Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: FACT : We dont own anything in this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default FACT : We dont own anything in this game

Brandon replied:
    We investigate every player that is reported to us, no one is treated differently. Our Terms of Service specifically state that we own your account and may close it any time, for any reason.

Regards,

Brandon
    So u think your acc is yours? NO. You think spending real money to buy plat, have an arcane pet, arcane ring, and being an OP char, that char is yours? NO.
    The fact is we have nothing in this game, that ToS is irrefutable.

1. STS own your account, they may close it any time for any reason
    2. You break the rules in ToS ---> Banned
    3. You did something bad / still debating issues but not against ToS ----> Back to number 1, sts can close any account for any reason because they own all account in AL.
    4. You think isnt fair because theres lot of ppl do the same thing like you but only your account closed? ---> Back to number 1, remember that sts own all account in AL. They free to choose which account will closed.

So, dont be so serious in game. All u have here is FUN, if u cant having fun here thats the sign for u to quit this game.
    Last edited by Justg; 02-18-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: more accurate title.
    We were born Original, dont die a copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I played this gaming knowing this, so i can be comfortable with my gameplay. The sooner you accept this thing about fine print and account and item ownership the more fun you can have. I also accept that i am a costumer/player renting a platform for my entertainment consumption. So i dont overspend and only dedicate my free time in playing.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You do know this is true of all online/mobile games, right? Try violating some other games' TOS and see what happens.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

what is a tos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    You do know this is true of all online/mobile games, right? Try violating some other games' TOS and see what happens.

100% agree with that, but what about something that not written in ToS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Litheus View Post
    what is a tos
    Terms of Service
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...rms-of-Service
    Last edited by Kimpling; 02-18-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

This is the reason why I quit spending my real life money in STS games

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

It's not a problem unless they abuse the power. If they did abuse it, no one would play the game and they wouldn't get paid. So they won't get anything out of banning randomly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

It's simple. If you break a rule, you get banned for a period of time, or for forever. If STS didn't do this, AL would be in chaos mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

What do you EXPECT?
    ALL the things we "own" are pixels and codes stored on THEIR servers, ofcourse we dont own it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

i disagree with you , you literally own your account and you can do whatever changes in the account but when you break their rules then they ganna own your account .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpling View Post
    So u think your acc is yours? NO. You think spending real money to buy plat, have an arcane pet, arcane ring, and being an OP char, that char is yours? NO.
    The fact is we have nothing in this game, that ToS is irrefutable.

1. STS own your account, they may close it any time for any reason
    2. You break the rules in ToS ---> Banned
    3. You did something bad / still debating issues but not against ToS ----> Back to number 1, sts can close any account for any reason because they own all account in AL.
    4. You think isnt fair because theres lot of ppl do the same thing like you but only your account closed? ---> Back to number 1, remember that sts own all account in AL. They free to choose which account will closed.

So, dont be so serious in game. All u have here is FUN, if u cant having fun here thats the sign for u to quit this game.
    What the hell!?

ITS THEIR GAME! You are playing "there" game and its there rules.

Want to have you're OWN game and OWN rules?

http://unity3d.com/ , welcome.
    Last edited by Nheedles; 02-20-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nheedles View Post
    What the hell!?

ITS THERE GAME! You are playing "there" game and its there rules.

Want to have you're OWN game and OWN rules?

http://unity3d.com/ , welcome.
    their*

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon;
    Brandon replied:
    We investigate every player that is reported to us, no one is treated differently. Our Terms of Service specifically state that we own your account and may close it any time, for any reason.

Regards,

Brandon
    and I think the fact isn't meant to be taken that way.

The account is yours, the games is their game. Want to play, then respect the ToS you accept by clicking >Play<.
    If you're not respecting the rules, it's their right to stop you, by banning the account, or banning your IP adress.

Now what's meant in ''we own your acount''?

Your account information is stocked in their servers, in order to have control and restrictions over it, so you can' modify your account and give yourself a given level, or an item. Since the account is stocked in their server and they have the right to edit their server's infos, they also have the right to delete your account (close it) from their servers.

Play it right, play it cool, have fun, or don't. They won't touch your account if you do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Ikr about breaking the rules in tos and the risk lol, im not a newbie in online games.

The point is what if theres no rules about "something" in tos (maybe not yet), and when we do that sts make a punishment to us bcoz of that. When we ask them to please show me the rules in tos about that thing, they cant show it and only said "we own all acc in game and we can do anything for any reason"....

Question is is there any "unwritten rules" outside ToS? And only sts know that thing bcoz they r the boss? And they can do anything as they want bcoz this is their game?

No offense really, like i said this game for fun, if u cant find your fun feel free to quit n find other games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

This is almost nothing compared to other games.
    In LoL just for going afk you can be perma banned.
    If you break a rule they ban your IP so you can never join the game again and they block your IP from other games they created and warn other major studios about your record.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpling View Post
    Ikr about breaking the rules in tos and the risk lol, im not a newbie in online games.

The point is what if theres no rules about "something" in tos (maybe not yet), and when we do that sts make a punishment to us bcoz of that. When we ask them to please show me the rules in tos about that thing, they cant show it and only said "we own all acc in game and we can do anything for any reason"....

Question is is there any "unwritten rules" outside ToS? And only sts know that thing bcoz they r the boss? And they can do anything as they want bcoz this is their game?

No offense really, like i said this game for fun, if u cant find your fun feel free to quit n find other games.
    No, they don't do this because it's their game. They can do it for that reason aswell. Remember that rules are very general, and are made in order to cover a lot of cases. No rule is specific to a specific case. The ''unwritten rules'' are meant in the general rules. I also think that they must be able to specify the broken rule.

Then, you're probably doing something that they consider wrong, and that is not explained in the actual rules. If more players try doing it, expect a modification in the TOS in order to cover that one wrong action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    This is almost nothing compared to other games.
    In LoL just for going afk you can be perma banned.
    If you break a rule they ban your IP so you can never join the game again and they block your IP from other games they created and warn other major studios about your record.
    Ok first of all, why would STS tell other companies what you've done. It'd be nearly impossible for them to prove it was you. Second, you can't get banned for being away from keyboard. I don't see how you can be banned for that, but I can guarantee you it's not that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Ok first of all, why would STS tell other companies what you've done. It'd be nearly impossible for them to prove it was you. Second, you can't get banned for being away from keyboard. I don't see how you can be banned for that, but I can guarantee you it's not that.
    Completely agree. They cannot ban you from other games or even remotely make other games bane you. Therefore the only way you cant get banned is if you do something bad in that game. StS is not a warlord over every other game. They have no control in other gaming platforms. So, even if you get banned from Arcane Legends or from all StS games (which I don't recommend), you can still play all other games that are not controlled by StS.

Have a Nice Day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    LoL is a moba right so being afk hugely impacts your team. Also they have a ranking system which is why the punishment is so hard. Yesterday, my friend was banned for this exact reason. They can moniter you using the player report system that they have put in place.

Also i was wrong about the IP thing. It is only if you attempt to hack, change, modify, bot etc and you are only banned from games made by RIOT.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

LoL is a moba right so being afk hugely impacts your team. Also they have a ranking system which is why the punishment is so hard. Yesterday, my friend was banned for this exact reason. They can moniter you using the player report system that they have put in place.

Also i was wrong about the IP thing. It is only if you attempt to hack, change, modify, bot etc and you are only banned from games made by RIOT.
    Thank you for the correction, it enlights more about the subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

This isn't a moba.