Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 55 Enchantress Gear Build Comparisons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    For maximum DPS, you may want to consider full Mastermind and a dex helm of persistence. That should give you a very high crit.
    Actually, the Scrubber's set gives a higher DPS, (i'm negating the hit% because it doesn't make a difference when you are already over 100%. and the cap seems to be at 85% anyway)

Check It out. First is the wand comparison with various other equipped items ( I used the Dex helm for all comparisons where crown is noted)

Next is the Staff Comparison

Pretty interesting, I would have thought Mastermind would have been better as well. Keep in mind you sacrifice armor if you go with the Scrubbers items.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I guess you can add the Big Luck to any of these sets and add 1 armor. Every bit helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post

Pretty interesting, I would have thought Mastermind would have been better as well. Keep in mind you sacrifice armor if you go with the Scrubbers items.
    That's why I recommended Masterminds over Scrubbers. I don't consider Scrubbers on an int mage to be very good for the Sewers.

Edit: That said, it's the mana regen in Mastermind that is important. Scrubbers on the other hand ... doesn't have any. Mastermind doesn't have any better armor.

I should also point out that I feel Lowman's is the best compromise if you can't afford Mega Mage.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 03-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with that^ You would get annihilated as a pure int mage in the sewers with just Scrubbers. But it definitely gives a high amount of DPS which would be good for lower level dungeons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    I agree with that^ You would get annihilated as a pure int mage in the sewers with just Scrubbers. But it definitely gives a high amount of DPS which would be good for lower level dungeons.
    Mastermind still - you need mana regen or you'll be burning up mana pots. Mage spells are the most mana intensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I just realized something that I should have pointed this out some time ago (which Pharcyde pointed out on another thread) - this guide needs to take into account ability damage. DPS isn't all that useful on a mage - the bulk of your damage comes from your spells.

How much does each of the sets affect lightning, fire blast, etc? That is what matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This isn't taking into account several mechanical things that can change the "feel" of a set:

1. The effect of the extra damage given to skills. When doing that, you can't use the number normalized to a 1.0 speed, either. You have to use the original average. (This is similar to not being able to normalize the weapon damage because of the effect enemy armor has, but yet another to reason not do so.)
    2. The effect of crit% on the skills. Skills do the bulk of your damage, so boosting them with crit can have more of a difference than just a few points of weapon damage. (Those few points, of course, add to the skills themselves, so it's a balance.)
    3. If hit% drops lower than 85%, it definitely must be factored in. (That's not usually a problem, though.)
    4. For similar reasons, when looking at armor, dodge matters since each percent point is a 1% reduction in aggregate damage.

On lower level builds, much of this usually doesn't seem to matter since the best items are best in every stat. The trade offs seem to grow with levels, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I wonder how the enchanted set does in all this...

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It's the exact same as the Mega Mage, except instead of +8 M/S per item, it gives +8 H/S per item.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to noneo For This Useful Post: