta?
    Last edited by D-:; 03-03-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    No gear. You start out with your full 5 abilities, including your Ult.

There is leveling. You will need to level up your champs to unlock new ones. Along the way you customize how your champ plays.

We'll matchmake according to ranks and tiers, so your L1 Avalanche would never fight a highly skilled player until you work your way up.

We'll be doing Alpha after SXSW, so stay tuned!
    No gear? nice news!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sounds like heroes of order and chaos by gameloft.pretty cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prosecuted View Post
    wat
    Well, it isnt Carapace's fault anyways. He's a AL dev only. It's only some developers making up Champs. Not much, but still a significant amount of devs making it up.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #150
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey Everyone! I'm jumping in here to help JustG and Carapace with some of these questions. I'm one of the lucky guys who gets to work on Call of Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Thank you! How will the search filter work? Will it search based on skill level (opponents with similar skill) or will it search for anyone?

I showed some friends the trailer and explained the concept, they said if its enjoyable they'll move from LoL
    While the match search filter isn't completely set in stone yet, we will definitely try to get you into matches that will be fun and competitive!

Quote Originally Posted by D-: View Post
    Will this game have a certain "skin" or cosmetic for the founding players?

Will this game have titles for your specific character for unlocking certain achievements? Ex. "Tower Destroyer! Destroy X amount of towers! [Grants Title: The Destroyer]"

Also, from your pre-alpha screenshots, this game does in fact look like it will have camera rotation? Maybe you will fix this as it comes closer to beta?
    Currently planned for launch is game only, but including cosmetic items or achievements is something that could come later.

Call of Champions does not have in game camera rotation as JustG mentioned. You can zoom in and out which could cause the camera to appear slightly different. Our current Spectator mode does have it's own camera, so if you see screenshots that appear very different, one could have been taken with the Spectator camera.

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    A few more quick questions.

3) Will it be like other Mobas where the same Champ can't be played by two players on the same team?

4) Since its 3v3 will the classes be limited to one class per game? So it's not one team of all tanks?

Question 3 and 4 are some what important. If you plan to play with friends you may need to have several Champs leveled to be able to play with different friends.
    To fill in answers for these questions:

3 - This isn't completely decided yet whether we will allow the same Champion on both teams. We like it in some ways, we don't like it in other ways. It's even possible some modes would allow it while others wouldn't. We want to make sure that players can quickly find a game to play while still retaining a strategic and competitive aspect.

4 - You are currently not limited to one class per game. In our office play many teams have doubled up on tanks, mages, or assassins for various reasons. If you go into a game by yourself though, we plan to do our best to put you on a competitive team, which will likely mean we won't place you onto a team of all tanks =P

Quote Originally Posted by Prosecuted View Post
    wat
    To briefly add onto this a little, you will not level up during an individual match like you do in traditional MOBAs, but your champions will have a level that increases by gaining XP from matches!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

D-:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey Everyone! I'm jumping in here to help JustG and Carapace with some of these questions. I'm one of the lucky guys who gets to work on Call of Champions!

While the match search filter isn't completely set in stone yet, we will definitely try to get you into matches that will be fun and competitive!

Currently planned for launch is game only, but including cosmetic items or achievements is something that could come later.

Call of Champions does not have in game camera rotation as JustG mentioned. You can zoom in and out which could cause the camera to appear slightly different. Our current Spectator mode does have it's own camera, so if you see screenshots that appear very different, one could have been taken with the Spectator camera.

3 - This isn't completely decided yet whether we will allow the same Champion on both teams. We like it in some ways, we don't like it in other ways. It's even possible some modes would allow it while others wouldn't. We want to make sure that players can quickly find a game to play while still retaining a strategic and competitive aspect.

4 - You are currently not limited to one class per game. In our office play many teams have doubled up on tanks, mages, or assassins for various reasons. If you go into a game by yourself though, we plan to do our best to put you on a competitive team, which will likely mean we won't place you onto a team of all tanks =P

To briefly add onto this a little, you will not level up during an individual match like you do in traditional MOBAs, but your champions will have a level that increases by gaining XP from matches!
    I'm thinking youre a car enthusiast because of your forum name?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post

Wow Vroom! I don't think I've seen you around since the gaming marathon. Great to know you are working on Champs!

Thanks for the detailed response and hard work on the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Will you give like a founder's helm for this game? Want to know
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

looks great but for real... does that one character need to show that much cleavage!? Seriously I know you're trying to attract the mens market and all but come on! I would really like to play this but if my mother saw me playing it and 'that' showed up on the screen... she'd end me.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curvature For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by curvature View Post
    looks great but for real... does that one character need to show that much cleavage!? Seriously I know you're trying to attract the mens market and all but come on! I would really like to play this but if my mother saw me playing it and 'that' showed up on the screen... she'd end me.
    ROFL!
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

That's funny, lol.

If you're mother gets mad just because of cleavage in a video game, just don't play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Zoom out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

looks great but for real... does that one character need to show that much
    cleavage!? Seriously I know you're trying to attract the mens market and all but come on! I would really like to play this but if my mother saw me playing it and 'that' showed up on the screen... she'd end me.
    one time i was playing the kim kardashian game and my mom came in and saw my character (she was super hot) and she punched me in the face took my phone and grounded me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@JustG @Remiem May I Please Please Please Test In Alpha Or Beta! PLEASE! Ty

Sent from my pocket legends account MADFISHO,MAXGOLDMERCH,YOUTELL,UNMERCHIFUL,MERCHIFU L

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@justG @Remiem will there be Elixers? Will the be a currency EG. Gold? Will the be pets? Will there be guilds? What is cap?

Sent from my pocket legends account MADFISHO,MAXGOLDMERCH,YOUTELL,UNMERCHIFUL,MERCHIFU L