Thread: [Suggestion] Account Nickname

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Account Nickname

So I just came up with this idea one day as one of my guildmate said he/she had two other characters in the guild that i didn't even realize were his/hers. My suggestion is that there should be a nickname for the entire account so that people could know exactly who they were talking to. So let's say I have a mage called Elementalhero, a warrior called Axel and a rouge called Swiftblade. My account Nickname would be ArcaneLad. Whenever one of my characters were logged into, it would come show my name like this (ArcaneLad)ElementalHero, (ArcaneLad)Axel and (ArcaneLad)Swiftblade. The Nickname should only be displayed when they're in your friends list, your guild member's list and when you're inspecting a player. Also nicknames should not be able to be deleted or changed. it's a once-off thing that can't be tampered with in the future.

Pros:
    • I'll know exactly who someone is in a guild e.g. guildmaster with multiple characters
    • If someone is kicked out of the guild, you'll not to invite other characters with the same nickname

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I wouldn't mind this being a little feature of the inspect page

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Great idea! Scamming with alts will dwindle a bit with your suggestion because they know the account name. Nice one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

No. I really do not need to know someone's 10000 twinks. And I really do not need them to know my 10 L1's.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I like this idea.... I do think it would clog up chat a bit to have such massively long character names displayed, but having this displayed on the inspect page would be really nice.

Players who didn't want people to know their alts would just make separate game accounts though, so I don't think it would really stop scammers, or people from intentionally keeping some secret toons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheComboKid View Post
    So I just came up with this idea one day as one of my guildmate said he/she had two other characters in the guild that i didn't even realize were his/hers. My suggestion is that there should be a nickname for the entire account so that people could know exactly who they were talking to. So let's say I have a mage called Elementalhero, a warrior called Axel and a rouge called Swiftblade. My account Nickname would be ArcaneLad. Whenever one of my characters were logged into, it would come show my name like this (ArcaneLad)ElementalHero, (ArcaneLad)Axel and (ArcaneLad)Swiftblade. The Nickname should only be displayed when they're in your friends list, your guild member's list and when you're inspecting a player. Also nicknames should not be able to be deleted or changed. it's a once-off thing that can't be tampered with in the future.

Pros:
    • I'll know exactly who someone is in a guild e.g. guildmaster with multiple characters
    • If someone is kicked out of the guild, you'll not to invite other characters with the same nickname
    I suggest that the first character ever created is automatically the main character. Now we can add a title that shows the main name!!! People who want to show their main name will show, and others will just not.