Thread: Roundup?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Roundup?

I've seen a couple of endgame warriors do this in Stronghold, and I really want to learn how to do it, or more to the point, find out what armor I would need to pull it off.

Run out to the big room, aggro all mobs and run them back to the entrance to be aoed by the group. Same thing with the back room. Where do you pull to in the back room? that first left, then...the back corner?
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well I just run a round taunting, and if i don't die on a fire trap, this does the trick.
    But with weaker teams I think it's better to beckon the mobs, in smaller batches...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've seen Elly and a couple of more do it even some pallys in end-game gear or just random gear. All you need is to keep yourself alive with buffs/debuffs and pots. Know when to use beckon and just train them to a corner and beackon, taunt and stomp them to a wall or corner.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did a test at Stronghold last night, to which a bunch of people unfortunately jumped in as I was doing the move. Nothing like "SURPRISE! HERE'S 20 ANGRY MOBS!" for a level 52 archer to first see.

I've got either Guardian or bodyguard...which I don't like. I don't know if the successful guys are using FF or better for the extra armor.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think any sewer armor is fine if you do do the roundup in two smaller groups per room. It is also easier on the party if there are lower level players or two bears in the party. You need a lot of aoe firepower to wipe that one big group. I did it yesterday wearing level 51 orange armor with my bear alt and didn't have a problem as long as I timed my buffes and health pots. Just dont taunt an active fire trap and you should be good.

By the way, Tengotengo -- I saw something similar happen yesterday when I did the round up with a party of 51s and 52s. I brought this huge mob back and they proceeded to lay a beat down on the party. Luckily I held most of the agrro while the lone standing pally did some quick res work. MrWallace is right about going small if you don't have a strong party. The roundup isn't for every trip through Stronghold, or so I found out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    I think any sewer armor is fine if you do do the roundup in two smaller groups per room. It is also easier on the party if there are lower level players or two bears in the party. You need a lot of aoe firepower to wipe that one big group. I did it yesterday wearing level 51 orange armor with my bear alt and didn't have a problem as long as I timed my buffes and health pots. Just dont taunt an active fire trap and you should be good.

By the way, Tengotengo -- I saw something similar happen yesterday when I did the round up with a party of 51s and 52s. I brought this huge mob back and they proceeded to lay a beat down on the party. Luckily I held most of the agrro while the lone standing pally did some quick res work. MrWallace is right about going small if you don't have a strong party. The roundup isn't for every trip through Stronghold, or so I found out.
    I think I was in that group. Haha. I didn't know what was going on. I saw we had some bears in the group so I was changing from my void to my bagmans gear. When I got backing to the map screen there was a whole flock of angry mobs destroying me. Haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think I was in that group. Haha. I didn't know what was going on. I saw we had some bears in the group so I was changing from my void to my bagmans gear. When I got backing to the map screen there was a whole flock of angry mobs destroying me. Haha.

If so, whoops (and sorry). I forget sometimes that not everyone knows all the tactics for different boards. Sometimes I go on auto-pilot when running through a board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Lol. No big deal. One of my goals is to get killed 1,000 times. I'm close to 600 already. Bahaha. I just worry that sometimes mages get tired of reving me over and over. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Lol. No big deal. One of my goals is to get killed 1,000 times. I'm close to 600 already. Bahaha. I just worry that sometimes mages get tired of reving me over and over. Lol.
    It is good to have goals. Lol. I hit a 1000 deaths a little while ago on my 56 bird. Now I am working on 2000. Just means you aren't playing from the back of the group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Use both buffs at the start, then pot like crazy lol. try not to run too wide and instead beckon and taunt. The Idea is that they die before you soak up too much damage, thats why a good group is necessary.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Yeah, I like being up front. I like this bagmans gear because of the crit but as soon as I hit a crit combo I'm dead an instant later without a chance to even pot. I'm lvl 52 right now and have 2 or 3 lvl 53 sets so I'll be able to mix and match more here shortly. What do you use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First time I saw this a few weeks ago I was completely like WTF? But it really makes the run go so much faster. Nice bear/pally trick! The onslaught of aggro makes it more challenging to stay alive and keep others alive. Of course...not everyone likes a challenge. I've seen alot of drop outs when this tactic is used....thinning the herd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

You wouldn't even need to beckon or set them up if your round-up.

Just take the hits so others don't really, and it's their job to take out the already compact mobs (birds first then mages IMO).

They pretty much arrange themselves because of you trailing them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I need some better armor for this though...I keep stuttering under attacks. Maybe a set of mage buffs before I do it. I'm still in Guardian, so i've got 155 armor. I also neglected my dodge, so that may need to change if i'm going to hang with the end-game tactics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    I think I need some better armor for this though...I keep stuttering under attacks. Maybe a set of mage buffs before I do it. I'm still in Guardian, so i've got 155 armor. I also neglected my dodge, so that may need to change if i'm going to hang with the end-game tactics.
    What do you mean by stuttering? Being brought back even if you "walked" a distance?

If so, those are from the mage attacks if I'm not mistaken. Much like in Ao3, those alien mages always make me rubberband when they hit me with an attack.

I don't get much stuttering from mobs because of (like you said you lack) dodge. That way I completely avoid their attack even if its 1 damage, which make you stutter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Another nice way to roundup some mobs in Stronghold I just recently saw is to take the shortcut from the big circular room and let your team take the normal way. This way you'll meet around the bridge in the middle with a big pile of bad guys behind you.

But better tell your team before what you will do, I found out that this is a surprise not everybody likes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I first saw this the other night (finally decided to lvl beyond 53). I thought is was pretty cool. I was playing with a real good group though. I wouldn't want to see this in some of the P.U.G's I've been in lately though (shudders).
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do this from time to time. But like Wallace said many people hate it. I was partying with a well known Archer from these very forums and he got very upset when I managed to roundup a huge mob and it wiped out the whole party except for me. He told me to not play like a noob because I was 55. I appoligized for assuming they could handle the work load then beckoned small mobs the rest of the night. So yeah asking beforehand is s good idea lol

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I do this when I'm doing the dailies with my bear (currently L52 using rift). Fun stuff!

With the back room of stronghold, I tend to just do the first two square blocks worth of mobs if in a pug. If I know the group can handle it, or if everyone is 54 or 55, I'll challenge them a bit by grabbing everything up to the back corner.

It can be risky to do if there's only one mage. How well the group clears/survives the death train at the start of stronghold serves as a good indicator for later in the run
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.