Thread: Gyrm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Default Gyrm

I think adding event pet Gyrm into the new 15plat chest is a bad idea. Some of us worked on several toons very hard during the event as an investment for the future. This investment lost its value by 60% overnight.

As if the value of most of the assets coming from hard work were not ruined already - what's the price of magma stuff, what's the price of any elite loot anyway? There are only planar chests with ridiculously low drop rate and also I heard myths about recipe dropping in arena in every 500 runs or so. (= tons of plats and ankhs).

So, obviously, the only assets that somehow hold value are arcane eggs, but who can afford to invest into such stuff?

I am for sure sellling all my other valuable eggs, because I never know what will be your next idea. Slag, Abby, Dovabear or Grimm in the loot table?

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They don't care about your investments. They only care about plat purchases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I was chatting with a friend of mine and told her that rage will come after this...its not a good move of sts...loading...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I certainly wasn't happy with it....lost millions. As if I don't lose enough as it is!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

In these days you never know what sts makes. Economy is absolutely mess thanks to unannounced buffs, nerfs, bad spawns, missing drops and so on. We, players, donīt have any assurance. We donīt know what will be next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I totally feel for you all, I do <3 I'd be sad if something I was saving was released like this. In saying that, and I don't want to rub salt in your wounds, but from the perspective of someone who missed the Goblin event and couldn't really afford to buy Gyrm in the auction house, I do like it. You could always buy frog crates to sell in auction... or if you have no plat buy the crates in auction and sell once event is over, to try and recoup the money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I think adding event pet Gyrm into the new 15plat chest is a bad idea. Some of us worked on several toons very hard during the event as an investment for the future. This investment lost its value by 60% overnight.

As if the value of most of the assets coming from hard work were not ruined already - what's the price of magma stuff, what's the price of any elite loot anyway? There are only planar chests with ridiculously low drop rate and also I heard myths about recipe dropping in arena in every 500 runs or so. (= tons of plats and ankhs).

So, obviously, the only assets that somehow hold value are arcane eggs, but who can afford to invest into such stuff?

I am for sure sellling all my other valuable eggs, because I never know what will be your next idea. Slag, Abby, Dovabear or Grimm in the loot table?
    I think its a good idea, why u keep hoarding gyrm eggs from 1 year? U was able to sell them for 700-800k like mythic egg price.

And yes, u can expect Slag, Abaddon and Grimm come back like they made several times whit mythics pets.

Hoarding isn't an option to sell overpriced items, get'em wait a few months and sell

PS: i personally payed 650k for a gyrm before this frog chests and its ok
    Last edited by Enterradora; 03-05-2015 at 04:36 AM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    I think its a good idea, why u keep hoarding gyrm eggs from 1 year? U was able to sell them for 700-800 like mythic egg price.

And yes, u can expect Slag, Abaddon and Grimm come back like they made several times whit mythics pets.

Hoarding isn't an option to sell overpriced items, get'em wait a few months and sell
    And another thing, as newer and better pets are released, the pets being hoarded become comparatively worse.. perhaps another reason not to hoard for too long. I wonder if people expect all pets to appreciate in value like Dovabear, which is probably unrealistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

You been hoarding all those Gyrm eggs for nearly a year! You could've sold them as someone mentioned for 800k each easy. You should've taken the example of Grimm, the guy who hoarded 20 Grimm eggs for over a year, then panic sold them due to it being available during Halloween for tokens.

You went for rich pickings, but got picked rich. I hoard nothing! I mean what if AL ended then what! Silly move to hoard stuff in a game for a year or over. New things can devalue anything you have, secondly you're relying on longevity of a game in a very competitive market.

The bad decision was yours. Simply put, you hoarded predicting the market, your prediction failed. Don't blame STS. Another thing don't invest in stock market shares irl either, I don't think predicting future markets is your fortė.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 03-05-2015 at 05:09 AM.