Thread: Change starter pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Change starter pets.

As someone now playing end game, sporting mythic gear and beginning arcane pet collection, I feel I finally have the right to comment on this objectively. Again, just an opinion here, but curious if it has crossed anyone else's mind.

I get it. Everything good we get in this game we bust our behinds for. A LOT of time and a lot of hard work. But the starter pets are just ridiculous. I get we aren't supposed to use them long and the pet system is basically a small pokemon-esque collection event, more important with many to get them rather than do anything with 96% of them. But for those 3 intro pets could we just scale them differently?

A thought, for those three only, have them hit evolutionary stages? No appearance change necessary, but say levels 1-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-45, and 46 run respective brackets for stat bonus improvements to scale with the low end of the pets typically bought throughout those level gaps?

It's not going to hurt pet sales or collections because we all know we still pick our favorites and eventually we all want to collect them all, I'm sure. But it gives the players a definitive, helpful go-to pet while levelling up and figuring pet choices out for the first time without gimping anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I think the starter pets... are just starter pets. They are there for as the strict minimum. No matter what happened, you have a pet that will help you. As an endgame player, I am sure you looted some eggs all around Arlor. That's like finding a pokemon, and catching it. The objective is to find better pets over time, and as a long time objective: catch'em all. They actually evolve, level after level: they get more dmg and crit. Their AA and PA evolve during the first 20 levels. The idea of evolving the stats from lvl1 to lvl41 would kill the value of the pet at low level, and make it OP at non-stop evolution endgame.

I can tell you right now: there is less then 5 players who actually own ALL of the pets. You might have noticed Nightshade has been awarded to top 3 player of an LB contest. 5 people obtained Nightshade, 2 ex-æquo. I know 4 were opened, idk about the 5th egg. I am sorry i probably killed your dream to catch'em all. Good luck tho, I am at 27 pets (yea I am still noob >_<)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    You might have noticed Nightshade has been awarded to top 3 player of an LB contest. 5 people obtained Nightshade, 2 ex-æquo.
    What does this mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHardcore View Post
    As someone now playing end game, sporting mythic gear and beginning arcane pet collection, I feel I finally have the right to comment on this objectively. Again, just an opinion here, but curious if it has crossed anyone else's mind.

I get it. Everything good we get in this game we bust our behinds for. A LOT of time and a lot of hard work. But the starter pets are just ridiculous. I get we aren't supposed to use them long and the pet system is basically a small pokemon-esque collection event, more important with many to get them rather than do anything with 96% of them. But for those 3 intro pets could we just scale them differently?

A thought, for those three only, have them hit evolutionary stages? No appearance change necessary, but say levels 1-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-45, and 46 run respective brackets for stat bonus improvements to scale with the low end of the pets typically bought throughout those level gaps?

It's not going to hurt pet sales or collections because we all know we still pick our favorites and eventually we all want to collect them all, I'm sure. But it gives the players a definitive, helpful go-to pet while levelling up and figuring pet choices out for the first time without gimping anything else.
    Respecting ur suggestion i would like to point out pets in this game arent pokemon like charmender evolves to charmeleon at lvl16 and charizard at 36 i dont expect barney and all to evolve in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thing.is, it isnt pokemon. I already agreed with that. Just dang close to. Everyone wants their mewtwo but settles charizard/Samael - Grimm/blinky/abaddon, etc... (Yah I went there.)

The biggest differences are in the combat system, which is how we would have wanted to play pokemon had we the choice anyways. (Imagine Ash as a rogue?)

Beyond being nostalgic, I'm not saying let's evolve our pets and teach them new moves and such. Just saying for the starter three, evolve their stats in increments to be moderately useful for first play through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHardcore View Post
    Thing.is, it isnt pokemon. I already agreed with that. Just dang close to. Everyone wants their mewtwo but settles charizard/Samael - Grimm/blinky/abaddon, etc... (Yah I went there.)

The biggest differences are in the combat system, which is how we would have wanted to play pokemon had we the choice anyways. (Imagine Ash as a rogue?)

Beyond being nostalgic, I'm not saying let's evolve our pets and teach them new moves and such. Just saying for the starter three, evolve their stats in increments to be moderately useful for first play through.
    i guess being a huge fan of pokemon we both know that just as pokemon evolves its stats improve the same thing u are suggesting here hence i compared it with pokemon ash
    as rouge oh i like richie more if u remember the finalist against who charizard(sleeping) loss to dont think so this suggestion would be implemented

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    What does this mean?
    I suggest that you take a look at the pet description in stable. Take a look at Nightshade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I think the starter pets... are just starter pets. They are there for as the strict minimum. No matter what happened, you have a pet that will help you. As an endgame player, I am sure you looted some eggs all around Arlor. That's like finding a pokemon, and catching it. The objective is to find better pets over time, and as a long time objective: catch'em all. They actually evolve, level after level: they get more dmg and crit. Their AA and PA evolve during the first 20 levels. The idea of evolving the stats from lvl1 to lvl41 would kill the value of the pet at low level, and make it OP at non-stop evolution endgame.

I can tell you right now: there is less then 5 players who actually own ALL of the pets. You might have noticed Nightshade has been awarded to top 3 player of an LB contest. 5 people obtained Nightshade, 2 ex-æquo. I know 4 were opened, idk about the 5th egg. I am sorry i probably killed your dream to catch'em all. Good luck tho, I am at 27 pets (yea I am still noob >_<)
    No worry I have a max of probably 40 dif pets through ALL my chars not 1 single.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I can read the description- I want to know how 5 were awarded when the description states that the pet was awarded to the top THREE in leaderboard

edit: this was meant for you Dragoonclaws I hit the wrong reply button and left the quote out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    I can read the description- I want to know how 5 were awarded when the description states that the pet was awarded to the top THREE in leaderboard
    there was 2 people ex aequo with the top3 players

I don't know exactly, but there was probably 2 people in the top1 and 2 people the top3

#1 PlayerA = 1000 points
    #1 PlayerD = 1000 points
    #2 PlayerH = 960 points
    #3 PlayerT = 950 points
    #3 PlayerX = 950 points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I don't know exactly, but there was probably 2 people in the top1 and 2 people the top3

#1 PlayerA = 1000 points
    #1 PlayerD = 1000 points
    #2 PlayerH = 960 points
    #3 PlayerT = 950 points
    #3 PlayerX = 950 points
    There only was 1 person first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I don't know, i gave that as example. I know that there are 5 pets, and some people arrived ex aequo, but nothing more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Ohh I see, it was "ex aequo" thing that confused me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

it means same position -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

it means same position -_-