Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Future of Mythic/Imbued sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Bumpity Bump! ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    When I say "farming" I mean farming for new gear, not a quest for farming ingredients to upgrade old gear.
    Imbued is a upgrades dark crystal armor....you guys just want to keep your stuff exclusive and powerful..thats not bad but saying a mythic upgrade in any kind of a quest would be a bad idea is pretty dumb
    Last edited by Eski; 04-18-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

The future?

*looks into crystal ball*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eski View Post
    Imbued is a upgrades dark crystal armor....you guys just want to keep your stuff exclusive and powerful..thats not bad but saying a mythic upgrade in any kind of a quest would be a bad idea is pretty dumb
    As long as I have something to farm, thats hard to obtain and can't be exploited by botters or plat farmers, I'm extremely happy
    Avy
    12-2012

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Y makes thing so complicated, In the end the old mythic gear and ingredient still useful and ppl has a lot of work to do for it, no more questions abt"wat we goin to do wit old mythic gear" for average and poor player
    "Respect, One of the many thing people lack"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    As long as I have something to farm, thats hard to obtain and can't be exploited by botters or plat farmers, I'm extremely happy
    This is my point ,thx

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Please no more armor upgrades. When the new cap comes let the old gear die and bring out new gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thexkid View Post
    Ive heard this question asked alot. What will be best next cap? Will Imbued stay the same or be upgradable to 46. Also will mythics be upgradable again? It seems like abit of a possible problem or possible wrong choice being made by sts resulting in nerfs and future price jumps/drops, rage threads etc..

Anyways i think ive thought up a solution. Im unsure if anyone else thought of this before me or not, but... come out with a recipe and add it to the new expansion content making it farmable or purchasable from a farmable currency(like teeth). This recipe will make new varied armor/helm sets combining mythic set with an imbued set(varies) each helm/suit would be done separately with an ingot and a dragonbar. This would utilize everything and solve that whole dilemma. Also would add build depth because the end result set would vary and have different "primary stats" for example making a rogue set with imbued of will would have high armor, tactics high crit, brutality hp, and potency would add dmg and mana stats to the newly crafted hybrid armor. 2 recipes would be required one for each the helm and the armor.
    I think this would be bad idea; why?

Atm the owners of imbued sets are, lets say 10% of endgame ppl, If u need both sets to upgrade a new gear to 46 that means dark cry/imbued sets will keep the price, so ppl who already got the imbueds (for 6-8 months atm) will get more boost in stats, so the gap between average and max geared ppl will get higher, and as i know sts said they working on reduce that gap.

just my 5c
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Its unreasonable to expect your level 41 armor to be the best at lvl 46 as well. It is admittedly the pattern sts is following, but I disagree with it. You enjoyed having top end gear, and now its time to farm or buy some more. However, planar tomb chest should continue to drop dark crystal gear of level 46, which can then be upgraded to level 46 imbued sets. The mythic set is so old that I would rather melt mine than have to use it for another reason.

As remiem announced, there will be another armor set coming out, and hopefully it will be able to compete with imbued sets. I just feel that people should not be able to keep upgrading gear to ensure it remains the best. That's not how a RPG should be IMO. In an rpg, we should have to constantly farm for new and better gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Using both mythic and imbued to upgrade to another gear? What about those who can't afford imbued, if they keep their price? I wouldn't be surprised if sts did this to widen the gap between the rich and poor even more, however. There's very few MMOs which make you upgrade your gears to another level cap. This is because they run out of ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I just can't understand those who complain about some ppl can't afforf imbued. If new best gear will come through locked crates they won't be able afford it. If new best gear will come by way similar with current imbued, they won't be able afford it. If new best gear will be dropable from elite maps, like it always was, farming elites will finish 2-3 weeks later after seasons start.
    In my dreams, the way for obtaining new best gear its complicated crafting which include ingredients from existing maps and new maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default The Future of Mythic/Imbued sets?

let the old gear go! i could understand if you hang onto your investments if one seaon would only last three months. but now with over a year for a season...

mythic gear upgrades killed farming for two (three) seasons now, we only were able to farm with decent profit during events or the first days of a cap, while the event s at the same time killed elite farming.

We need things to farm. if it isn t competitive pvp/twink/lb runner gear or pets, it probably won t make gold (unless it s rare vanities dropping in elites like in SL, one can dream...)

Without new desireable gear, we don t need a cap at all. what for? we can just go on with events if all the new cap brings us is an upgrade quest.

hand the old gear over to twinks and enjoy the hunt!

someone who uses mythic/legendary gear now won t loose much. i repeat that if you protest, look at the prices of freshly farmed gear after the cap and compare that to current sets.

someone with imbueds/arcane ring will still be competitive next season.

what i really would like to see is: more extreme diversity in gear/gems so there s no clearly best armor and more sets are needed for different use cases overall.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 04-18-2015 at 05:40 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Exactly Ard

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

sound complicated lol. all I know is. Which ever direction sts decide to take lol it's always gonna mess up one class, rather it's the poor/middle/rich. Its gonna mess one or two up. Can't satisfied all 3.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

It's funny how the majority of the filthy rich are all about new gear because they have the mean to obtain it while the majority of the poor want to keep/upgrade their old gear because they probably went broke after buying them. Me, I'm dirt poor and I play the game just to keep up with the drama :-v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default The Future of Mythic/Imbued sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    It's funny how the majority of the filthy rich are all about new gear because they have the mean to obtain it while the majority of the poor want to keep/upgrade their old gear because they probably went broke after buying them. Me, I'm dirt poor and I play the game just to keep up with the drama :-v
    the opposite is true. do you want mythics and imbueds upgraded, and the gap stays at it is and the cap is pointless as economy stays on halt, or do you want the opportunity to farm for new gear (new good legendaries sell 3-4m a piece after cap)? the rich with imbueds have more to loose in their gear but know how the economy works and how to make it work for them.

before the cap: join a good pve guild and accept suggestions
    after the cap update: level as fast as you can and sell everything instantly. this brings you millions (a lot of it if done right) and you can get over loosing your old gear fast.
    please note, this is not to mock you or anyone else, but by insisting on keeping gear for now a few hundred k, you forfeit the opportunity to make many millions.

and you don t need expensive gear to farm new elites. usually the cheapest high armor gear does well, you just can t expect fast runs, so not only the rich have the means to obtain new gear. please think about how you want to make money if everyone just upgrades his gear!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    This exactly. I can deal with whatever they throw at us, as long as we have new content to play and stuff to farm! I totally don't care if it's in the form of upgrades or new sets.

And yes. Omg the Plat farmers and botters have once again wrecked anything in locked. Eh -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thexkid View Post
    Ive heard this question asked alot. What will be best next cap? Will Imbued stay the same or be upgradable to 46. Also will mythics be upgradable again? It seems like abit of a possible problem or possible wrong choice being made by sts resulting in nerfs and future price jumps/drops, rage threads etc..

Anyways i think ive thought up a solution. Im unsure if anyone else thought of this before me or not, but... come out with a recipe and add it to the new expansion content making it farmable or purchasable from a farmable currency(like teeth). This recipe will make new varied armor/helm sets combining mythic set with an imbued set(varies) each helm/suit would be done separately with an ingot and a dragonbar. This would utilize everything and solve that whole dilemma. Also would add build depth because the end result set would vary and have different "primary stats" for example making a rogue set with imbued of will would have high armor, tactics high crit, brutality hp, and potency would add dmg and mana stats to the newly crafted hybrid armor. 2 recipes would be required one for each the helm and the armor.
    Damn I already can't get imbued now I'm gonna need dragonite bars for new armor ?;-;
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

In my opinion mythic armor isn't very good and should have been done away with long ago. As for imbued it will still be a good armor after the level cap. We need a new type of armor that we can farm but is very rare. We could also have a new crafted armor like imbued. But like others have said if we keep upgrading old armor it will ruin the economy. (Note i am not a "end game player")
    Last edited by azagreoralu; 04-19-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

It seems as if every time players have a chance to make gold, sts screws up the economy by doing 47% off locks or 2x arcane weekend, etc. And let's not forget pet crates too. (This is how plat users became richer, and the gap between rich and poor became wider)Anyways, as far as mythic armor goes, it shouldn't be upgraded. I'm in the sort of middle of the spectrum for gears, and I'm saying that mythics shouldn't be upgraded. Why? It gives people nothing to farm, nothing to make money from. And even after the new gears come out, only the "lucky" ones will be able to loot it, due to all these random number generators this game lives off of. So before we all argue with each other here, lets remember who's pulling the strings(sts). I doubt that there will be many ways to make gold the next expansion also. Sts will probably just screw up the economy again, leaving non plat users in the dust, and keeping their loyal customers on their thrones. The pattern will continue.