Thread: Ring Shopping!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Ring Shopping!!

I am a bit confused about rings..... are the blood ruby's really worth saving up for? It certainly boosts my health and mana, but does very little for damage/dps.

Then there are the Elondrian and Frostbitten rings. I'm still getting the hang of the stats, which of these would you buy?

Name:  blood ruby.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  459.9 KB

Name:  Elondrian.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  460.0 KB

Name:  Frostbitten.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  452.3 KB

TIA!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You cannot do damage if you're dead. Blood Ruby of Shuyal is still currently the best ring apart from Rendtail's Dragonstone Ring (Arcane Ring).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

on rogue/mage mythic ring, on warr archon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Zestee! you're in NZ? Me too, kia ora now my cheapskate advice re: rings is this: much like mythic armour, when the new expansion comes out, I reckon these blood rubies will be well outdated. Unless you're doing PVP or running Planar Tombs/the Arena, I don't think you need one (I have Elondrian ring of Celerity), and personally I'm saving the half mill for new gears once the expansion is released. I'm levelling up a warrior so when I play on my end-game rogue it's usually farming teeth in Tindirin, or eggs in Elite/normal maps. Sure, this is not the most profitable way to farm, but neither does it require top of the line gear, or as many ankhs. I have upgraded mythics, Magma daggers of brutality (and exped. bow of brutality, which I chose over pot. for the extra hp), Fang, and the aforementioned Elo ring of celerity. I also have my warrior's Doom amulet which I use if I really feel I need the hp boost. For how I play, this gear, whilst by no means top of the line, is perfectly sufficient, and a hell of a lot cheaper. To put things into perspective, Ghoulish Daggers, about 7m, only have a few more damage points than Planar daggers of Brut (approx 250k), which in turn only have a few more points than my humble Magma Brutn(15ish k).

Because I'm not rich, I don't want to spend alll my money on lvl 41 gear which will probably soon be outdated. If I had millions to burn I would, but I don't, so.. I won't